Sonoran Sun Resort
Playa Bonita Hotel(Puerto Penasco)
US$ 150
Penasco Del Sol Hotel(Puerto Penasco)(Great Value!)
US$ 179
US$ 139
Playa Azul(Puerto Penasco)
  • Pool
Dream Weaver Inn(Puerto Penasco)
Hospedaje Mulege(Puerto Penasco)
TripAdvisor
Princesa de Penasco(Puerto Penasco)
TripAdvisor
Inn At San Luis(Puerto Penasco)
Bella Sirena(Puerto Penasco)
TripAdvisor
Luna Blanca Resort(Puerto Penasco)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsswim up barsandy beachwrap around deckrocky pointliving roomnice chairsmare blua small convenience storeshort drive into townwater jugrefundable depositfeeling of safetysecure parking lotocean viewpaper towelslittle bit of everythingcorner unit
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We were down here in Sept. of 2011 for 6 days and this was a nice little get away from AZ. The weather was great and the hotel grounds were nicely kept up. The rooms were very spacious and clean. I like to cook and the kitchen was great. It had plenty of room to move around and all that I needed to create some great dinners. The pool was a little warm for my taste but all and all was just fine do to the great Pool Bars staff, the bar tender was awesome and the chef made some pretty good food. I would say if you don't like all of the "hoopla" and $$$ of a major resort and just want to get away for a bit, then this is the place for you. I will be going back for sure and would recommend this resort.

Constant Vacationer

Room Tip: Stayed on top floor and that is where I will stay again. Great view
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bigpat77
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Went to this location for my wedding. Room was great, service was good.... Found out that my little brother was threatened by security,,, and they extorted 100$ from him. On my wedding night! When I spoke with the front desk,, they were unconcerned. With this experience, I would recommend that you consider others, when looking for a place to vacation in rocky point.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Eddie M
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We rented unit 807 SW June 6, 2011. There were 3 of us and we had plenty of room in this 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo. Each unit is individually owned,so decor differs but not the lay out of the condo. A few difference but not much.
The location right on Sandy beach is the best! The view from the condo is spectacular as well as the sunsets on the beach.
Each of the bedrooms had a King bed and TV. The TV in the living room was large. There is a sofa that makes into a bed in the living room. The kitchen is well appointed. There is a hair dryer in each bathroom,although you have to hold button on to use.
The pool had the most sand in it that I had ever seen,the pool cleaning "guys" were not really getting any of it swept up.
The restaurant on site was open sporadically. The pool bar was open and had a great Happy Hr. two times per day and food.
Love this location on the beach, decor, and the owners really take pride in this unit. We would stay here again.
Could only get the computer to work hooked up to the router,could not get my computer to accept the wireless code.

Reviewed 25 June 2011

For the 3rd time this year the pool police have ruined anther stay at this nice resort.They have taken the pins out of the umbrellas to stop you using them. If you do get one and the breeze is over 2mph you will be force to put it down.
If you have children do not go here, they will burn up with no shade.

2  Thank mesa31
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We went down to Rocky Point this past weekend for the RCPM concert and stayed at the Sun for the first time. It was great! We had seen pictures of the condo online but just were worried it wouldn't be quite the same and it was. The grounds were very clean and beautiful, the condo was perfect and the staff were all very nice and helpful. We stayed in room SE208 and everything was comfy and just right. We will definitely be visiting the Sun on future trips!

Room Tip: check seasidereservations to get pics of the condo