All reviews honesty bar minute drive large table comfortable beds local produce cream tea on arrival shooting nicky wedding property house cornwall views
Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely stay here in this beautifully furnished stylish house. Luke attended to our every need. The food is delicious and every meal a treat. The attention to detail is superb while ensuring you feel relaxed and at home.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

A lovely manor style property. Beautifully and tastefully renovated. The most comfortable beds I have slept in. Everything you could want in room. Very very hospitable hosts, very helpful and friendly. You have run of the property with large TV room with sky. Best breakfast and then fab cake for afternoon tea. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2016

Had an unbeatable stay at The Vean. After initial disappointment - 'no sea view' - my father and his wife (famously hard to please) described it as the best place they had ever stayed in the UK. It is tucked away within the grounds of the Caerhays Estate and its secluded position is part of the joy of it. Attention to detail is excellent, and although it's a cliche, I genuinely felt that nothing was too much trouble for Luke and the team. If I might make a suggestion, the one thing I would change is the bread, which was not in the same league as the truly delicious home-made scones and granola. Artisan bread or not, however, I will definitely be returning to this exceptional place.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are huge (I understand those on the 2nd floor are smaller)
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2015

Beautiful, clean, relaxed, noble yet humble. A must for all who love quality. Honesty bar, cream tea welcome, all signs of exceptional hospitality. Would recommend this place to my family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DKHGs
Reviewed 31 March 2015

Finding it hard to put into words,the wonderful time we have just had in Cornwall.The weather was at best...Cornish !!The welcome and hospitality was truly wonderful.What a gem tucked away at the end of the drive ! The room was spacious and spotless with a real warm feel to it.We went for the fully catered option and all meals embraced local produce,beautifully presented and mouth wateringly tasty. Thank you Mike,Sue and all your girls for making our stay so special.See you again soon.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple