10,445 results
All reviews maya beach coba building fish playa del carmen spanish restaurant other resorts rancho grande a la carte restaurants captain morgans beach buffet lobby bar beach section mini golf beautiful resort steak buffet food palm trees
Reviewed 12 August 2016

Me and my family had a great time in the hotel. I only encounter some problems with guest service personnel. They omitted some information on the internet service. I could have save some money. Also they did not book my spa service when they told me they were going to take care of it. And the third problem I had with them was that they were rude to me when I tried to pay a service and they told me I had the wrong information and I probably heard wrong. They tried to blame the wrong information on me. Thanks to Juan Montejo (Bell Botton) because he help me resolve the problem. He was very kind and helpful through my stay at Barceló Maya Beach. Also Special thanks to Minerva Chavez and Alejandro Maldonado at Rancho Grande Restaurant by the pool. Great personnel and great food. My kids loved it.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
DirectorBeachCaribe, Front Desk Manager at Barcelo Maya Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Dear juanvega1982,

We value your preference, and I would like to address your concerns as quickly as possible since guest comments are a useful tool for us to improve our services and we always treat them seriously and take appropriate action to continue to better ourselves day by day.

Thank you again for your honest feedback. I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

I love love love this hotel. We had such a great experience. My daughter, currently 14 months had so much fun that I couldn't believe a kid that little could have. The food was incredible, drinks, pools and beach. Full of activities for kids! I will return for sure!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
DirectorBeachCaribe, FFront Desk Manager at Barcelo Maya Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Dear Alejandra S,

We really appreciate your review and your comments which are very important for us, we value your preference and we want to thank you for choosing Barceló Maya Beach as you vacation Hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

We loved to eat lunch at Captain Morgan's beach grill. All the staff was very nice. Oscar Teh made us feel very special. He even brought us a cake with candles for our 50th anniversary. Look for Oscar Teh at Captain Morgan's beach grill and he will be sure you have an enjoyable lunch.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank donnamemaw
DirectorBeachCaribe, Front Desk Manager at Barcelo Maya Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Dear donnamemaw,

Thank you so much for sharing your impressions about Barceló Maya Beach, we are glad we have accomplished your expectations and enjoyed your vacation with us.

We are so proud to receive their excellent comments toward our service and toward our staff, with this we affirmed that we have provided you an excellent service that you deserve, thank you for your comments.

It will be a pleasure to transfer your great comments to Oscar Teh.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Everything went really well. Nice facilities, good and friendly staff except those at lobby and reception

Internet should be free

Reception staff were really slow with no respect for customers. I've waited 40 min to take my bracelet off and by the end one employee who was doing nothing just ask me to wait for another colleague

Trip type: Travelled with family
DirectorBeachCaribe, Front Desk Manager at Barcelo Maya Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

Dear Nuno F,

Many thanks for your comments regarding your stay at Barceló Maya Beach and the time you have taken to express your discomfort, we are sincerely sorry that everything was not up to the standard that you would have liked. we take all comments very seriously as we know they help us to improve our services, our main goal is to fulfill the expectations of every single guest we have the pleasure to serve, as we want you back home totally satisfied and with the desire to visit us again.

We would be grateful to have another opportunity to provide you the level of service from which we want to build our reputation.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

This resort has many different pools, beach locations, restaurants and bars. You get a fee coupon for any restaurant for one meal. You can pay for any restaurant if you would like after that. There are 24/7 free food and drink locations as well so you don't have to spend money if you don't want to. Drinks are free and all you want. Buffett breakfast, lunch, and dinner are free. Surf machine, bowling, concerts, live music, pool games (for kids and adults), putt putt, beach chairs, everything! My only issue was that we only stayed for 3 nights and only one full day was spent on the resort. If you plan on leaving the hotel/resort to do tours, you might not want to pay for this all inclusive. You wont be using it like you could to get the most out of it. We did tours and only spent morning and evening at the resort until the last full day. Still an awesome experience but I suggest making it a longer stay or only plan on having a really awesome time within the resort. I will return!!

Room tip: Every area of the resort is great. I suggest just getting there and utilize the resort to the maximum and you will have a blast!
Date of stay: January 2016