Lowest prices for your stay
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
Hotels.com$128
ZenHotels.com$130
1,347 results
All reviews infinity pool vembanad lake citrus cafe front office his team beautiful property relaxing stay chef mr resort kerala houseboat hospitality
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2020

The best thing about this property is its location, although it is a bit far from the main tourist point like houseboat jetty etc. which is about a Rs.400 auto ride away. The hotel's infinity pool beside the lake is its best feature, after its lake facing rooms which offer priceless views of the sunrise. Apart from this, everything else is pretty much average. The bathroom, was a big letdown with stained mirrors and empty toiletries. This could not be overlooked especially given the pricing of the hotel. The dinner buffet was another disappointment, with limited options, and some stale items(boiled potato chat). The breakfast spread was relatively better. In conclusion, the property is good for a short stay but there is ample opportunity for improvement in terms of service.

Room tip: Lake facing rooms on a higher floor for a great sunrise above the lake view
Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank crmandal
TheLemonTreeHotels, Manager at Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, Kerala, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2020

Dear Guest

Thank you for the feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, Kerala. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.

We have noted your perceptive inputs and are re-looking into our internal standards to understand your feedback better.

We look forward to welcoming you soon with our friendly smiles and signature lemon fragrance. When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.vlr@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Reviewed 28 January 2020

Amazing property, beautiful location, superb staff, free room upgrades, quick room service! what else does someone need on a vacation. Don't think much, just book this place! The in house menu is also decent! Loved the Fish Fry :)

Room tip: Request for a lake facing superior room.
Date of stay: January 2020
TheLemonTreeHotels, Manager at Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, Kerala, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2020

Reviewed 22 January 2020 via mobile

I was travelling with my father after long and wanted a zen to stay in allapuza. I found a board of this property on road so thought of taking a look. I was amazed by the location and the entire staff especially Ms lasitha. She was exceptionally good. Thank you Ms lasitha for your hospitality.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
TheLemonTreeHotels, Manager at Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, Kerala, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2020

Reviewed 18 January 2020

This is a perfect location for a calm and serene vacation with not too much of activity.
Resort is located right at the Vembanad lake and slightly away from hustle bustle of town.

Its an old building which is now in a serious need of repair and sprucing up. We were told that form March this year they will take up the major renovation works at resort.

Surprisingly they have wheel chairs but no access to restaurant which is in first floor. That way not very friendly to elders and physically challenged people.
We traveled as a group of 11 with all age groups. Pool was fantastic and the view from pool is superb. all rooms have windows towards east and one can enjoy real good view of Sunrise. Our ground floor rooms opened directly into the pool side and it was great.
Food here was pretty good. We had some special requirements for food and chef and F&B team was very cooperative. They have Buffet breakfast and dinner which is very good.
Only suggestion is to add some more local dishes in menu and also add some more variety for vegetarians as how long can one keep eating Paneer?

Rooms were very nice and spacious and clean.

Date of stay: January 2020
TheLemonTreeHotels, Manager at Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, Kerala, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2020

Reviewed 12 January 2020

Travelled to Kerala to experience the much talked of beauty of the backwaters. We were warmly welcomed to Lemon Tree by a great team. They were caring and understanding. The reassured us of our stay plans and what we could go visit nearby.

Whilst the Hotel requires for much needed upgrades, the service of staff was impeccable. The manager on duty had shared that the hotel is due to undergo renovation in 2020 April. It’s a beautiful property and renovation to the rooms can only increase the beauty of it.

They have good houseboat on which we enjoyed a 5-hr day cruise. We were served one of the best meals and shown around the backwaters of Alleppy side. The rooms and facilities on board were clean and comfortable. December time it makes sense to take an AC houseboat.

The food at the resort was fresh and had a much better spread of food (then I had expected). There was great service. The staff are kind and polite. And everyone is willing to help, this makes up for the shortcomings of the fixtures or fit out of the hotel rooms.

We did have an opportunity to experience a Kerala massage. I wish the experience had been a little more comfortable. I wore my dress for the foot massage on the traditional neem wood table - unfortunately the oil left stains on my dress. Might recommend a change of gown for guests. Otherwise a very pleasant experience.

I would certainly like to visit this property once it has undergone renovation and enjoy their super hospitality again.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank A-HK B
TheLemonTreeHotels, Manager at Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, Kerala, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2020

Dear Guest

Our attempt at Lemon Tree is to ensure the hotel is fresh, crisp and clean and we have laid down our processes accordingly. We constantly monitor the wear and tear of our assets and are very prompt in addressing any maintenance issues. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations. We are re-looking at our standards to understand your feedback better.

Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, Kerala

~8,000 rooms. 79 hotels. 47 destinations.