Really nice, renovated resort and still some work going on (but not intrusive or annoying). Beach is fine and swimming pool excellent. Service and staff all fine and friendly. Some activities daily but mainly a great place to chill out and kick back.
Food I will give a 7 - 8. Buffets were ok (breakfast best). Pass on the sushi but the teppanyaki and Mexican restaurant were very good. Didn't try the Italian restaurant.
Rooms quite nice. Pretty good wifi and cable tv channel selection.
Location very good - decent mall just a few minutes walk away although we didn't go there this time.
Got an amazing deal through Trip Advisor link to Hotels.com
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta is the ideal hotel for families, couples, and friends looking to enjoy a fun vacation on the Pacific shores of Mexico. Recently renovated, Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta has been updated with the latest modern amenities and technology to ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel is situated on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Riviera Nayarit, minutes from the Nuevo Vallarta shopping center and the best stores and restaurants in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Occidental Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Occidental Allegro Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Nuevo Vallarta Occidental Allegro Hotel