“Wonderful resort with fabulous food”

Taheima Wellness Resort & Spa
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending a week at Tahiema in January. We did get an Internet special through Jetsetter and did not encounter any of the issues that were mentioned on the other reviews. We had a 2 bedroom suite with a plunge pool . The grounds were kept beautifully, and our room had all the needed amenities and was very clean. They offer many services from massages to Yoga classes which is a very nice touch. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and special thanks to Jesus in the restaurant for going out of his way to make it even more special. And now the food . The breakfast and dinners that we had were spectacular geared towards healthy but with no compromise in flavors or presentation. They food rivals the best restaurants we find back in the states.

Thanks again for a wonderful vacation

Charles and Romana

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank CharlieandRo

Reviewed 17 February 2012

The resort was small compared to many others I have been to, but very well kept and extremely clean. The rooms were very spacious with great ammenities in them. The only downside is that the resort was a little too quiet during my stay as there were only 6-8 other families there. If you are looking for a party resort this is not the place for you. But if you are looking for a nice, peaceful retreat than this is exactly what you need.
The food was amazing, especially breakfast and dinner. I would go back just for the meals :-) The main pool was very large and very clean. The resort also offers many fitness classes like yoga and Zumba. We took advantage of three of the classes as they are included in the resort pricing. All in all, I had a wonderful stay at this resort and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Greykl
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I just returned from Taheima Wellness Resort and Spa (2/6/2012). I bought a deal on eversave.com for Taheima Wellness Resort and Spa in Nuevo Vallarta for 3 nights, 4 days all-inclusive and when I arrived there at Taheima Resort, people at reception didn't expecting me at all. Mexico Travel Company that I called to book the vacation per instuctions from Eversave voucher didn't inform Taheima Resort to reserve the room for us or anything. So when I arrived at Taheima, they didn't have any rooms available for me, they only had 2 bedroom at the higher price than what I paid for. I called Mexico Travell Company to talk to them and they were sending me to another resort that was 20 min away from Taheima. I just didn't want to deal with that, I came on 4 days vacation from San Diego, and was looking for relaxation and good time. I requested the refund from Mexico Travel Company and booked 2 bedroom room at Taheima Resort. So, before you go, call hotel directly and make sure they book the room for you, so you don't end up figuring out where to stay when you arrive to Taheima Resort.
Regarding the resort itself, it is good. I have been to a nicer resort in Mexico. They have yoga, zumba, and meditation classes on property which is nice. They also offer massages (US prices). They have a restaurant and bar on the property and if you don't have all-inclusive it is pricey. My boyfriend and I had all-inclusive and usually for dinner our bill would come up to $100. That would include 2 drinks, 2 appetizers, and 2 entrees. The closest convenience store is 20min walking. They have a 2 pools, family (heated) and adult (non-heated). no-one was at adult since it was way too cold, so everyone was using family pool. Our room had its own small pool but water was cold and to clean. Don't pay extra to get that kind of a room, just waste of money! Service at the pool and restaurant is little slow, but when we talked to another guests, I guess it depends from day to day.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jovanar
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I purchased a Living Social all inclusive deal for this resort. I have been trying for weeks to make a reservation. They don't answer their phones or email! For over 2wks now, a message comes on the phone saying their mailbox is full. I left an email message over 1 month ago, no response! I left phone messages, when they were taking them, no response! I have a hard time believing, at this point, that this place is even open for business. BEWARE I would NOT buy any type of coupon deal for this place!! I am extremely frustrated with this resort as well as Living Social who sold me the scam voucher!

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
16  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed at the Taheima from Jan 14 to 21, 2012. We travel to Mexico at least 2 to 3 times a year but this was our first time in the Puerto Vallarta area. My wife and I loved the Taheima resort. It is not a place to stay if you want a party atmosphere, but we were looking for something that was relaxing and I have to say it was one of the most relaxing vacations we have had. First, the food was outstanding, it was the best overall of any resort we have stayed at in Mexico. The afternoon cook, Javier is incredible and our waiter Jesus was fantastic. We did the all inclusive which allowed us to sample just about everything on the menu. At the pool the waiter Leonardo was great, very friendly and attentive. The rooms were large, and clean with a private wading pool. All in all, one of the best vacation we have had.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends