Here is a list of what makes this hotel top notch:
1. The rooms are newly decorated, no bugs, beds are comfortable, bathrooms are gorgeous and they even have scales to weigh yourself if you feel the need.
2. Food was delicious, we only ate at the buffet as we decided the variety and service were excellant what more could you ask for. The white wine that was served from Brazil was light and good. The Mexican coffe was very good. Manuel our waiter looked after us in the evening and would prepare our speciality drinks. Whoever we had serving us was top notch service.
3. Drinks were made with all top brand names, and the bartenders would go out of their way to make sure you enjoyed what you were drinking.
4. Service was always with a smile whether you tipped or not. No language barrier with the bartenters or waiters or waitresses. Maids had a bit of a problem but that is understandable as they are not dealing with the public continuiously but they would help if they can. I actually went to get an extra towel and the maid had the shower door stall out cleaning it. That is how clean our rooms are; A plus for the rooms.
5. This resort I would recommend for food, service, drinks, and cleanliness.
5. Management was on site making sure everything was running smoothly, hope this continues as it makes a big impact. How often do you get the manager shaking your hand good bye as you leave. Also attend the managers party it was great and the specialty drink they served was amazing.
6. We went with Sunquest, I felt that they are their to help you with your bookings etc. This does not happen all the time as I have travelled with them before but here the service was excellent.
Now on the down side why I only gave it a 4 star has nothing to do with service, food, and the resort. It is the entertainment, I give it a 2, when you watch the shows in the evening it should follow with dancing something that gets everyone up and enjoying the evening. They need local bands to play like Mexican night and everyone dances. The disco does not start till eleven so there is an hour lapse by that time everyone is ready for bed. I would like to mention that during the day time at the pool they play great music not too loud and it is good music oldies, rock etc.
I noticed someone mentioned sewer smell apparently the room beside us did not have the smell but we did on and off I told sunquest and we were moved, no smell in our new room they went out of their way to accomate us, apparently a pipe had broken next door and I could smell it when I went off and on at the street.
If you go say Hi to Roberto as he is an awsome bartender in the lobby, if you order a banna drink it is made with real bannas not often do you get fresh fruit.
Did I miss the balcony, not really I was happy that my bed was comfortable, sheets were clean and if I needed water I went down to the lobby and they got it.
Trip date Jan.27 to Feb 3, 2012.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta is the ideal hotel for families, couples, and friends looking to enjoy a fun vacation on the Pacific shores of Mexico. Recently renovated, Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta has been updated with the latest modern amenities and technology to ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel is situated on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Riviera Nayarit, minutes from the Nuevo Vallarta shopping center and the best stores and restaurants in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Occidental Allegro Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Nuevo Vallarta Occidental Allegro Hotel