See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 March 2016

I have stayed here before and the room was a double, maybe that is what I should of done again. But this time asked for a single room. My personal opinion is that the room that was given to me for the night was not ready to be rented. Granted the person in the office asked if I wanted another room...should of took him up on offer. This particular room had a five foot crack in the shower, refrigerator did not work - control was broken, the little coffee machine had no pot plus was not offered any coffee for machine in the first place. Suggestion: get rid of the coffee machine if you are not going to offer guest the little coffee packets that go with it. There was more, but not going to bore you. Gave the list in the morning to the person in office. Also, the bed was extremely hard. So if you like hard bed's this is the place to be. The single rooms are close to road, so you do some what hear the traffic. Like I said the last time I stayed here four years ago stayed in a double room. That is what I would do again "if" I stay here again. The breakfast buffet was not what I thought it would be. Again last time I stayed here you could order something and have it brought to the table. If your going to have a buffet, get someone in the kitchen that knows what they are doing. OK, done badgering - if you stay here do not get the single rooms, get into the middle of the property and you will not hear the noise from the street. The rooms are big regardless if single or double.

Room Tip: "Do not get a single room, get rooms on the interior of the property"
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Stopped here on drive north from Sayulita. Easy to find but too far from town. No where to eat except hotel buffet which was really awful. No one else in restaurant. Dogs were allowed but not one blade of grass for their comfort. Neighborhood industrial & not particularly comfortable for walking dogs. Easy in/out for driving into or out of Mexico. Room very clean, shower great! Towels & Kleenex could be improved!

Room Tip: Back off street so big rigs can't be heard
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times on our annual drive to Mazatlan from California. The rooms are large and clean and the parking lot is secure. Several times there have also been 30 to 50 Federal police also staying there, you don't get more secure than that. The onsite restaurant has a decent buffet at a reasonable price. You can also order off the menu if desired. Request a room away from the banquet room and the street for extra quiet. All in all a great stop for the weary traveler who wants a clean room and a decent meal without any hassle.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Martin K
Reviewed 6 May 2011

We stayed here with our dog in April. The hotel was very clean, the room was spacious and comfortable, the staff very friendly and they let us keep our dog with us in the room. Their restaurant on the premises is good as well but I'd avoid the buffet and order off the menu. We were traveling through to San Diego and the hotel is conveniently located on the highway through town but the rooms are back from the highway enough that we had no road noise. The parking was in front of the room and secure.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nan N
Reviewed 20 June 2010

My girlfriend and I have spent about 10 weeks altogether driving in Mexico over the course of three roadtrips. We've driven through every state, and as anybody who has done the same can tell you, hotels can vary quite a bit. The price for hotel San Martin is average--we paid 500 pesos--but the property is not. Our room was quite large with marble floors, a beautiful bathroom, and lots of furniture. The shower was amazing, the A/C was quiet, everything was clean, and they have free wifi in the rooms. The property itself is well laid out with private parking (and a guard!) inside a large courtyard around which the rooms are arrayed. The restaurant is a buffet with okay food (we were quite happy for only 90 pesos each, dinner time). It is open 24 hours. There is also a pool with a jazcuzzi, but just like every hotel pool in Mexico you'll have to put up with swarms of kids. The location of the hotel is amazing if you're just travelling through Hermosillo: it's literally on the side of highway 15. The downside to this is that road noise is audible, but not so bad that it is bothersome. It can barely be heard over the AC. Overall, we got way more than expected for our money and would gladly stay again.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple