Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Citadel in Cap-Haitien, is a nice, beautiful, Historical site to experience and learn about. I am glad i visited. I will go again.

All reviews

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

A most excellent adventure with Guide Sadrac Guerier 011 509 37187966
Bus to Cap
Hotel Master.
The walk and tour of the Citadel is one of my life adventures that I will never forget.
The Guide will give you a History lesson.. The tragedy of Slavery and Haitis struggle for freedom.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Drive to Milot or take a taxi. You can pay U.S. cash and for the entrance at the tourism booth (they also speak English at the tourism booth). I think I paid around $60USD for 4 people including the tour guide. Get a horse ( approx $15 US, moto, or drive up to the Citadel. It is very steep, unless you are accustomed to hiking. It is also very,very hot bring water, sunscreen. There is also a coconut guy so you can get a coconut.Be prepared to also tip the people who walk with the horse.

They are also building a museum inside the Citadel yay!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

This was such a pleasant surprise. Totally unexpected and totally blown away! Even the pictures I had seen did not seem to do it justice as for being there in person. It was a jewel of a find in the Caribbean. A Must See!

1  Thank Happy H
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 April 2016

I've read a lot about Sans Souci Palace and I'm glad I went!
Hired a local guide. It was helpful but not indispensable.
The old man ended up asking five times more than he initially asked for. I gave him the initial price we initially agreed on.
Beatiful part of Haitien's history!

1  Thank Philippe M