See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Adjacent to the Santa Fe Hotel this was a really nice stay.Huge, clean Bungalows with AC.
Very mexican style. Everything is a little dated but worked fine.
We had a lovely terrace with ocean view. The Bungalows share a pool. But there are more in the main building.
Wonderful Restaurant with both- good food and views.
We will be back !

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2017

I wanted to give the Bungalows Santa Cruz a better rating, but just couldn't do it. Positives: great location, just steps from Zicatela Beach, ATM, small grocery store, fun beach restaurants. Cute bungalow, but we pay for apartments and bungalows in order to eat in for breakfast, and sometime lunch and/or dinner. Our room, R3 was upstairs (which I recommend because of the better beach views.) It is across the street from the beach, and the car/truck traffic can be pretty loud. In the kitchen, we had 1 kitchen knife, that had the end broken off: unusable. No paper towels, no hand towels, just a couple of glasses and dishes, no spices, but we did have lots of ants in the kitchen. Big ones and small ones. Also, the bed is rock hard and every night my husband and I were feeling bites. I assume mostly from mosquitos. The windows were closed, but they don't close well and I assume that's where the mosquitos were getting in. Not fun in the era of the Zika virus. It got so bad I asked the front desk to have the housekeeper change our sheets because of the bites (bed bugs maybe?) and she seemed very unconcerned and ticked off that we would even ask. We went in town and bought the bungalow a couple of knives so we could actually cut something. The hotel restaurant next door is terrific, and it's great to be able to use their pools. I really wanted to like this place, and would.., if the management would get a grip and pay more attention to the bug and kitchen ware issues.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are better due to better rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JenniferF374
Reviewed 21 June 2016

First time in Mexico, stayed at this place. It became my favorite place.

Spacious room, best location. Very clean. Vegetarian food is amazing and their breakfasts are delicious.

Location is amazing, just in front of the beach.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank ZyraSib
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was my first time in Puerto Escondido and I must say staying at this hotel made all the difference. Most commendable about the hotel is its excellent restaurant. After heading out to the various beach palapa restaurants and being ripped-off with bad food and terrible service, we had dinner at the hotel restaurant once and never looked back! Food was well-priced, the menu varied – with an amazing vegetarian selection (unheard of in Mexico) – and every dish we sampled was absolutely delicious. The bungalows are not bungalows at all but rather a kind of house with 4 apartments. That said, each has a very private feel and has a pleasant terrace with table, chairs and hammock. There is a very nice pool in leafy surroundings with sun-loungers. The apartment itself is spacious with basic furnishings. The bathroom is nice and stocked with shampoo, soap, and conditioner. There is a free purified water dispenser on each floor which is excellent. The TV has English channels. Within a few steps of a gorgeous white-sand beach with large waves. This is definitely a better and cleaner beach than some of the others in Puerto. The hotel is within short walking distance of an ATM, shops, and a supermarket. The air-conditioning is efficient but oddly placed in the kitchen rather than in the bedroom, so it has to be left on all day to cool down the apartment eventually. The ceiling fans work well although they are rather noisy. On the down side, the wifi although free had a very weak signal. The service at the front desk was variable from somewhat hostile to passable. The apartments on the lower floor are not recommended because of foot traffic – try for one on the top floor. Although the terraces are sea-facing, you cannot see the sea because of the tall palm trees on the beach covering the view. Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kasparus
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I have for many years on spent a week or two with family and freind over Christmas at the Santa Cruz Bungalows and always enjoyed it very much. There are only eight bungalows, four in every building so you don´t see the neighbours much. The pool is nearly always alone since many take to the beach or one of the two pools in the Santa Fe Hotel right next to it. I prefer the bungalow pool since it is not as warm as the other pools, it is just perfect for cooling you down. We would have a light meal in the bungalow and vegetarian food at the restaurant in the Hotel. If you want to vary there are plenty of places around. I highly recomend it for couples and families.

Room Tip: They are all pretty much the same
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AdamB060
Roberto L, Manager at Bungalows Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Thanks for your feedback. It has been a pleasure to serve you and to know that your stay was enjoyable. We hope to serve you again soon.
Best regards, Roberto.