All reviews gastro pub st ives roberts radio sister pub hake db b three courses sunday lunch pub with rooms lovely pub local ingredients crab coastal path homemade bread booked a table pudding two night stay
Reviewed 17 March 2018

We stayed at the Gurnards Head for 2 nights 14/15 March.
We had previously visited the Gurnards for lunch which was very very good so decided to stay and we weren’t disappointed. The food was excellent (both evening and breakfast) and the staff were both friendly and very efficient.
Our room was very good and the bathroom was up to date with excellent fittings and decoration.
The location is stunning with good walking and wonderful scenery.

Room Tip: Room 6 had a good bed and moorland views
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BobgChippenham
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a morning coffee and were “treated” by two female staff to surly and rude service. So irritated that we went elsewhere for lunch and will not be returning any time soon. Buck your ideas up Gurnards Hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I went with 3 girlfriends for dinner on Saturday. We are super fussy foodies and the food here was lovely. Very thoughtful menu and good service. Atmosphere surprisingly quiet for a Saturday but we really enjoyed the fresh fish dishes and amazing duck that we ordered and the keg wine.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank janeylouslater
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Have just spent 2 nights here, had a great time. The staff are very friendly & efficient, the food and wine were good, the bed was very comfortable. What more could you ask for? It was a bit of a nostalgic trip for me, having visited here many times as a child, but my husband had not been here before & he loved it too. Will be back.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jamly
Reviewed 6 March 2018

I booked a two night stay which turned out to be one due to the bad weather. My wife and I were stuck in St Ives when the snow came down which prevented us from using the roads and get back to the pub. We were able to take the train home and return a few days later when the snow had gone. Meanwhile the pub looked after our things which we had left in the room. On returning to the pub 3 days later they charged for just the one night even though they were within their rights to charge 30% for the second night. The manager handled it very well and I commend him for that. And the night we did stay there was lovely; good beer and an excellent meal with a wonderful breakfast too. And the room was good too. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family