We just returned from a fabulous week at the Occidental Grand Neuvo Vallarta. From the first night to our last night, we had nothing but great service and excellent food and drinks in a beautiful setting. It's a relatively small hotel in size and number of rooms and that suits us perfectly.
LOCATION - The hotel is only 20 mins. from the airport, which is a real plus after a 5 hour flight from Toronto The area is attractive and feels safe. It's easy and inexpensive to take a bus to downtown PV. There are numerous tours offered, but we didn't participate, preferring to visit friends in nearby Bucerias and downtown PV.
HOTEL - The huge open air lobby is very impressive upon arrival. We loved the modern decor and openness of the lounge area. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and very well kept, tidy and clean.
ROOM - The rooms have modern, functional decor, with beautiful tiled bathrooms. There is plenty of storage in the closet, drawers and bench. We appreciated the coffee maker and the regularly stocked mini fridge.
POOL - The pool is heated and is a pleasant temperature, since the ocean tends to be cold. It is very well maintained each day and is extremely clean. Love the chairs around the pool - very comfortable.
FOOD - Excelllent! We were impressed with the variety, selection and presentation for all meals at the buffet each day. There were so many good and different things to try and we certainly give it our best effort. Meats and fish were cooked to perfection, salads and vegetables were fresh and creative. We really enjoyed the different themes each night as it was an opportunity to try many different foods. Kudos to the food and beverage manager as well as to the chef and his kitchen and serving staff. They are all doing a terrific job!
DRINKS - We found the house wines to be quite good and we certainly enjoyed our 'cervezas con limon' Por que non! Sandra always made sure we were looked after.
AMBIENCE - I personally enjoyed the choice of background music in the buffet each day. The pool area had great upbeat music for most of the day. The tone of the resort is one of quiet elegance.
The General Manager's weekly cocktail party is a great opportunity to meet the managerial staff. They are very open to any suggestions as to how they can improve and are willing to please in any way they can.
SERVICE - The staff at this hotel have been trained well and are responsive to their guests. We found them all (from bell boys to servers to maids) to be courteous, friendly and efficient. I had read about the level of service here and I was not disappointed. We really appreciated getting to know Edgar, Alejandro, Rigoberto, Manuel, Lionel, Cesar and Sandra. They treated us exceptionally well and they were very good at helping us with our Spanish. We also enjoyed our cappucinos 'to go' each morning.
WHAT MORE CAN I SAY? Nada. I could go on and on but others have said similar things. Jesus, the General Manager, is a class act. He is available, approachable and appreciative.
Our stay at the OGNV met all of our needs in a vacation and it far exceeded our expectations. Well done!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta is the ideal hotel for families, couples, and friends looking to enjoy a fun vacation on the Pacific shores of Mexico. Recently renovated, Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta has been updated with the latest modern amenities and technology to ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel is situated on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Riviera Nayarit, minutes from the Nuevo Vallarta shopping center and the best stores and restaurants in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Occidental Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Occidental Allegro Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Nuevo Vallarta Occidental Allegro Hotel