“Better than Home”
Review of Casa Baden-Powell

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morelia
Casa Baden-Powell
Chciago
“Better than Home”
Reviewed 4 September 2008

I stayed at the Baden-Powell apartments in July 2008 and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I loved this centrally located, quiet, roomy, modern, and clean apartment. The owners, Eugenio and Gabriel Cortes, are friendly, responsive, and meticulous about every detail, ensuring that your stay is comfortable and problem free. The furniture was clearly chosen with great care, and I appreciated the amenities like the filtered water and cable TV. The kitchen has every appliance you could need and is stocked with plenty of dishes and cooking utensils. All you need to do is bring home your groceries from the Republica or Independencia market! My favorite part of the apartment was the upstairs terrace, which is a tranquil respite from the city's activity.

From the location of these apartments, you can easily walk to any of Morelia's numerous restaurants, shops, or attractions. I adore the city because it is still largely undiscovered by Americans, and there is a free cultural event nearly every day. While you're staying at the Baden-Powell apartments you should definitely consider taking Spanish classes at Gabriel and Eugenio's language school, which is just around the corner. I have studied at two other language schools in Mexico and Baden-Powell is by far the best. In fact, I liked it so much I went twice. The school is professionally run, the teachers are well trained, and the administration makes sure you are in a class appropriate to your level. Above all, the whole staff is friendly--I enjoyed returning to the school and feeling known.

• Stayed July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kentucky
Reviewed 5 June 2008

I have been very impressed with the quality of instruction at the Baden Powell Institute on the 3 occasions that I studied Spanish there. The last time that I attended the school in May 2008, I stayed at one of their apartments. I found that the quality and care I experienced at the school, was duplicated at the apartments. When I arrived late in the evening, Gabriel escorted me to the apartment. I found it to be neat and very clean, with everything I needed to have a nice stay. I was also surprized to find some special extras that really impressed me. The apartments are centrally located in a very beautiful city, and the owners are responsive to your needs, and will do everything possible to make your stay there a pleasant one.

The next time I visit Morelia, I will certainly request to stay at the Baden Powell apartments again.

• Liked — very clean, responsive owners, centrally located
  • Disliked — nothing....everything was great
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank peregrino2005
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 7 March 2008

I stayed in the Baden-Powell apartments for 4 weeks. They are very clean, spacious and centrally located. The owners [ brothers, Gabriel and Eugene Cortes ] have a bottle of wine, a fruit basket and a vase of fresh flowers awaiting each new visitor. They are very customer oriented and have their clients best interests at heart.

My apartment included a living/dining room, kitchen, bedroom and bath. My bedroom has a king size bed, firm and comfortable. The bathroom includes an all tiled shower with a skylight. The kitchen comes with tableware, dishes, food processor, toaster, etc. All apartments have maid service on Wednesdays.
Also….wi-fi/ internet….cable tv/ witth a few gringo channels….the tv is a LCD… with remote.

Baden-Powell apartments are located downtown Morelia in the Centro Historico district which is a 6 short block walk to De Caterdral and many excellent restaurants. Morelia is a safe city and the area where the apartment is located is very safe

I travel internationally, mainly Europe, Asia and Latin America. Frankly, this is one of the best values I have ever found.

You may be interested to know that the Cortes brothers own and run the Baden-Powell language school in Morelia. One block from the apartments. They are considered to be one of Mexico's finest language schools. I took classes during the month of January and I totally agree with that assessment.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank kirkwall