See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 March 2017

wow ,very accommodating,and friendly owner. Ceiro (the owner) even made a temporary ramp for me to drive my motorcycle into the courtyard so i could park my bike by my room .no cafe but lots nearby ,also grocery store and bank close. he also does guiding to caves with paintings. clean and has a pool .

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2017

Dank, dark and frigid. Staff surly and not willing to serve. Noisy cock fights next door until 3am. Web page said room price 350 pesos, but we had to pay 550 pesos because the Web page was "old information." Do not stay here!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Loved our stay in Mulege because of this hotel. The pool was super clean and very refreshing!!! We had a room with 3 beds and we had a choice of several rooms. The courtyard is lovely and the staff extremely helpful. I would definitely stay there again. The wifi works great in the room, by the pool, everywhere on the property. No hot water problems and the air conditioning worked great.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 12 October 2016

. . .Once again we stayed at La Hacienda Hotel while in Mulege & Ciro Cuesta does a good friendly job with the hotel; Clean room, clean pool, clean & relaxing airy large enclosed courtyard with lots of vegetation. . .Walking distance to all the eateries & shopping in town. . .VERY reasonable rates!!!!!. . .Only been here about 20 time. . .

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2016

Not accessible on line on the usual booking agencies, the Hacienda is nevertheless good value (M$350/night, about £15 or US$22) in what can be an expensive part of Mexico. I don't know why it was nearly empty when I was there; maybe everybody had given up on culture and migrated to Los Cabos, which would be a problem for those in the tourist business. It has a lovely patio about the size of football pitch, but more suitable for relaxing in a rocking chair (although the swimming pool was out of action when I was there). The management are friendly and get your morning started with coffee.

In the town, posters are up for various cultural events and there is sometimes live music at El Candil. Out of town, if you're into cacti you're in for a wonderfully prickly time!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo