“PHENOMENAL place, TERRIFIC service.”

and 1 more site!
Taheima Wellness Resort & Spa
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here through the Living Social deal for 4 nights and 5 days. We booked the private shuttle FROM Taheima to take us from the airport to the resort. When we entered, we couldn't believe our eyes....

BEAUTIFUL, upscale resort with modern touches. The staff was EXTREMELY welcoming, and gave us two mimosa's upon entering! They were delicious, of course, and we were taken to our rooms. The entire resort is extremely beautiful, the infiniti pool will constantly be an eye-catcher, and the location behind El Tigre private golf club is lovely.

The rooms THEMSELVES...also fantastic. King size bed, crispy clean, air conditioned rooms, modern decor in the bathrooms with a glass-door shower, and a balcony overlooking the resort. We couldn't have asked for more. The staff was also very good with cleaning and making sure the room was kept up properly.

The food was ut of this world. Delicious for each meal -- my girlfriend and I couldn't stop saying we were shocked that this type of food was included in our deal! We always tipped each meal due to the fantastic food, and the waiters were ALWAYS great.

Poolside waiters were also great with taking food and drink orders while we seemingly did NOTHING and enjoyed our vacation! They were awesome with their drinks, and the food was terrific too.

My girlfriend and I WERE a SMIDGE skeptical going into this because of one or two reviews, but please trust us...this place is the real deal. One of the BEST, most relaxing vacations we've taken together.

Good work Taheima!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gags1892
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

My husband and I went to the Taheima from March 17th through 24th. We had the absolute best time of our lives! First off the architecture is inspiring and allows for the winds to circulate throughout the whole resort. Everything is open and expansive, evening dining inside doesn’t feel disconnected from the outdoors. We got to know Everyone that works there and they got to know us! The food was excellent and the hospitality was genuine. The only thing I disliked was the horrible Wi-Fi signal, but they did have a business room to get things done if absolutely necessary. I had to take a test for school and they keep it open until midnight for us. The pools are beautiful and relaxing, and the spas were invigorating. We participated in Tezmacal, spirit walk, daily yoga sessions. The breakfast juice is amazing! Try the green juice; it has celery, cactus, kiwi, and much more. I actually lost weight rather than gain it while we were here! If you want to do activities you can...if you want to be lazy by the pool...you can! I can't begin to say how much we love this place! Also the culture is different and the pace is slower, so please leave your expectations of time and preconceptions at home. If you can't do that, then YOU need to stay at home.

Thank you Daniel-Chef for cooking the fish we caught on our expedition. Carlos, Fransisco, Victor, Fernando, Fidel, our receptionist, our wonderful maids, and everyone we didn't name. We love you guys and will be back to see you soon!

Mekesha and Ramon Woodcock!

3  Thank Mekesha P
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I experienced a similar problem of theft, as did AlexManny in a post down below.

I bought a Living Social deal for an all-inclusive 5 day, 4 night stay at the beginning of March, 2012. I can echo what other reviewers have said: the facilities were really beautiful, but the food service was slow. We had several vegetarians in our group, and the waiters or chefs could not understand the concept of vegetarianism and ended up serving us meat on several occasions; at one point, there was ground up meat in the ragu sauce (hard to tell), and one of my friends, who'd never eaten beef in her life, ended up ingesting it all.

What really tainted my experience, however, was that I left the resort without my iPhone (with all of my pictures from my trip on it). I left it charging in the bedroom one day, forgetting to lock it up in the safe (where I'd kept my wallet, laptop, camera). The one day I leave my phone out, it's gone when I check for it at night. The staff insisted that the only person who accessed the room that day was the maid, but they'd never had problems with her in the years that she's worked there and would feel awkward confronting her about it. At first, they sent over a couple hotel representatives to help me search the room, in case I'd left it somewhere absent-mindedly. We turned over the entire room, and it was nowhere to be found. They filed a report, had a meeting with the managers, but were ultimately unable to make additional efforts to track down my phone. The way they handled the situation made ME feel like the guilty party, in having the audacity to accuse a Taheima worker of theft.

My friends and I wondered how Taheima was making any money off of us by offering such a great all-inclusive package deal at such a low price. My 5-day stay cost less than my iPhone. I guess that's how they make up for the low prices.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank sese z
Reviewed 21 March 2012

First off, this is a newer property, built in 2010, so still is being worked on and not complete. It seems they are also working out some of the kinks. Pros: very nice grounds, very quiet and peaceful (no loud music blaring here), pools were large and not crowded, nice spa services, friendly, attentive service, nice rooms, shuttle bus to beach, gym, free yoga classes, free internet. Cons: Service can be very slow, wifi was unreliable, pool service wasn't great (forgotten drink orders, very slow to get things, ran out of towels on several days), not a lot of variety with dining (only 1 restaurant and lunch and breakfast menus didn't change daily dinner did, but limited menu), no bottled water or any beverages in the room.

It feels like this could be a great place to stay, but they aren't quite there yet. Also we paid for the all inclusive fee, and I would say if you drink more than water and like to have an appetizer and/or dessert with your meal its probably worth it. Otherwise based on the prices we saw on the menus you'll end up paying more unless you are eating most of your meals in the room with groceries you buy at the local store. To give an idea, an iced tea is 55 pesos (approx 5.50 usd, breakfast was 180 pesos pp (or about 18 usd pp), a club sandwich on the lunch menu was about 12.00 usd, cocktails were about 7 - 9 dollars. I personally think these prices were way inflated (c'mon a 12 dollar club sandwich?!) my guess is because less people who pay the 80 usd per person per day for the all inclusive will complain when they realize how quickly that would add up if they were eating three meals a day at the restaurant and having drinks by the pool. Overall we had some quibbles but did enjoy the peace and quiet and not feeling like we were in the midst of a crowd all the time which we've felt at other resorts. You just have to decide if the couple of cons are out weighed by the good points or not.

2  Thank John V
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The Taheima was a pleasant surprise. The resort itself was gorgeous. It looks exactly the same if not better in person than it does on the website. Our room was spacious and luxurious, however the view of the golf course from our patio with private pool was not so appealing and would have liked it better if it were heated. We would recommend they add shrubbery or drapes like they had on the cabanas to make the private pools facing the golf course more private. This was also a sentiment we heard from other guest facing the course as they felt golfers could look right into our rooms. The restaurants were all located within the same area. Overall the food was great. It was fresh and there was a a good selection. (The breakfast buffet was probably the best).

All-inclusive includes exactly what they say it does within the resort. It covers both food and drinks (non-alcoholic and alcoholic). At the beach club outside of the resort it only covers food and drinks. You have to purchase your own alcoholic beverages at the beach. We felt they did a great job explaining this to us at check in.

If you want stiffer drinks we would suggest buying your own alcohol. It really varied with who was making them. Some drinks were really good and some not so much.

Nuevo Vallarta vs. Puerto Vallarta. This resort is located about a 45-minute taxi ride outside of downtown Puerto Vallarta, which is where the majority of the nightlight and shopping that some tourist might want (i.e., like we did!). They did not do a great job of explaining this. Nor did they provide any shuttle services to Puerto Vallarta.

Back to the resort…. the service was good. Towards the end of our stay, the maid service seemed to slack a little. We had to request our room to be cleaned, and new towels on our last day. Poolside service is hard to find, as there is only one staff member that primarily stays in the family pool area. Also note the difference in the pools. The “family pool” is heated and the “adult only pool” is ozone regulated (Which means Not Heated, lol).

It was somewhat frustrating the layout of the resort. Walking back and forth towards your room requires you to walk all around the both pool areas. This may seem like a random critique but on several occasions we would joke with other guests about the long walk to get from our rooms to the lobby, bar and restaurants.

The wireless was spotty. Though it was free, I would have paid for better wireless.

The attendant booking excursions was very pleasant and did not hound us into purchasing anything we didn’t want. She offered her suggestions and then let us decide. We booked the Canopy River Tour (Zip line) and Rhythms of the Night. They were both awesome and we appreciated her arranging our taxi transportation to and from the pick up locations.

The Spa is hidden on the third floor among other guest rooms. We are guessing this is temporary though not what you would expect from a “Health and Wellness Resort”. Our massages and facials were relaxing and the staff was professional.

For our fellow GLBT community, the resort and PV in general are accepting and we did not feel uncomfortable as a gay couple. The “Gayborhood” is located deep in downtown PV. Most taxi drivers did not know the names of the bars and clubs we wanted however, they knew the location as the “Gay area.”

Overall experience at the resort was relaxing and fun! Would definitely recommend it .

1  Thank David H