I stayed here for a week with my husband for the first time.
Let's start with the good things first: The location is great and has wonderful views of the beaches. During the time we went, there weren't too many people at the resort so it didn't feel crowded at all. It's also designated as one of the stops for the "Turibus", a free shuttle bus that takes you to other areas within Nuevo Vallarta. The staff are generally polite and helpful. Within the restaurants, they are attentive and quick. I would say this one has more of a relaxed atmosphere (unlike some of the other rowdy, party-type resorts along the same beach). In that regard, my husband and I loved it.
Now, the bad: We were stuck with a room that seemed decent. The bed coverings and pillow were a little stinky, as if only the covers were cleaned and the actual blankets and pillows were absolutely neglected. We could tell that the covers were clean but when we laid our heads on the pillow, the smell was almost unbearable. Regardless, we slept through the first night. Next morning, we were covered in bed bug bites! We decided to endure it for one more because we wanted to rule out the fact that maybe it was a mosquito or something else. The following night, we were bitten even more and woke up with numerous bites. By this time, we were sure that it was bed bugs. We complained to the front desk and they offered to switch us to a different room. We took the offer. We had all of our clothes (dirty or clean) laundered just in case the bugs came along. Regardless, that night, we were bitten again. We still had several more nights to go so we decided just to endure it. My husband said he heard that bed bugs were common in Mexican resorts and even if they get us to switch to another room for the third time, we will most likely have the same problem. At least this time the pillows didn't smell as bad and we didn't get as much bites but getting ready to sleep every night was the most fearful thing for us. I'm especially terrified of blood-sucking insects and this ruined it for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something Different, Something Better! Welcome to a unique lively beachfront all-inclusive just 10 minutes from Puerto Vallarta airport! Comfortable rooms, special locations- new Mediterranean style Resort Rooms and exceptional 1-3 Bedroom Villa Style Suites starting at 570 sq ft up to 1261 sq ft including Ocean Front. One to Three Bedroom Suites are perfect for families or couples that want to spread out including two story 2 Bedroom Suites and Ocean Front steps from the sea! Romantics and families enjoy endless choices in dining, activities, laying back and relaxing. International all-inclusive dining redefined, award winning chefs offer gourmet dining at 6 restaurants. Treat yourself to 7 bars including swim-up, piano and martini bars. Endless land and water sports- rock climbing wall, activity pool, adults only pool, tennis, disco, evening theater shows, mini-golf and more! Kids waterpark pool, pirate ship, waterslides and fountains. Special kids and teens club programs too. For couples- renew your vows, get married or honeymoon on the beach. For families- the ultimate all-inclusive Family Emotion program with over 10 included extras customized just for your family! Enjoy sea, sun and nonstop fun at Marival Resort and Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Marival Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marival Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Marival Resort And Suites