“Truly a vacation in Paradise!”
Riviera Maya Haciendas, Villa Nautica - Swimming Pool, Terrace, Chaises Lounges, Beachside
Check Availability
Riviera Maya Haciendas, Villa Nautica - Dining room
Riviera Maya Haciendas, Villa Nautica - Gourmet Kitchen
Riviera Maya Haciendas, Villa Nautica - Gourmet Kitchen
Riviera Maya Haciendas, Villa Nautica - Living Room With Satellite TV
Riviera Maya Haciendas, Villa Nautica - Master  Bedroom with Jacuzzi & Ocean View
Riviera Maya Haciendas, Villa Nautica - The Bar of The Roof Top & the Amazing View
Riviera Maya Haciendas, Villa Nautica - The View of The Roof Top
Riviera Maya Haciendas, Villa Nautica - The View of The Roof Top
Riviera Maya Haciendas, Villa Nautica - Entrance Main Villa
Riviera Maya Haciendas, Villa Nautica - The Beach of Puerto Aventuras
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Q5266RCja...
Irving, Texas
“Truly a vacation in Paradise!”
Reviewed 6 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Villa Nautica in beautiful Riviera Maya Puerto Adventuras, was the perfect vacation place. The Villa is outstanding with specious accommodations we were a party of 7 (4 adults and 3 teenagers) and there was something for everyone to enjoy. Swimming and Sunbathing around the infinity pool or walking out to the beach which is only a few steps away. We felt right a home with their staff Lucia and Sergio waking up in the morning to smell of fresh coffee and breakfast of Huevos Rancheros life couldn't get much better than that!
If you are looking for a relaxing vacation in a spectacular place then I HIGHLY recommend VILLA NAUTICA!

Management Response
7 Jun 2018
Jackie,
A million thanks for your extremely kind feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of a return visit one day.
Riviera Maya Haciendas
Donna M
“Very Disappointing Vacation”
Reviewed 6 May 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

Beautiful house. Great location. But many problems. Began with no concierge to welcome us and give help/get us settled. No promised welcome basket with fruits, snacks and champagne. No promised light lunch. Instead, off-duty staff (Sergio), was assigned to show us around, however, had minimal English speaking skills. When asked if concierge would come back today, he said, no. Next day. Walked through front door and were immediately hit with a strong musty smell. It was all over the house. In bedroom with no balcony, window shade wouldn't roll up; broken. Asked staff if he could fix it, and he said yes. At rooftop bar, noticed no water when we opened the sink faucet. Other than that, the tour was quick, as he was off duty and family was waiting for him. OK. Found card from Cynthia, our concierge, with her number and the # of the office. Tried both, and never got a connection. So, no info about where to shop for best food, etc. Next day, Cynthia showed up around 10. Nice person. Still having phone issues and unable to contact her. Thought we had worked out texting to communicate, but.... She spoke broken English, though we were able to get good info from her for an hour. Asked about musty smell...She acted surprised or confused. Told us it might be because the AC had been turned off and would probably clear up soon. -- It never did. Despite our efforts simmering oils, etc, we had to put up with the smell all week. Also asked where the staff lived. Seemed like they were close by because they were always around. Cynthia said, "Across the street". They actually lived in the Villa, as we figured out ourselves, a day or 2 later.
Then she left and we went shopping. Had more concerns about house and tried texting Cynthia. No response. Still had no luck phoning her or the office. When we got home, Lucia (our maid/cleaning person) had made us a wonderful snack of guacamole dip and salsa with chips. Though she spoke little English, she understood us pretty well, but there were still gaps in communicating. When asked how I could contact her she said, "Call". I told her we didn't have her number. And she said, "No, Cynthia." I explained we tried and couldn't get her by phone. She had no way to help us with that.
As days progressed, we had trouble with replenishing drinking water, which was stored in locked areas. Getting Cynthia to answer us by phone/text was impossible. Finally phoned our booking agent in New York when I was anxious about many things. She asked what number I was calling in Mexico and then asked if we were dialing 011 ahead of the number. We weren't, cause we weren't told we needed to!! Anyway, Kim Palmer in New York was the only person who seemed to really be concerned that we had issues in this house. It wasn't her job, but she did what she could to help from there. There were broken items all over the house and grounds. We asked a couple of times for the shade to be fixed and were always promised it would be, but it never was. My brother had no view of that beautiful ocean out his window. (Cynthia was told about the shade, too, from the beginning.) Two days in, his toilet flusher broke and he had no way to flush. Luckily, the previous day Lucia finally showed us where their apartment was when I asked her. So we knocked on the door and got Sergio to come and fix the toilet. And bring us more water, which was running low. So he fixed the toilet, but It broke again next day. Let him know and he fixed it a second time. But my brother could tell by how loose it was that it was just going to happen again. So he stopped using his toilet and now had use the one in the bedroom adjacent to his. There was a shower at the beach but the shower head didn't work. My son went to use the kayak and only could find one broken paddle, so couldn't kayak. Then he blew up a floatie for the pool. Soon to find that there was a hole in it and it was deflating. It was the only floatie. Our Jacuzzi was empty when we arrived. (Nothing like the pictures we had seen that showed it full with flowers floating in the water.) So I asked if THAT worked. Sergio said yes. So I filled it, sat in it and turned on the jets. FINALLY. Something worked when I really wanted it to. Only a minute later, all my hopes were dashed when I began to see big ants crawling around the top outside edges and wondered where they came from. Soon found out when I looked in the water to find about a hundred of them in there with me scrambling to get out, like I did. Apparently they had built a nest inside the jets. We saw eggs in with the ants when we turned off the jets. It was awful, to put it mildly. When we asked how long it had been since anyone used the jacuzzi, we were told kids were in it the week before. Couldn't imagine that to be true, but Sergio insisted. The cooks we arranged to have come for breakfast were terrific. Fixed us a great meal ! No English, but we worked well with them by pointing to things and saying, "omelette". That was Friday. On Saturday we hadn't planned to go anywhere, so when Cynthia asked if we still wanted them to come at 8 am we said, no, have them come at 9 o'clock instead. Since Saturday was the house staff's day off, the cooks from the previous day weren't working. They would send someone else. OK. I was awakened Saturday morning to noises in the kitchen. Got up to check the time and saw it was 6:30. When I looked out I saw my brother in the kitchen and at first thought he was making breakfast for himself. But then I saw 2 figures moving around behind him. Our cooks had arrived! Not only were they 2 1/2 hours early, but they were already cooking our food without ever asking what we might like them to cook. I approached my brother to remark on how early they were and he said, "They made 2 half pots of coffee...but they didn't use filters" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And there were plenty of filters there for them. He brought it to their attention and they smiled at him and nodded. But they left that sludge in the pots and never re-made the coffee for us. Communicating with these two ladies was impossible. They also burned the bacon and some chorizo they found, and the omelettes were under-cooked. There were other things, too. Small but irritating things, like a large pot I needed to use to cook pasta had only 1 handle. (Cooks for dinner were an extra charge, so we cooked our own dinners.) So once it was cooked, I couldn't carry a hot pot to the sink with only 1 handle. Instead we were forced to scoop it out wet from the pot to our plates. There was an elaborate blender for making smoothies that had a spot on top for putting ice for crushing. Pretty nice. But - missing an essential piece of that part. So no crushed ice. There's a palapa on the beach with 2 broken seats - couldn't sit on them. The dish washer was broken. There were a few lights that we couldn't get to turn on no matter what switches we flipped. And couldn't figure out how to get one of the ceiling fans in the living/dining room area to come on. Didn't really need it for air, but would have been nice for lighting over dining room table. And last but not least, for about an hour on the morning we were leaving, the power went out. Luckily I had used my blow dryer the night before, or I would have been extremely irritated with that. Many of the things I have mentioned weren't big things. But if you added them all up and realized how much you had paid for this rental, I can absolutely say it wasn't ready to rent. They got all their money up front, in good faith. But the management is denying most of what we reported. Because we decided to ignore many of the problems so that we could have SOME vacation time without being on the phone or running to the staff every minute, now we have no proof that some of it even happened and it's our word against the staff - and who wins that one? Not the innocent customer, that's for sure. To be fair, this may not be typical circumstances at Villas of Distinction. However, they did almost nothing to compensate for our week from Hell. At first they offered us a measly $500 voucher to use on another trip. Then after Kim put herself out and did all she could to advocate for us, they upped it to a $1500 voucher. Unfortunately, this was to be a once in a lifetime trip. My family can't afford to do this again, even if we had the least bit of interest in doing so. So this is our impression of Villa Nautica in Puerto Aventuras. Maybe if you are thinking about it, you could somehow get a trusted person to check the place out for you ahead of time? Otherwise, I wouldn't advise going there. The owner, after reading the list of things that weren't working, (which we sent Cynthia at her request), decided on his own to rush-ship a brand new ceiling fan to the Villa. We tried every possible switch and button in that house but couldn't get it to work. However, even though we never complained about it, even got by fine without the light and we had air conditioning for comfort, there was never any replacement fan delivered while we were there. (?) Would have been no time. Cynthia got that list on Friday, 2 days before we were leaving. Anyway, we figure he was trying to gain favor with the office to make it look like he cared. Apparently he was angry because he found out the fan DID work after he sent the new one. Whatever! I think it's appalling that this group of people did nothing to advocate for us or to at least take care of the real issues like a broken dish washer and toilet that couldn't flush and the very musty smelling air, etc...... Those were the real issues. I may even have laughed, - - - - - MAYBE - when those ants came pouring into the jacuzzi with me if that was all we had to deal with. But it turned out to be the house that kept on giving. That is, giving us nasty surprises. And for them to basically call us liars and do what little they did to help, is just not acceptable. This is why I'm writing this review....in case anyone out believes me and they're thinking of going to Villa Nautica. Maybe it'll hurt the house for rentals, at the very least. It just seems very unfair and uncaring of the owner and the management of that Villa. So it seems to us like a loss of revenue will be justified. They really need to stop taking people's good money unless they can first make a lot of necessary changes. Seriously need to get their act together!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
10 May 2018
Dear Donna,

We are saddened to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. Villa Nautica is a wonderful home in a beautiful location and the staff is wonderful.

When you arrived you sent an email to Cynthia saying that other than the yard cleaning and housekeeping on Thursday you didn’t want staff assistance, this was implemented as per your wishes. The following day you requested that Cynthia reinstate staff service and this was done as per your instructions. Having had the service as normal from the beginning of their stay could have made your stay much more comfortable.

Your phone calls did reach Cynthia and she answered your calls, messages and email. Cynthia came to visit you daily. Cynthia speaks and writes perfect English. The villa maintenance person Sergio and Lucia the housekeeper and cooks speak Spanish and do not speak much English (this is usual along the coast in private villas). All arrangements for service or special instructions should have been with Cynthia.

The owner’s property manager is reviewing the list and going through all points. It is true that the owner on hearing that fan in the living area didn’t work went out order new fans and expedited delivery so that they could be fixed as soon as possible, when the owner arrived the fan in the living room was working.

We have worked with Villas of Distinction for many years and they are exemplary.

We understand that this was your first time staying in a private villa and yes it is different from the hotel experience you are used to. Again we are sorry to hear that your holiday was not what you expected.
A8361ZVma...
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great vacation”
Reviewed 15 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Just returned home from a 10 day stay at Villa Nautica. This is the second time we have rented this hacienda. Both times we have been extremely pleased with not only the house but the service that are provided with your stay.
The four bedroom home, with pool is directly on the beach and is a perfect setting in Puerto Aventuras. The gated community is completely safe and offers many activities for kids.

One of the services that are included with your's stay include breakfast and lunch cooked to your request every day. The cooks did a great job adapting the menu options to to the four teenagers we brought.

The best perk you receive are the services that are provided by Mimi the concierge.
She can handle any request you ask. She will make your dinner reservations, arrange transportation, golf cart rental and excursion options.....She goes far above the regular scope of duties. When my daughter's cell phone broke she took us in her personal car to get it repaired. You can imagine the catastrophe that was averted with a teenager not having her cell phone.

I highly recommend Riviera Maya Haciendas and their staff. We have used them three times and will always look to them first in the future.

jmcotton
Austin, Texas
“Fabulous house & staff!”
Reviewed 29 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We had the pleasure of booking a family trip to Villa Nautica in Riviera Maya. The house was beautiful with beach front access & views. The house staff was incredible and very attentive. Lara was our contact prior & during our stay and provided everything we needed- including booking a tour.
Highly recommend this villa & location as it provides a fabulous vacation!

Sundancer...
Frisco, Texas, USA
“Spectacular Villa With Amazing Views!!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

This Villa is located on the best beach in the Mayan Rivera with soft white sand and only a short swim away from the best snorkeling in the area. The house is absolutely beautiful with four very spacious master bedrooms, each with large bathrooms and closets. It has all of the amenities that you would expect in a luxury resort and the staff (Sergio and Lucia) take care of everything. The meals they prepared were delicious and they are the best resources for where to go and what to do in the area.

There were (3) adult couples on our trip, and we all agreed that this was absolutely the perfect place to be in Puerta Aventuras. We highly recommend it and will definitely be going back.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing