Our 5th stay at a Palace property and with 2 small exceptions it was another wonderful week. We actually were booked at the cove side of the resort which is for families but since we did not travel with children we asked if we could move to the spa side which is adults only. They cheerfully honored our request, transported us to the other side and had us checked in all within 15 mins.
This resort is different than the Cancun hotels in that no building is higher than 3 stories and there actually is no beach. It is a more tropical setting and the grounds are well maintained and beautiful!! There are many private places around the coves and pools to hide out. There is an indoor and winding outdoor pool along with a lap pool which doubled as a volleyball pool.
All of the pool and bar staff are great. And despite what others had said, you get plenty of drinks with or without tipping. The staff is very appreciative of tips but never expect them.
The rooms are standard Palace rooms with large showers and the 2 persons Jacuzzi tub by the balcony which has a hammock which is a nice touch. Most of the rooms have a restricted view of the ocean. The room was always clean and the bed always turned down at night. Obviously the "all-inclusive" fridge and liquor cabinet was restocked every day!
The spa is the finest spa I have been in. Arrive early to take advantage of the hydrotherapy area. The staff is well trained and professional. If spa is your thing this is the only Palace resort that allows you to use the whole $1500 resort credit for spa services. One hint about the $1500 resort credit. You have to go to VIP services to book all of your tours, dinners, and spa services that you can pay for with the $1500 resort credit. The area is crowded in the morning so go in the afternoon if you can, there are less people waiting. One side comment about the credit. Yes the services that you can pay for with the credit are overpriced ($350 for steak and lobster dinner) but many of these activities are things I would not normally spend any money on at an all-inclusive resort so it is a nice touch.
Now for the 2 small negatives. The first is the transportation from the airport. Unlike the Cancun Palaces this hotel is over an hour from the airport. The location of the pick up outside the airport is separate from the other Palace hotels. We stood out there 45 mins. Before we were picked up. My guess is that the round trip is over 2 hours and this accounts for the wait but it would have been nice to know this ahead of time.
The 2nd problem is one we have experience once before with Palace. The dinner service in the restaurants is very unattentive and slow. And they have a curious policy of closing random restaurants on different days with just a small note posted in the window. So check ahead if you have your heart set on a certain restaurant choice for that night.
Overall I think If you like to eat, drink you will find the food and drink quality on par with most all-inclusives, a step above buffet quality but not world-class 5 star fare.
Finally, 4 Palace properties are turning into Hard Rock hotels including this one. Palace is still operating the hotel but with Hard Rock branding. I'm curious how the changes will affect the experience at Aventura Spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Prestigia so you can book your Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Riviera Maya
- Aventura Spa Palace Resort
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico