“EXCELLENT BREAKFAST OFFERINGS! ESPRESSO & HOT COCOA GREAT!”

Giuseppi's Espresso
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Voted the "Best Breakfast in Puerto Penasco 2014". Located on Blvd. Fremont #158 Giuseppi's Restaurant is just what you want! Serving breakfast and coffee at 8am. Yes, we have all the espresso drinks you like. Come alone or bring a friend. Eggs, bacon, bagels and more. A perfect start before a day at the shore. Wireless internet and pizzelle's abound. Bring your computer and lounge around. Come check it out and you will soon see Giuseppi's is the place for you to be! A relaxing atmosphere serving comfort foods at reasonable prices.
Reviewed 2 January 2017

My husband I do not usually eat breakfast out of our condo but this was our last morning and we planned to have a nice hot breakfast. Thanks to Tripadvisor travelers, we chose Giuseppi's. It is along Fremont Blvd a main road with parking on the street in front and next door at the "Zumba" studio. On our visit there was lots of standing water left by the heavy rains the day before but parking was still not a problem but did have to skirt around large pools. The staff told us it was much worse yesterday. Since we had not been there before we looked over the menu and were amazed by the offerings. We were greeted warmly by the man behind the counter and was at our table with menus and to take our drink order. There was a special menu for the day and the offerings were enough for us. However, the regular menu had lots of breakfast plus lunch. There was a sign on the wall in front letting guests know they were giving 19 pecos per dollar which was only one below the published amount when we were there. We did not think that was a "ripoff". The prices were very reasonable and when our meals arrived .... they were more than reasonable. My husband had the ham and cheese omelet which came with home fries, his coffee and toast. I ordered the house-made waffle with bacon in the batter which came with a bowl of fresh fruit and two eggs any style. Wow...delicious and way more than I could eat. The waffle was light and had lots of real bacon in the batter. The chef makes your order in the kitchen and presents them on warm plates. Omelet made just as my husband loved. We could find nothing to complain about on this visit and would definitely return when visiting Puerto Penasco in the future!!! Wonderful little place which does have outside seating but to chilly today. Thanks to the chef and the friendly front man!

1  Thank creekertraveller
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

Let me first say that the exchange rate is being used by a number of restaurants to make super-normal profits. This is one of them. I ate there today, and the rate was 19 pesos to the dollar!!. The place was empty at 2:00pm (prime time)....I was the only patron (not a good sign). Yet I read such glowing comments on Trip Advisor who I guess don't understand that 20.5 pesos (now) to the dollar should make Mexico a bargain, well not in Puerto Penasco. I presume this restaurant makes $$ in the high season, while many others manage well even in the low season. At a to be reviewed later fish restaurant on the Malecom, a fish taco in US money was $2, and was 23 pesos on the Spanish language menu that my wife asked for. THATS ALMOST 50% less on the Mexican menu.

Back to this restaurant. The pastrami sandwich has been touted as the 'best' was mediocre. Not much pastrami, a small slice of pickle and spicy fries (I think). This was a lunch special for $7 IN MEXICO. Regular price was $8 or $9 which are USA prices for a lunch sandwich. I spoke to the manager or owner who was American (I dare say no Italian works at this place), and her attitude was the price exchange rate to pesos 'is what it is)...paraphrased. I decided to take home the fish special to my wife, to give the food assessment another chance. The battered fried flounder was so-so, and not to be ordered again. As such, I cannot recommend this restaurant for value for what you get and food quality. I will personally never return just on the basis of their taking advantage of a peso paying customer. I will be reviewing a great competitor with prices almost 1/2 this restaurant and the food is EXCELLENT. In closing, I do not recommend this restaurant for food quality or food value. I suggest the 'super positive' reviewers check out some really outstanding restaurants in Puerto Penasco for excellent breakfast and lunch at reasonable prices.

1  Thank Ron I
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

This is a clean and friendly restaurant. Coffee drinks are excellent and the food is yummy. Prices are reasonable and there are many choices available.

1  Thank Sharon P
Reviewed 6 April 2016

We ordered a frittata and huevos rancheros and they were great. I've had frittatas that are a little thicker and fluffier, but the taste was wonderful. The huevos rancheros were also great. VERY NICE little restaurant for breakfast or lunch, but no dinner. Cute little courtyard to enjoy the meal in, EXCEPT with the Zomba class is in session next door.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

For my money, this is the best place in town for breakfast or lunch. The food is expertly prepared and very tasty. The service is friendly and efficient, and the setting is peaceful. There is a small courtyard with plashing fountain and comfortable chairs and the wifi is just as strong outside as it is inside. The food is homemade and satisfying. I recommend the Reuben sandwich especially and the breakfast burritos (served with fresh fruit), but everything I have tried here is good--they even have bagels! The coffee is also excellent and is refilled without your having to ask. Prices are competitive (2 breakfast burritos, with fruit and special salsa plus coffee, all for only 80 pesos!) And if you want a relaxing atmosphere, away from the noisy sound systems and chatter of most tourist places, this is the best choice. The music is calming (today there was a lot of Dean Martin) and no one is rushing to finish your meal and move on.

1  Thank Matthew S