See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 March 2016

The staff is very very friendly and they want to help you no matter what question you have. At breakfast, they ask you if you want coffee or not, they try to make everything ok for you, of course smiling and being very positive. The cleaning service is good, I have nothing to object, the bathroom was crystal clean!
As a disadvantage (I do not have a car) is the street that is not asphalted and because off the rain you get dirty really easy, but I think it is only a temporary problem. I want to come back to stay here because I am very happy with the service.

Staff-ul este foarte, foarte prietenos si dispus sa te ajute in orice nelamurire ai avea, iti ofera indrumari pentru orice ai avea nevoie. Dimineata, sunt foarte amabili si au grija sa te intrebe daca doresti cafea si de care, cum vrei sa o pregateasca, bineinteles cu zambetul pe bune si o atitudine foarte pozitiva. In ceea ce priveste sericiul de curatenie, nu pot puncta decat ca este foarte ok, baia stalucea.
Ca un dezavantaj este strada ce face conexiunea cu soseaua principala, care din pacate este neasfaltata si pe vreme ploioasa te murdaresti foarte repede.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2015

Visiting an unfamiliar city in a new country presents logistical and emotional challenges for many of us. The proprietor and staff of Pipera Pensiune Restaurant provided me a comfortable, reliable, pleasant hotel and restaurant for my week-long stay in the Bucharest area.

I was visiting for business in the Pipera area of northeast Bucharest, and lodging in the area is limited. I was fortunate, indeed, to find a non-smoking, locally-owned hotel and restaurant for my stay. The pricing is very reasonable, and the staff is attentive to both creating a welcoming environment and addressing any requests quickly and completely. For example, my request for an iron, an extra towel, and other items was very quick, and the quaint aspect of them setting up the iron in the common room for my use was unexpected, but beneficial, too.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough for any visitor to the area, especially those who prefer to stay away from smoking, which is widely practiced in Romania.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2015

This is our second time at Pensiunea Pipera, and that speaks for itself. We would not stay anywhere else, because no other place in Bucharest can offer you the cleanliness and comfort that this family-owned hotel can give you. The first time we stayed there for 10 days in 2013. Now, after 2 years, we came to Romania again and we stayed for 11 days. We have relatives in Romania but would not stay with them. This place is the cleanest, safest and most comfortable. Their food is very healthy and cooked from scratch with natural, quality vegetables and meats. The lines, rugs, floor, carpets are so clean that you will not want to stay anywhere else. It is ls also a fully non-smoking place. Very large rooms. We rented an apartment (2 rooms for 3 people) and our apartment bathroom had a bidet. The only problem: you may not want to go back home. :-) You may become spoiled. We arrived very jet-lagged (we live in the USA) and they always understood us and gladly accommodated us. We loved every day, every night, every meal. The cuisine is excellent. We hope to stay here every time we come to Romania. This was a family trip. One of us is Romanian, another American and another Italian.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Lorenzo Luca A
Reviewed 13 April 2015

A group from England stayed for a long weekend or a week. Diane our hostess is lovely. She couldn't be more helpful, especially when we came in on a bank holiday evening and a group of 18 wanted to eat. She rustled up pasta for everyone. We also had a traditional Romanian meal over Easter. The small outside area was great for sitting and chatting and indoors some of the rooms are huge. Recommend the apartments for a bit more room and a balcony that is a sun trap. We loved it!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank sue w
Reviewed 14 September 2014

Pensiunea Pipera is (in Romanian) "extraordinar".
I have been there 3 times (May/13, July/13, and March/14), all business trips, and stayed a total of 49 days.
They have a good variety of Food that is homemade and tastes amazing. The service is the "icing on the cake" (never have had such a good treatment in any hotel). Bedrooms are spacious, extremely clean and well decorated. The place is safe and calm. It is well localized in my opinion - 20 min by car from downtown and 15min to the airport.
Finally, I wish every town had a hotel like Pensiunea Pipera.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business