“Umm...are those pictures current???”
Review of Hotel Colonial

Hotel Colonial
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Hermosillo
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

First of all, trying to find an entrance to this place is a nightmare at night.
The reception area leads you to believe you are at a pretty nice place. Once you get to the room, things change in a hurry.
Our room overlooked a ball field. Luckily the AC drowned out the noise.
The carpet was in need of repair - wore my flip flops everywhere.
Beds were pretty firm...I think the floor would have been squishier.
There was some type of voodoo art on the wall next to the beds...probably would have been a ritual performed had any of us been virgins.
Bathroom faucet had two laser beams for water streams.
Shower wasn't that bad.
Bottom line, don't believe the pictures you see on-line.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Faustino G, Gerente at Hotel Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear Tim C
Thanks for your feed back, we appreciate doing business with you.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

The Colonial is large commercial style hotel. There were several tour buses there when we arrived. The room was clean, but nothing special. The grounds large but with dying grass. Both the receptionist and housekeeper who was finishing up cleaning our room were very pleasant and helpful. The charge for our dog was the equivelent of $20.00 US.
The restaurant did not have meat, shrimp or fish dishes available when we tried to go there for dinner. Continental breakfast very minimal. We will look elsewhere next time.

Stayed: May 2017
Faustino G, Gerente at Hotel Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Dear Suztamasopo:

We really appreciate having you at home. We are very sorry if you did not find all you need. We are taking note so that we can fix the problem in the nerar future.
As you mentioned, we are pet friendly and the charge is for the cleaning so the coming guest can find the room clean.

We would love to have you again at home.

FGG

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I was traveling through from Sayulita, Nayarit to Nogales,Arizona and needed a place to stay in Hermosillo. I was travelling with my two dogs. Finding places that are pet friendly is always a challenge. The Hotel Colonial in Hermosillo says they are pet friendly on their website. I went ahead and made a booking through their booking site. I wrote on my reservation request that I had " two well behaved dogs ". Upon checking in, I asked the clerk if she spoke English. She said no. My Spanish is very poor so we did not converse much. As soon as I was settled in my room, I took the dogs for a long overdue walk. Upon returning to my room, my key no longer worked on the door. A customer service agent came to see me and explained that I had not let them know that I had dogs. I brought up my email and she said that I hadn't been charged for having pets. She left to the front desk to confer with colleagues and returned with my booking reservation with my request regarding the dogs. She said that the two dogs would be $700 pesos ( the cost of the room itself) . I paid the extra pesos as I was in need of the room. The front desk person I dealt with was Lupita. She was very professional and I have no issue with this. I felt that perhaps they should have read the reservation I had made online before locking me out of the room. The room itself was adequate but worn. It did leave a bad taste for me and I doubt I will return.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Faustino G, Gerente at Hotel Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear Effie B, as the website says, we are pet friendly, however , in the room just could stay one dog. this is policy is for comfort reasons of our other guests as well as yours.
We appreciated you have stayed at our hotel, it would be better if you mention before you book the number of pets, in order to see if they are allowed or not.

We would love to see you again, and we are very sorry for the inconvinience made.

FGG

Reviewed 8 March 2017

This is a basic hotel. The staff are very accommodating. The room was clean although the bathroom floor could use a scrubbing and the tub drained slowly while showering. Our group was a working group of people with long hours and unfortunately many of us were on the baseball diamond side with the best loudspeaker system ever! This made sleeping a challenge until the games ended at midnight. If you can, request a quiet room to prevent this. I would definitely stay here again when our group returns to continue its eye care work. Wifi worked well in lobby but intermittently in rooms farther from server.

Room Tip: Try to avoid spring break. Many young people smoking outside rooms and unaware of the need for quiet...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Faustino G, Gerente at Hotel Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2017

Dear guest, we appreciate all the comments you left, these comments encorage us to deliver a better service every day.

We would love to see you again en esta su casa fuera de casa

Reviewed 19 September 2016

On the pro side, the room was clean, but not immaculate and the staff was helpful. The hotel was located across from the ballpark, but I did hear the noise. As a critique of the hotel, it was "tired" with wallpaper patched, no hot water in the shower, and woodwork in the room needed touch-ups. (Other reviews indicated that there was no hot water, so it must be a re-occurring problem). In the bath, the corners around the tub were not very clean. In the extensive traveling that I have done, never have I had a hotel room with nothing but a well-worn sheet....there was no blanket other than the bedspread, that I would question whether it was washed between guests. I went out to the car to get something to lie across the bed. We ate in the restaurant. Even though the menu was extensive, there were limited items available. I would never eat there again...we even skipped breakfast, other than the coffee

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Faustino G, Gerente at Hotel Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Dear costumer, we really appreciate all the comments youhave left. We feel very sorry for not excceding your expectations this time. All the time there is hot water in the room. I wil check why you did not get hot water. I am sure this was a particular problem of your room at the time of your stay. About the other comments we are going to work on them and fixed right away.

We invite you to come back any time you like.