Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
US$ 422
US$ 360
Bookit.com
US$ 398
US$ 362
Official Site
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$ 293
  • Pool
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$ 315
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$ 309
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$ 346
US$ 337
  • Breakfast included
Coral Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$ 119
US$ 114
Aventuras Club(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$ 287
US$ 140
US$ 407
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
7,085 results
All reviewsaventura spa palacehard rockour honeymoonmoon palacespa treatmentsfishtime sharesteakplaya del carmenmartini barhydrotherapy arearesort creditman made lagoonmayan coffeesushipublic relationsocean view
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Heavenly, would be an understatement. I have now had the pleasure to visit several Palace Resorts.. & this one in my book takes 1st place in everyway!! The spa was beyond my widest Dreams! I loved getting an hr before for hydrotherapy ( the swedish showers were very cool, & the jacuzzi's as well. The Spa is a Heaven for every one of your senses.. the waterfalls, & statues, the beautiful aromas.. I felt totally renewed! Irene with the Samuprai massage was my favorite ( out of the $745.00 credit I spent with the Spa)
My husband & I loved the Rose petals Omar set up for us on the bed & in the Jacuzzi- ( Thank you Omar!! The staff at the Italian Rest- were absolutley incredible- Pamela, Carlos & Isreal gave us such a special night.
The Room= We also used our credit to upgrade the rm to Ocean view, but we also had a garden in front ( that we loved) because every morning & night there were beautiful birds with amazing bird calls, so we felt like it was the best of both worlds.
WildLIFE= We also saw monkeys by the front entrance ( wild in the trees) several big hamster things, tons of birds, various beautiful fish, crabs, & lobster in the lagoon.
We loved to swing on the hammock underneath the stars while listening to the waves hit against the rocks.
THE FOOD= ALWAYS Fresh, always great service, & the best quality.
I could write forever! My only complaint is that we left this beautiful Resort to try Playacar!!
BTW- Although there is no Real Beach here this is a beautiful lagoon, & there is the most beautiful UNCROWDED beach called Akumal ( 15min by taxi) The ruins are also very close to here. You won't find a better promo anywhere else, trust me I looked for months, & I'm so glad we came here! Can't wait to come back!

8  Thank Dreamsofriveriamaya
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Excellent service. Beautiful pool. The guided tour of Tulum was fun and the spa services professional and clean. Our room was beautiful and well-kept. The food exceeded our expectations. The a la carte offerings at all of the restaurants we visited were excellent. Our favorite restaurant was La Huerte (we ate there 3x in 7 days). Our waiter each visit was Jorge, a very personable and friendly gentleman who managed to raise the bar with his service each visit. The deserts were epic. Elisio, the manager at La Huerte and the asian restaurant, was warm and exceptional. We hope to return soon.

5  Thank Ang12346
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We just got back from our 10 day honeymoon at the Spa palace resort and we could not write enough fantastic things about the hotel and hospitality! Everyone goes out of there way to make everything extremely special and personal, from bartenders to the housekeepers. We don't speak any Spanish, but majority of everyone at the hotel and tourist spots spoke English. I was disappointed there was no beach access, but after spending the afternoon at the Playa resort on the beach, I realized that I wasn't missing much. Instead this hotel offers an incredible lagoon to swim in without the current of the ocean. You can snorkel with all the colorful fish and finish off in one of the beautiful pools. I had the Mayan chocolate body wrap, probably the best experience in my life!!! The spa is incredible!!!! Highly recommend this place, we were able to use all of our hotel credits without a problem. We would like to acknowledge a few people who made our experience even better, Irving (bartender), Jorge Paz ( waiter at La Huerta), Miguel wine specialist), Leyde (server at La Huerta), Alberto (pool bartender), activity staff at the pool, and Aldo (bartender). Thanks for everything!!!

Room Tip: upgrade to conceirge level!
7  Thank foxylady777
Reviewed 28 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Aventura Spa Palace from August 3-10, 2011 as guests for a destination wedding.

Overall, we were very pleased with the resort. The staff was very professional and helpful. Every time we asked for something, they responded with "It would be my pleasure." The resort is very large. We actually didn't even get to see all of it in the 7 days we were there. They do "monkey tours" in the jungle area of the resort. So, if you get a chance, do it. It's neat to see the monkeys in their natural habitat. Even though it's all-inclusive, we brought about $60 in one dollar bills for tipping. One dollar goes a long way in Mexico and the workers were very appreciative when receiving tips. And, take a couple minutes to walk the "Fitness Trail." Even if you don't do all the fitness activities, it's nice to just walk through the jungle and hear the iguanas running around you. However, this is not a resort you go to for a nice beach. It's the resort that specializes in Spa treatments! You can however, take a shuttle to any of their other resorts for free. We spent a day at the Playacar Palace which had that white powdery beach with crystal clear water and great/cheap shopping within walking distance. So, if you get the chance, do that for a day.

The food was decent. Although, we are not picky eaters. We pretty much liked everything we ate. However, if you have never been out-of the United States, you have to understand that the food might taste just a little different (especially the meat). We loved the self-serve nachos and guacamole station next to the pool. And, the juice bar next to the indoor pool area. Our favorite restaurant was the mexican restaurant on the Cove side called, La Hacienda. Ask for the Mayan coffee after dinner (if you don't know what it is, youtube it)! Also, the Melted Cheese appetizer is pure awesomeness! And, the fresh tableside guacamole was great. Although, I would not recommend to get tequilla in it. It ruins the taste. We also like the Italian restaurant on the Spa side. We wanted to eat outside on the patio. But, the hostess warned us that service was slow out there b/c there were a lot of people eating outside and only one server. So, we sat inside, which was fine. Service was a little slower in this restaurant. But, hey...we were on vacation and had nowhere to go. So, who cares? Beware of the bottles of wine they have placed on the tables in the restaurants. There is an extra charge for these bottles. We were NOT informed of that before opening one and then they wanted to charge us $95 for it! However, after being firm/persistent, they did not make us pay for it. It is one thing if we knew there was a charge and agreed to it. But, we were not informed until after we started drinking the wine. So, just be mindful about that.

We LOVED the $1500 vacation dollars promotion! We spent it all mostly on Spa services. We each had 3 massages. I also had a deluxe pedicure, which was pretty much just an expensive pedicure. It was nice, but, my polish chipped the next day. I had to re-paint my nails myself. Had I spent my own money on the pedicure I would have felt like I was cheated. It really was just a regular pedicure. Nothing deluxe about it. But, again I had vacation dollars to spend. I heard from one of the workers in the spa that this Palace resort is the only resort allowing all $1500 vacation dollars to be spent all in the Spa. And, in all the 5 years that she worked there, she had never seen a promotion like this one. I also had a Nutritive Scalp Treatment the last day I was there. I HIGHLY recommend this service. Especially if you only have a couple extra vacation dollars to spend and/or your scalp gets sun-burned while you're there. It was basically a half-hour scalp massage. Very nice and relaxing. I almost fell asleep. But, keep in mind you will walk away with wet hair. The lady did braid my hair for me. It looked really cute. Overall, the spa was my favorite place. Go about an hour earlier than your appt time to do the "hydrotherapy." You won't be disappointed!

The rooms were nice. Bed was a little hard. The central air does not keep the room that cold, though. It was a little on the warm-side for us. It feels cold when you first walk in, then it gets warm. They do provide you with a very generous sized bottle of hand/body moisturizer, as well as, shampoo and conditioner, that will definitely last you the week or longer. So, there is really no need to bring your own. They will also provide you with any toiletries that you might have forgotten. So, don't worry if you left your toothbrush at home. The jetted bathtub is nice. Just be careful to read the directions before operating it. You HAVE to wait until the water is ABOVE the jets to turn the jets on or you WILL spray water all over the room! And, if you use bubble bath, use it sparingly. A little goes a long way! We also did a load of laundry in the tub one day. We brought a little tide and threw our bathing suits and some other small items in the tub and let them bubble around from awhile. Room service is a little unreliable sometimes. We received food one day that we didn't even order. Then, the day that we did order breakfast, it didn't show up. But, the food was good. My husband's birthday happened to fall on one of the days we were there. I requested at the Public Relations desk to have a bottle of Champagne and a cake delivered to our room that night. It never came. However, we weren't in the room that much that night. I assumed they would have left it in the room for us. But, maybe they needed us to be there for it? The safe in the room easily held my husband's 15 inch Dell laptop plus all of our documents/valuables with plenty of room leftover. I'm sure a bigger laptop would fit, as well. The dresser space seems small when you enter, but, it easily held all of our clothes for the week we were there. They also provide you with about 6 hangers for your clothes you want to hang in the closet. So, if you need more, just bring them. Also, leave a dollar tip each day for the maid and she/he will leave towel art for you (i.e. animals made out of towels).

The pool is small for the size of the resort. But, the resort was definitely not at full capacity. So, there was plenty of space in the pool. If you want a lounge chair around the main pool, get there early and reserve. Be careful of the jetted tub area of the pool. The cement is rough and both my husband and I scrapped our knees in there. They provide some pool activities throughout the day. They can be loud and annoying sometimes. But, you can easily escape to the lagoon or the cross-circulation pool over by the yoga hut. The indoor pool is very cool. Which was nice b/c one day I felt like I was overheating. I went for a dip in there and felt much better. Pool bar service was fast. And, the banana monkey drink ROCKS (if you like the taste of bananas)! You can bring your own insulated cups and they will happily fill them with your drink of choice. They do not, however, provide rafts for the pool. So, if you want a raft to float on, bring your own inflatable one.

The lagoon is nice. The water is refreshing with pockets of cooler and warmer water as you swim. The fish circle you sometimes looking for handouts. So, that can be a little freaky. You can get to see some pretty fish near the rock walls. So, bring an underwater camera. But, be careful to not touch the rock walls. One person in our group put her foot on the wall and got stung by a sea urchin and had to get a shot/antibiotics for it. My husband did the kayaking and enjoyed it. It was his first time and it was easy to do.

Ok, I could probably write more. But, I think I've said enough. Overall, we liked our stay. It was perfect for a destination wedding. And, we would recommend this resort to others.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank bennett580
Reviewed 27 August 2011

The trip was great, we traveled with a group of 8 people. My Mother had her small wedding here, it was private, quiet, romantic. It was a beautiful wedding. The wedding staff went out of their way to make sure my mother was happy, and we really had an amazing day! The wedding was held in one of the gazebos overlooking the ocean, perfectly beautiful. We had a dinner in the Italian Restaurant afterward, it was great. They even had a live violinist that serenaded us in the restaurant.

We are members and the spa here was by far my most favorite of the Palaces' resorts, it is truly beautiful, and the treatments were great! The hydrotherapy room was relaxing, and i spent some time falling asleep there. :)

There is no real beach, but the manmade lagoon was amazing and a favorite for my husband, he spent all of his day time here sorkeling and watching fish, this lagoon had some seriously big fish, and very fun to watch. They lagoon stretches the extent of the properties, it really can be an all day event! So bring your snorkels.

We had a great time, and would definitely go back. Swim with the dolphins is directly across the street, and it really was a beautiful place, the dolphins are treated very well there. Photos are expensive, don't buy them.

The pools were great, and we met nothing but great couples everywhere, many many of the people traveling were honeymooners. We even met 2 great new best friends, that Just traveled with us to our wedding at Cancun Palace this month!

If you are interested in booking a wedding please email me lcirelli@gmail.com I specialize in Member wedding bookings with the Palace Resorts.

Room Tip: Loved the spa.
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family