7,200 results
All reviews aventura spa palace hard rock our honeymoon moon palace hydrotherapy room spa treatments fish time share steak martini bar hydrotherapy area playa del carmen resort credit man made lagoon obstacle course mayan coffee sky terrace
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Having been in the hotel indusrty for over 15 years you notice things...I don't try to write bad reviews but, here are some things that might help you in your choice.

Remember in this day and age there should be no....Well it's a Mexican 5 star resort. All the resorts are owned by mega companies and if they want to put 5 star items at the resort they can. if they want to train workers in proper service they can....It's not what it was 25 years ago....So,

We paid for the Aventura Spa ( Adults Only)...The hotel put us in the family Aventura Cove stating this property is all the Aventura Spa... I said NO, didn't pay to have the kids in the play grouns outside my balcony.....After 1.5 days it was changed. You have to stand up for yourself, you paid the money so...get what you paid for.

If you like to take a nice long walk on the beach..You can't they don't have one. They have a man-made cove. What you see in the picture is what you get and it's about 5ft deep but, it's got fish. No para-sail, snorkle (off site), jet ski or marine sports...

They have members who buy time share weeks and they are treated different then us tourists. Better suites are given to them...ocean view can be upto 3 football fields away but, I can see it.

Property is to change into a Hard Rock Resort but, with no real time table for this and the resort does need some renovations now.

Food was very good to excellent in all restaurants. Wide choices, A La Cart has no revervations required as the dining rooms are open fron 6-11pm. Some say the steakhouse is the best it was ok don't have the beef???? All restaurtant with a La (in front of it) are smart causal dress with gents in long pants & collared shirts

Entertainment was ok...Michael Jackson show was the best

For the price range there are better in the same area Now Jade, in Dominican Majestic Colonial, in Jamaca, Rui Montego Bay

Hope this helps

Room tip: Suite are a bit small in size due to the big whirlpool in the way, no sofa or tub chair to sit on in any suite we saw. Request a king if you want it and make sure your hotel vouchure states it. Stay off the 1st floor as the carts start to rolls at 7am for housekeeping & room service.
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alejandro M, Customer Service Manager at Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Hello Don L, thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments and we also hope many future visitors find them helpful to choose our resort for their next vacations to the Riviera Maya. As you well stated, our Members have preferential treatment and service as part of their membership, for more details we recommend to visit our guest services team. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the entertainment, and our restaurant´s food excellent.
We look forward to welcome you in the future and make your next visit a wonderful memory here in Aventura Spa Palace.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

This place was beyond my expectations! I have a background in service and can be critical at times. There was nothing I could find to complain about. The service staff made me feel welcomed and safe. The rooms and resort over all were very clean and well appointed...not over the top but very nice. A perfect place for couples to kick back and relax or to party it up with other like minded people. Thanks to everyone at Aventura Spa Palace for making my stay AWESOME!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hello Shaunalee B, we are very pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and you felt safe and welcomed and found exceptional service from our staff, even more knowing that is coming from an expert in service like yourself. Thank you for choosing us to give you an awesome vacation, we would love to welcome you again soon here at your favorite resort in the Riviera Maya: Aventura Spa Palace.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

My wife and I loved the Adventura Spa Palace. We travel to the area allot and this was our first stay here and it will not be our last. The staff were wonderful. The food was the best and could not find any better in the US. I can not find the right words to say how much we love our 7 days here. The gounds, the beach and pool area were spotless and beautiful. The rooms were great, and kept clean. The spa was wonderful. Check in and out was very easy. Everyone was so helpful. A big thumbs up to this place.

Room tip: Most all the rooms had a good view, they were big and the bar was well stocked.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Barry M, thank you for your very sweet review, we appreciate your excellent comments about your stay in our resort, it is reassuring to hear that you loved your stay and found our grounds spotless and well kept to please the eye. Thanks again and we hope we can welcome you again soon here to Aventura Spa Palace.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

My wife and I just arrived home tonight after a wonder week in Mexico. We have been at many resorts over the years and have enjoyed them all but we think this past week at the Spa Palace is one of our best yet. The grounds are spotless and beautiful. The service was amazing. The spa is wonderful and well worth taking advantage of. All the bars and the bar attendants were very pleasant and helpful. I never once did not hear a welcome from the staff no matter what their role at the resort was. The mexican people are a kind and warm group and they deserve far more then they do for their efforts. I tipped everytime I had a chance as I know they do not make much for wages and yet they are so pleasant and wonderful.

We found the best food in the resort to be at the main buffet next to the pool. We ate at all the restaurants and found this to be our favorite. Our favorite bar was in the lobby at night. We met so many wonderful people and the bartenders were great.

Our room was on the third floor and ocean view. It was always clean and smelled good. No musty smell like others we have stayed at before. Sometimes a little noisy but not too bad.

Many buildings on the Cove side are under construction and it starts early in the am. Did not bother us as we were on other side. We walked each day around the entire resort and observed the construction when walking near there.

I highly recommend this resort and I would stay there again in a heart beat.

5  Thank LuvtotravMinnesota

Hi LuvtotravMinnesota, Thank you very much for your wonderful review, we appreciate you mentioned the warmness and kindness that characterize Mexican people and the service that our staff always strive to provide to our valued guests. It is very reassuring to hear that you enjoyed the food at the buffet, your room´s view and cleanliness. Thank you for your highly recommending us to our future visitors and we hope we can see you again soon here at Aventura Spa Palace.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

I absolutely loved this resort. I have been to quite a few in the past 10 years and this one is at the very top of my list.

I don't even know where to start...
The resort itself is huge! however, the rooms are located in such a way that you never feel like it takes forever to get back and forth. so much to do and see at this resort Truly is something for everyone. the staff are so friendly - no matter what their job title is. they all seem to really enjoy what they do. The food was incredible!!! we often chose to eat at the buffet over the a la carte's (which you never even needed reservations for, yet always were seated very quickly!) because the buffet food was equally as good and you are treated as if you are dining in a resteraunt as opposed to a buffet.
The spa was amazing. I had a relaxation massage and the papaya wrap. WOW!!!!!
The entertainment blew me away. Wasn't your typical cheesy shows that leave you yawning halfway through. Incredible world class entertainment!!

Thank you for giving an unforgettable vacation that was worth every penny!!

I will definitely recommend this place to everyone and am already trying to plan my return trip!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank nikikiRegina_Sk

Hi nikikiRegina_Sk, we appreciate your amazing review, we are happy hearing that you loved the resort and it´s layout and beautiful grounds, and that you enjoyed the buffet and indulge in our Spa with their relaxing treatments and massages. And definitely we thank you for recommending us and for enjoying your vacations so much and choosing Aventura Spa Palace to be your favorite resort in the Riviera Maya! We look forward to welcome you again and make your next visit an unforgettable memory.