Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
US$ 501
US$ 456
Official Site
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
  • Free Breakfast
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
  • Free Breakfast
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$ 352
  • Beachfront
Aventuras Club(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$ 318
US$ 140
Coral Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 165
US$ 157
B&B Mom's House(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$ 90
US$ 88
  • Pool
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
US$ 402
Priceline
9,101 results
All reviewsfrench restaurantother resortsfishcoral grillmaya palaceoaxaca buildingsea turtlesdinner reservationscoco barclub premiumthe check in processadult poolfamily vacationbeautiful resortbuffet foodspecialty restaurantsmake reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2015

Our stay began a little shakey as they put us in a poorly located room. Moved us to a slightly better room and finally upgraded us to oceanfront.(if you need to ungrade like us check your coupon pack for a $250.00 voucher.) Aside from that the place is amazing great service ,food, and premium cocktails. Would definately return again . WiFi is free if you get a premium room.

Room Tip: If you want oceanfront specify this
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cbgsdgal
HBarcelo-Maya-Palace, Gerente at Barcelo Maya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to send us your comments, which they are important to improve our service day by day.
We are happy you enjoyed your vacations.

Bets regards!

Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

Although the "seaweed" was a surprise, once you got past it the beach was amazing. Snorkeled there at the resort. Swam with the numerous sea turtles. Food was great. Especially enjoyed French and Carribe restaurants. Service was great. Happened to schedule during the Mexican Independence celebration. Extra decorations and events around the resort but not crowded.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
6  Thank ammagre

Dear guest,
Many thanks for your your comments regarding your experience at Barceló Maya Palace, we are happy we have exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your vacations. We will be pleased to serve you again in the future.
Best regards!

Reviewed 16 September 2015

We stayed in the Michocan overlooking the entryway to the resort on the top floor of the Palace. The restaurants especially the French and the Caribbean were divine. Waiters went out of the way to treat us like royalty. We did tip well because we know that typically Mexican people work very hard and make little money. If we got excellent service we rewarded them as we would tip in Canada. They seemed to go that extra mile for us and I don't mind tipping when deserved. Excellent and beautiful resort. Beautiful beach that went on forever. Bring good walking shoes. Walked everywhere never took a bus and only gained 10 lbs considering I ate and drank through most of Mexico.

Room Tip: Try and get a room near front of resort especially if have kids. If you forget something its a looooong walk.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Nathalie S

Dear Mrs. Nathalie,

We appreciate your preference in visiting us and taking the time for sharing your experience

On behalf of all the staff I would like to thank you for the time you took to write these comments.

Best regards,
The Management

Reviewed 14 September 2015

So after I booked this resort, I kept reading all the TripAdvisor reviews weekly and alot of them were coming back with negative comments. I started to get nervous about how this place would be but overall it was good not a disappointment.
The bad:
1.The beds are hard! I called guest services so they can put a mattress topper on the bed to make it more comfortable, but that didn't help either, it was very lumpy.
2.The sheets do feel funny, not like plastic but not great. I brought my own sheets in case it was unbearable but luckily did not have to use it.
3.In order to save money on electric the room has a motion sensor so if your not in your room all electric shuts down, so the room is not nice and cool when you come back and I left my phone charging and obviously it had no charge. That's not a deal breaker but was a little annoying.
4. Now this complaint is the biggest and worst part of the resort and the reason I will not come back. The hotel transportation! As you know this resort has 5 hotels in one and some of the activities, stores, and amenities are located in other locations of the resort. They provide a tractor trailer that pulls 2 train carts of people,(no AC) they run every 1/2 hour in the A.M and every 15 in the pm. I feel they need to make these things run more often, maybe every 15 minutes all day around. But that is not the worst part, I went to the mayan mall which is centrally located between all the hotels and got on the train, stopped at 2 hotels to drop off and pick up and then went back to the mayan mall and then 2 more hotels before I reached my hotel. The whole adventure took 40 minutes, it was late, my son was sleeping , we were tired and there was no reason to be on a shuttle for 40 minutes within the hotel. I got to playa del carmen faster than that and thats a town over! Maybe the first time it wont bother you too much, but I was there 7 days and it damn near almost drove me crazy to the point that I dreaded leaving my hotel to go anywhere else within the resort. If you decide to walk one day which I tried its a looooong walk, I finally saw a shuttle coming and tried to wave it down, it would not stop they can only pick you up in front of the hotel. Why!!!! I don't know. Its not a busy intersection its its like driving within a college campus. My legs hurt so much from this resort from allll the walking. Its great exercise but not good for older people or small kids.

5. Last complaint. As people have mentioned before it is not all included, but I didn't mind that so much until I decided to go bowling. Went to the bowling center and asked how much, they stated $15 per person per game!! That's outrageous its cheaper here in the U.S. Each hotel has a small waterpark with slides for the kids which I think is an awesome help for entertaining the kids. But they also have another waterpark, which you have to pay for separate. We went over there because we wanted to do the artificial surfing that they have there. So they charge for a 1 hour surfing lesson $15 per person, which I think is fine, but the water park which has 5 slides only is another $20. If the waterpark was bigger with better slides i'd say fine pay, but for the size of it, it should be included with the purchase of the surfing lesson that is located inside the waterpark. They also charge for room service as previously mentioned in other reviews. They told us miniature golf was free so when we went to play at night they said its only free in the daytime. I'll tell you why its free in the daytime, its like the Sahara desert out there in the day, noone wants to go.

Now for the good:

1.Food is awesome!!! Maybe too good, i think I gained weight while I was there. Huge variety, fresh, well seasoned. (buffets)
2. Entertainment theater is air conditioned!! Ive stayed at resorts that they were not and it gets hot.
3.Service and restaurants were good. When you stay at the palace you can dine in any restaurant in the whole 5 hotels.
4. The beach has some rocky areas but it also has some good swimming areas. Snorkeling at the resort is free and fun. Huge fishes right off the dock by the snorkeling gear rental. (which is free for 1 hour)
5. Free as in all resorts, kayaking, catamaran and peddle boats.
6. They have a dolphins pool so if interested you can swim with the dolphins(at a cost) or just watch the free dolphin show everyday at 11am.
7. Shows were average, had a good one for kids with toy story characters.
8. rooms are nice and clean, bathrooms are amazing!
9. Pool is huge! Never feel it too packed with people.

Overall the hotel was nice and I enjoyed it. But I would rather not do a resort that big, you get very exhausted running around the hotel trying to get to know it and the shuttle thing was a deal breaker. They need a better system for the shuttle. But would I recommend this place? Yes. One more thing, I went during low season so reservations for restaurants were no problem but I cant imagine those shuttles during high season.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
14  Thank deejonera
HBarcelo-Maya-Palace, Gerente at Barcelo Maya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2015

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review and for your visit to the Hotel.
Let us comment that suggestions from our guests are very important to us, in order to improve our services everyday.
During this last month we started to change the mattress of our rooms. We work with earth check, a certification in pro of nature. We apologize for any inconvenience with the energy and please accept our apologies for the lack of service of the bus driver; we will comment your experience about the time between lobbies with the people involve.
We are glad that you enjoyed your vacations and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.
Best regards,
The Management

Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

We had a VIP reservation in Barcelo Palace Deluxe. We had a check in in a private area, made us feel very special.
Upon arrival to the room we got a bottle of tequila waiting for us and later they brought us a bottle of sparkling wine and sweets. Also with VIP you get a free room service (otherwise $97 per order, no matter what you get) and mini bar is included also.
$13 for internet per device per day. With our VIP we had one device included. Works only in room and lobby. But it loses connection pretty often... ;(

The resort is huge and clean. Deluxe has a pool for kids, it's pretty big and beautiful.
Buffets tend to have about the same food every day, but you can always go to the restaurants at night. If you stay in Barcelo palace, you can go to any other Barcelo hotel (other 3), because Palace is the most expensive. If you stay in Tropical, Maya or Colonial you don't have access to Palace Deluxe.

French restaurant is awesome! Make sure to make a reservation.
Rodizio sucks. The meat is bad and plates are limited. They won't repeat a plate for you if you want one more.
Seafood is the best for me. Soup with caviar is very delicious! Actually, all course meals were very tasty and I even repeated some of them. :)

If you buy a bottle of wine, you can either bring it with you next time to the restaurant or leave it there and have them do it for you even if you go to a different restaurant next time.
Overall, the resort is really big and beautiful. Huge pools with inside bars. The best resort I've ever been to.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Alisa C
HBarcelo-Maya-Palace, Director de Recepción at Barcelo Maya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2015

Dear Mrs. Hooligunka,

On behalf of our team at Barcelo Maya Palace Deluxe, I want to thankn you for your past stay at our resort.

I also express my apologies for the bad experience during your visit to the Rodizio Restaurant and we appreciate your comments that help us to improve in these details.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon at our paradise

Jose Luis Serratos