All reviews playa el quiet resort rooms are comfortable big pool bike path walking distance just returned from a week seafood kitchenette leonel pools classes palmar vacation zumba locals tennis
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

A lot of activities. Loved the gym. Its a real size gym with heavy weights.

3 pools gives you variety.

Rooms seem to be recently remodeled.

Food was good too. Seafood. Close to the lobby.

Played a few rounds of minigolf and tennis.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel_Ixtapa_Palace, Public Relations Manager at Ixtapa Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

We are glad you enjoyed the many amenities we have to offer. We hope to see you again soon. Have you tried visiting the 17 beaches nearby? Each one has its own charm.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

We had a great vacation! This was the second time we stayed here. The resort was great; clean rooms, was nice having a kitchenette. Good location walking distance to the beach, shops, restaurants. Kids had fun at the water park. The staff was helpful and friendly. We look forward to coming back next year.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank FloridaSwimmer

We thank you for being a loyal client and hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Good location and close to the beaches and nearby town of Zihuatanejo. Easy to rent a car and drive everywhere . The restaurants at the nearby plaza and the marina are very good. We drove to Petatlán a nearby town to experience the local culture and found that people were very helpful. The only dissapointment was that the archaeological sight at Solidad de Marciel was closed.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Hotel_Ixtapa_Palace, Manager at Ixtapa Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear JPithia,

Now you have a great excuse to return to Ixtapa and nothing would bring us more joy than for you to once again be our guest!

I will keep an eye out for the archaeological site's opening.

Upon your return, we can suggest you visit the 17 beaches that surround Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. Each one is unique!

I hope your trip home was pleasant.

Your friends at Ixtapa Palace

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Upon check in, one of the staff members insisted that I pay him 3,800 Mexican pesos for additional people. I told him that they were just visiting and not staying overnight! The unit was not 4 star at all! Many maintenance & safety issues: Broken sliding door with sharp edges exposed, broken stove, TV remotes non-functional, shower tub painted and peeling, leaking drain under bathroom sink and more. I addressed these issues and they were never resolved. The swimming pool had mold growing inside. My relative is sick due to this!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank ohnjaymarino
Hotel_Ixtapa_Palace, General Manager at Ixtapa Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear ohnjaymarino,

The resort has informed me you booked through RCI and were not satisfied since you were expecting a beach front property. Please let us know in detail if the RCI sales person described the property accurately to you. We do our best to accurately portray the resort through its descriptions and pictures. If you feel the RCI agency was inaccurate, we would like to take immediate corrective action.

I understand that RCI was not helpful in changing you to another hotel when you called them. From what I understand our hotel staff referenced you to nearby hotels close to the beach and also previously assisted you in changing rooms and installing an additional door lock as per your request. However I see that you rated our staff with 1 star. Please keep in mind the rating you mention is for the hotel staff, not for RCI staff. Our staff is always willing to take extra steps to make you feel welcome.

At your convenience, we would like for you to contact us to clear up this misunderstanding as we work diligently to keep accurate reviews.

Always at your service,

Ixtapa Palace Management

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

My family has been coming here for years. In fact, I met my wife while staying here in 1990. The staff is always helpful and pleasant. Rooms are always clean and comfortable. The big pool with the tremendous waterfall and swim up bar is always fun to hang out in. The drinks are very reasonably priced which gets a us to hang at the pool longer. From poolside we ordered food from the restaurant. The restaurant is well priced and has a varied menu. I loved the shrimp and lobster, but their carne asada is always good too. They also offer a variety of appetizers. Room service is also available.

The physical location of Ixtapa Palace is very nicely situated about a block in from the beach and right across the street is a very nice shopping & dining district with excellent souvenir options and the spectrum of restaurants from “mom & pop” to upscale.

My family loves Ixtapa Palace and we will be returning again as soon as possible for yet another lovely and affordable vacation.

Date of stay: January 2018