National History Park - Citadel, Sans Souci, Ramiers
Review Highlights
A must see

This place is majestical! This is my second time going there. Each time I learn something new... read more

Reviewed 28 August 2018
Odyssey143784
via mobile
The Palace is awesome!!

We visited in March and the place is RICH in history and BEAUTY!!! The guide was wonderful and very... read more

Reviewed 6 April 2018
carmeltotal
Atlanta, Georgia
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Nord Department
from US$ 95.00
More Info
All reviews tour guide sans souci amazing site cap sites beauty hike caribbean labadee sadrac
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Citadel in Cap-Haitien, is a nice, beautiful, Historical site to experience and learn about. I am glad i visited. I will go again.

Date of experience: December 2015
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

A most excellent adventure with Guide Sadrac Guerier 011 509 37187966
Bus to Cap
Hotel Master.
The walk and tour of the Citadel is one of my life adventures that I will never forget.
The Guide will give you a History lesson.. The tragedy of Slavery and Haitis struggle for freedom.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Drive to Milot or take a taxi. You can pay U.S. cash and for the entrance at the tourism booth (they also speak English at the tourism booth). I think I paid around $60USD for 4 people including the tour guide. Get a horse ( approx $15 US, moto, or drive up to the Citadel. It is very steep, unless you are accustomed to hiking. It is also very,very hot bring water, sunscreen. There is also a coconut guy so you can get a coconut.Be prepared to also tip the people who walk with the horse.

They are also building a museum inside the Citadel yay!

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 28 June 2016

This was such a pleasant surprise. Totally unexpected and totally blown away! Even the pictures I had seen did not seem to do it justice as for being there in person. It was a jewel of a find in the Caribbean. A Must See!

Date of experience: March 2016
1  Thank Happy H
Reviewed 12 April 2016

I've read a lot about Sans Souci Palace and I'm glad I went!
Hired a local guide. It was helpful but not indispensable.
The old man ended up asking five times more than he initially asked for. I gave him the initial price we initially agreed on.
Beatiful part of Haitien's history!

Date of experience: March 2016