5,410 results
All reviews la pergola casa bella marival resort time share club section mai tai martini bar quiet pool a la carte restaurants kids club kids pool animation staff italian restaurant make reservations boogie boarding bedroom suite tennis courts
Reviewed 17 February 2019

Just got back from the Marival all-inclusive resort in Puerto Vallarta. Had a great time. Really enjoyed all the free water sports equipment. Took advantage of the Boogie Boards, Kayaks, and Sailboat multiple times.
I did not know how to sail, although I had always wanted to learn. They gave me a pretty extensive compressed course on the Hobbie Cat 13. After a few hands on sailing lessons with the instructors I felt quite confident and was able to take the cat out by myself. The owner / instructor of the sailboat was very professional and serious about the art of sailing. His name was Gilles and I cannot recommend him highly enough. A great guy and a true professional. Thanks Gilles for making a good vacation "GREAT" I am now looking to buy a similar boat to practice this summer.. Don

Room tip: I think the Marival Grand rooms may have better ocean view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daphne_ffernandez5, Gerente at Marival Resort & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Don and Pat,

We love to read reviews like yours, where our guests recognize our team's effort. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We'll forward your words to Gilles, he'll be very proud of his work. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2019

Provide beer in room, as well as bottled water! Water made us sick and very inconvenient to have to beg for it EVERY DAY! Bar Staff were not honest. Food was the same every day at the buffet.... too spicy!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI

Dear guest,

For your information, we offer beer in your room with room service for a fee of $50 pesos per service per 4 beers. We're surprised to read your comment regarding the bottled water, as we never received a report from you. We have concierge service available from 7am to 11pm to assist you in any inconvenience you may find. Additionally, we share the hotel's commitment to reduce our plastic waste, and therefore, the pollution. In order to comply with the new No-Plastic regulation in the State of Nayarit we're getting rid of plastic bottles, this is why we have a jar of water and two glasses in your mini bar, this jar can be filled with the water machines that are located in every hallway. Our Bars Manager would have loved to know more regarding your experience with our team to follow up personally. Also, our Food and Beverages Manager informs you that we're changing our menus in our themed nights at the buffet, however, we're surprised to read you had "too spicy" food. We would have loved you were more specific, as we have some sauces that are mild.
We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2019 via mobile

I would HIGHLY recommend this resort to anyone with a family! The food was fantastic and I can not rave about the staff enough!!!! The animation staff were so amazing with my children! Gino, sexy Brian, and Caesar are just a few that I remember the names of and my kids loved them all! My daughter is very shy and has a hard time opening up but the staff made her feel comfortable and welcomed! I will return again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Daphne_ffernandez5, Gerente at Marival Resort & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2019

Dear Laura,

Thanks for recommending us through TripAdvisor.
We truly appreciate you mentioned our team, as they work very hard to provide our guests an excellent entertainment. We will be waiting for your next visits.

Reviewed 14 February 2019

Just returned from Marival Grand Resort, it is my 3rd trip here. The pro’s of the resort are its fantastic beach, flat and perfect for long walks. The a-la-carte restaurants are excellent (if you manage to get a reservation). The staff is also fantastic, from the waiters, to cleaning service, maintenance, front desk etc. Lots of fun activities all day provided for families. Breakfast was consistently good. The buffet was very good for lunch, better than dinner, as they had a pasta bar, good selection of vegetables, fish including wonderful salmon, rice, salads, fruit, etc. M&M bar was great, with a beautiful view and wonderful piano music.
The con’s were enough to make this my last visit to Marival. The chair hoarding situation was out of control, most chairs sat unused, covered in a variety of objects. We couldn’t get a chair at the beach or pool until later in the afternoon. I don’t need a chair in the morning, so I don’t ‘reserve’ one. In our previous trips, it was not a problem getting a chair anywhere after having lunch. Marival has taken away about 1/3 of the beach for VIP areas and VIP beach bar – ruining the beach for Marival guests. This alone is a deal-breaker for me and I will not return because of the lack of beach chairs.
The showers in the rooms were treacherous, there were no grab handles at all and they were slippery. No hooks to hang up wet clothing or towels. They want you to recycle towels, but there was no where to hang them. There was a rain shower that wasted water and no shower wand. Lighting in the bathroom was poor.
The a-la-carte booked up early; thankfully I had pre-booked a couple on-line ahead as the buffet was not great. I was unable to book any other a-la-cartes, they were closed or all booked up. I tried several times and didn’t get into La Bamba, the one I was most looking forward to. The buffet was extremely noisy and had limited food choices at dinner unless you like tough pork or beef.
I brought my own cup for the beach bars, as they only give the plastic glasses a quick rinse and then reuse. However, they bartenders would pick up my glass to hand it too on the rim with his dirty hands. Poor food safety practices at the beach bars (other bars were better).
The drinking water situation was a joke. They attempted to be an ‘eco resort’ by providing a glass water bottle to refill using the water stations in the hallways. The water stations were always empty. We asked for bottled water for our room, but they ‘don’t have it’, despite all the VIP people being provided bottled water. We went for a walk to the Oxxo (about 15 mins down the road) to buy bottled water to solve the problem ourselves.
The gym was also a disappointment this visit. Many broken pieces of equipment, pretty much could only use the free weights and treadmill. It felt very unsanitary also. Spray cleaner was provided, but no paper towels to wipe equipment down and towels not provided (they were all dirty in a bin).
There are small steps everywhere that are not well marked. I don’t understand why the resort doesn’t turn the stairs into tiny ramps or slopes. There is a small step leaving the Pergola restaurant patio, and I saw an elderly gentleman fall. Coming out of the theatre, there is another step that is dangerous and I saw a child fall. Be careful where you walk!
Overall, these con’s may not be a problem for many people and the resort is perfect for someone that likes to get up early, get a chair, and sit at the pool or beach all day.
We tried to make the best of our trip, working around the ‘con’s’ and enjoyed ourselves overall, but it had potential to be so much better.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank snorkler

Dear guest,

We truly appreciate your kind comment. Our Food and Beverages Manager will follow up with your comments. We would have loved you came to concierge to offer you a lounge chair in the spot of your preference. Concierge is available from 7am to 11pm, and additionally we have a manager on duty 24/7.
Our Capriccio beach club was built in 2010 and Mai Tai in 2014. These spots were certainly built exclusively for our Vacation Club guests since we consider they should be given a plus for being members, but also still care a lot about our regular and repeat guests of course. They are and always will be very important to us and more lounge chairs have been added for more availability. Mai Tai opens some nights as a Sea food restaurant so they can enjoy a dinner by the ocean.
We would like to explain you that the glasses pass through a special washing process that stars with a prewash, then are washed with soap and a brush, rinsed and finally put into water with chlorine at 50 ppm. It could be possible that you only saw one or two steps of the process. This process is made accordingly to the hygiene standards that Mexican Norms dictate.
Also, we inform you that the hotel's commitment to protect the environment, reduce our plastic waste and supporting the new plastic regulation of not using plastic in the State of Nayarit, we're eliminating the bottles of water in the hotel. Our Rooms Division Manager will verify more often the water dispensers located at every floor. Our Animation Manager will follow up with your observations at the Gym, thanks for addressing this important matter to us.

Reviewed 14 February 2019

Our vacation at this resort was wonderful. Staff was friendly. Especially Josefina and Eduardo in the Grand Lobby Bar. It was a pleasure to talk to them everyday and enjoy some laughs. The resort was clean. Lots of activities were offered to the guests. Several restaurants were available all of which had excellent service and selection of menu items to choose from.

Room tip: All rooms seem to have a great view of either pools or beautiful grounds and gardens.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daphne_ffernandez5, Gerente at Marival Resort & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2019

Dear Linda,

We are truly glad to read you had a wonderful experience with us. Thanks for mentioning our team, as we're proud to be your hosts. We'll keep it up for your next visit.