See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 February 2018

115 steps to get to our room! Definitely worth it. We are spending 10 days here, so wanted to settle in a comfortable room, we chose the deluxe. AC, King bed, kitchenette, and the view!
Staff really nice, spacious room, we come back from one of the pretty beaches around everyday to a clean room. We sleep very well.
We have our coffees on the terrasse every morning, watch the surfers below.
A very nice convenience store just downstairs is open late.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne L
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Room was nice and ample with a nice view, ac was a blessing, stayed just one night due to cancelled flight.
The cutlery and dishes in the room looked messy, and we had a bit of an ant problem, so it might've been good to have just a little bit more of room inspection before setting us in, we showed up with no reservations though so no biggie, we fixed the ant problem quickly, def coming back.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

LOCATION: Great location. Literally located steps from the main surf beach, Playa Zicatella, and a two minute walk to restaurants / shops.

HOTEL / ROOM: Although there is no common area to socialise, this hotel has rooms to fit all needs. I chose the room with an outside kitchenette and air con and payed double. For those wishing to spend less, you will still get the same great view experience I am sure. The rooms have mosquito screens for the windows and authentic Oaxacan touches to the room like the hand-woven curtains and a really cool clay lamp. Bathroom is basic and functional.

**Note that this property does have approx 40 to 50 stairs to access your room depending on if you stay on level one or two. Not great for anybody with a walking disability.

INTERNET: Internet was in and out for me. It is a big problem that Puerto Escondido is facing currently with an increasing population and lack of infrastructure. So no matter where you go you might just face the same problem.

This is an awesome place that always always feels clean and tidy. The hotel is family run and the owners are the kindest bunch. Note that they only speak Spanish and next to no English.

One point I would make would be that in Zicatella the restaurants and bars can keep going until midnight. Not a problem if you turn your ceiling fan on to block out the noise.

Highly recommend staying here!! I wish I never had to leave!! It truely is paradise at Hotel Buena Vista.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Finnyboy
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

A comfortable, clean and quiet place to stay in Puerto Escondido. It's right in the middle of the restaurants and bars and just steps from the beach, but because of its high location it doesn't feel like it. Great if you want to wake up to a view, and the staff were polite and friendly. Would recommend.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jess M
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

This hotel is located exactly where you want to stay if you want to walk to everything. You are within a 5 minute walk to the best restaurants, beaches, etc. This hotel is well managed, clean, well built and fully functional. The views from the large, shaded balconies are the best in PE. There is solitude at this hotel. The deluxe room is by far the best and worth it. The other rooms are high quality as well. I stayed in both during my one week at BV. Internet works ok. Beds are firm. Floors are tile. Showers work well. No tv's. this ensures the solitude. A selling point for me. It takes me back to travel in the 70's and 80's. I love it here.

Date of stay: December 2016