See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 May 2015

I like how many of the other reviews say the Hospedajes del Rey is 'deceptively more-than-acceptable': that was my first reaction when walking in from the street. I was pleased that my 'wow, maybe this will really work as a place to stay during my somewhat whirlwind research trip' turned out to be a good intuition. Will surely stay here again when in Colima.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
monia319, Director de Recepción at Hotel Hospedajes del Rey, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Thank you very much for your opinion, we are working to improve our outside view and our rooms, according with your opinions. We try to make your feel like home. Hope you come back with us and will see the improvements by yourself. Regards

Reviewed 27 February 2015

I have stayed at the del Rey for 2 years for my trips to Colima and found it a nice change to your usual Mexican budget hotels. Starting at 370 pesos for a single, the rooms are clean, semi-modern and nicely done- if you stand the orange curtains. The hotel also has some suites upstairs. One block from Jardin Nunez and the start of the main street shopping district, the location is good. One drawback is the lack of restaurants, although there's a good comida casera carne place just around corner and several breaky spots. The main dining is 5 blocks away at Centro.
Oh, I forgot the pool- it's 1/2 a block away and up a private laneway to a clean well-kept pool who's location ensures you would have all to yourself. Nice.

Room tip: Take a tour- at their rates you're sure to find a good deal
Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

We really apretiate your words, thank your for your nice comments. Even, we are doing improvements to the single rooms, to make your stay more comfortable. More lights, more electric contacts, usb connectors, etc. Hope you come back to check it. Regards <3

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Stayed for 6 nights in August this year. Looked terrible from outside (even my taxi driver wasnt impressed!) and the location appeared to be well out of the town, but looks can be deceiving! Once inside things improved vastly. Very friendly reception and more than happy to let you look at the room before you commit to it, which was just as well as the room that I had booked with just a fan was far too hot for me, even though it was a nice large room and very clean. Had a look at a couple of other rooms and finally settled on room 5 which is a room with aircon on the first floor looking out onto the terrace. Really large room, very clean, great aircon, big comfortable bed (2 x double beds), clean bathroom with plenty of hot water and a good shower. he room was nicely decorated and in a good condition. All four rooms that look out on to the terrace appear to be similar and I would def recomend these rooms.
The hotel has a nice pool area with attached restaurant/bar but it is a 3 minute walk away over a road which put me off using it..would be great if you were travelling with children though.
My initial thoughts on the hotels position were unfounded as it was just a 2 minute walk away from the Park Nunez and about 7 minutes walk for the main square.
Overall a nice hotel at a good price in a good position. Would def stay here again

Date of stay: August 2012
5  Thank paulpnd
Reviewed 9 July 2012

especially if you "splurge" for the suite. (Still only about 42$). We showed up with a recommendation from Rough Guide and we first took a really small box of a room on the first floor. Way too hot and stuffy so the next morning we paid for the suite, with a little patio and were very happy. Got the room on the photo. Nice big bed too.
I though the location was good, only one block from a sweet little plaza (jardin) and a couple more to the main plaza.
The pool for this hotel is quite charming, but a block away which made it not too appealing after all. But a lovely place to have cafe and tea!

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank anne t
Reviewed 29 April 2012

this place is clean and comfortable and quiet. Nice people, too. Not de lujo just nice. Excellent value.

Room tip: longish walk to the jardin principal
Date of stay: March 2012