“Our stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Mesa, Arizona
“Our stay”
Reviewed 18 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

Great. Cant use fan in bedroom with light off and no wash cloths or hand towels. 2 pods laundry soap and dishwAsher soap not enough. Otherwise famtastic

Jane P
“Great”
Reviewed 5 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Hotel location was great, right by the ocean. We enjoyed beach. Rooms were clean and the view was auesom.

Maria a
“Great”
Reviewed 26 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Our condo was great it was everything that we expected and more Very comfortable and everything we needed was there

patricias...
Mesa, Arizona
“Vacay”
Reviewed 4 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

Very nice had great time. Twin beds short. Furnishings very nice. Sand could be softer. Jacuzzi doesnt work very well but still relaxing. Pool not heated unable to use. Beautiful view

Management Response
6 Feb 2017
Thanks for staying at our Penthouse - So glad to hear you had a great time! The twin beds are definitley regular twins and not XL, which typically works okay for kids. And although we can't do anything about the sand, the softness does change dramatically with the tide so that is a big factor :) Thanks again and we hope you visit again! Best wishes!
tikibrumm...
Arizona
“No working hot tub or jacuzzi jets but lovely location”
Reviewed 5 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Pros -
1. Lovely location with AMAZING views from 2 balconies and 4 windows. Breathtaking.
2. Walking distance to the beach, all but 1 great staff, helpful and friendly staff at the desk and at the gate.
3. Felt safe and secure.
4. Lovely tile.
5. Easy to book, pay, locate, and check in/out.
6. Nice kitchen (quirky appliances but great once deciphered). Very good being able to cook the fresh seafood from the fish market and other finds.
7. Great location - close to restaurants, some shopping, and 2 great fruit drink stands.
8. We were there over New Year's and staff made an effort to make sure we had everything we needed during the times the office was closed (extra towels and soaps). Very nice.
Cons -
1. Owner should have contacted us that the hot tub (primary reason we chose this rather than another rental) doesn't work. Neither does the jetted tub. Staff shared that the hot tub had been broken "For a very long time" and we booked (and prepaid) almost a year in advance. We should have been contacted and offered to switch or to have some compensation (a bottle of wine or a coupon for coffee - some attempt).
2. None of the pools are heated - only the one hot tub and that is not very hot. We attempted to take my 5 year-old swimming in the pool on a warmER day, but the water was colder than the air. Tried to let her warmed back up in the hot tub (really just a warm tub) and security was there in 4 minutes saying that she couldn't be in there (which I get because it's a rule) but then telling me (her mother) that "It's not good for her anyway." The hot tub was nowhere near hot enough to deregulate her temperature, she was in for a few minutes to warm up after being cold in the pool (much more of a stress on a system than a warm bath), and in any case that man should NEVER presume to tell a mother/father what is or isn't good for their child. Hot tubs and kids not being a good mix is an exaggeration based on small bodies (regardless of their age) being in water too hot OR too cold for too long. Seriously exaggerated. SO - tell me it's a rule, but then shrug and leave. We were out of the hot tub (exited when the height restriction was pointed out) before he told me the rest of his opinion. Pools at the next door hotel are heated.
3. Wifi pretty poor on the 5th floor and in any wind at all. We rarely got connection outside the lobby.
4. Friday night is apparently live band night across the street and it is VERYLOUD rather late for families. The rooms on the street side of the condo were intolerably loud and we all had trouble getting to sleep. It was actually louder the Friday night than it was on New Years' Eve! Oh, and the lady/band (who shall remain nameless) should not have been singing half of the songs she attempted. Really bad. (Not the owner's fault but worth noting).
We would rent again but would put the no-sleep Friday at the beginning (rather than the end) of the trip, I would put my daughter in tall swmmie shoes (lifts?) so she can get in the only water warm enough to get in (or also get a day at the neighboring hotel with the heated pool but not as nice as the condo).

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Views were breathtaking. Location great.
Liked least: No heated pool and serious hot tub restrictions. Very poor wifi.
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
22 Jan 2016
Hi Tiki - Thanks for the review! Overall I'm glad that you and your family had a great trip and enjoyed the penthouse. I apprecaite your feedback and wanted to follow up on the upstairs jacuzzi. I truly apologize that it wasn't repaired before your arrival but it was my understanding that it was going to be addressed prior to the holidays. Apparantly some lines got crossed and it wasn't repaired until after your departure. No excuse nonethless, but I wanted to let you know that it has been repaired at this time and I'd like to extend a special offer for you and your family to return on another trip. I just returned from Rocky Point myself and took down brand new patio furniture for the upstairs deck, new dishes, more artwork, and other items to make the penthouse even better! As for some of your other cons, I would definitley recommend considering another time of year to visit when it's warmer and less busy. And finally, I'm very sorry to hear you had a bad encounter with security. Personally, I don't think it's an appropriate part of your review since it seems like a more personal encounter, but I wanted to let you know that I've e-mailed management about the situation so that they are aware of how you felt. Thank you again for staying at the penthouse, you're welcome back anytime and I hope that you'll take me up on my offer. Best wishes!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing