New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Churchton, Maryland
“Bait and switch!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

The room you get arent the ones in the picture and the service was like shopping in the ghetto. They treat you like you are an inmate. The management is even worse.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank CrookedIGuy
daysspringfield, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Sir, the room you booked with us was a standard king size room. All of our rooms are viewable online. When you asked my staff about the Suite with a whirlpool tub they did inform you it was in fact one of our suites and was just a different rate. The room was open that night and you would have been welcome to change rooms if you preferred.

The comments about "treating you like an inmate" & "management being worse"; I am not sure how it is you felt treated like an inmate because my staff took you towels when you asked and answered all of your questions. Also, my staff made mention when you inquired about the suite that you were nice and friendly about it, so I don't understand where the disgust comes from.

No one in management has spoken with you so I apologize if you are assuming you had. Again, no one is ever forced to stay in a room. I wouldn't work for a property that doesn't treat people kindly and with respect.

We are well aware things will go wrong at times but that doesn't mean as a business you throw your hands up in the air and give up or don't appropriately take care of someone dissatisfied. What I don't understand is why you seemingly made no attempt to let us know, so we CAN help you. It is our mission to do so, all you have to do is let us.

Regards,

Lori Terry
FOM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Red Bank, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

They didnt have the room my g/f and I reserved. We didn't think this at the time but luckily the girl at the front desk was lazy and wouldn extend our stay and told us to do it online.(I'm glad she did that because they don't give refunds and I wouldn't of wanted to stay longer) The rats in the ceiling kept us up all night and I'm sure contributed to the nightmares we had. The room was intensly dirty. I never walked around without something on my feet. There was black stuff all over the toilet and hair in the tub. We ended up cleaning the bathroom oursleves. The corners of the room had a thick layer of gross. There was semen or hand lotion on the curtains. Some guy was screaming obsenties at people over the phone all day into the night starting around 9am and ending around 12am. Definitly won't be staying here again. Try the best western in concordville its only like 10 bucks more and is way worth it.

Room Tip: The only place in this area of PA I have enjoyed is the best western in concordville. I"ve been...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank matt d

Travellers are raving about these Springfield - Delaware County hotels

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

They are very lucky their rooms are clean, because they have outdated, TVs, and furniture. Room design door keys, door locks and catches (my door lock was stuck) It wouldn’t lock unless I pushed the door in or slammed it hard.Their wireless internet connection sucks. It was slow, poor range and requires a complicated password. I was just in a 2 hotels In Dec and January less than half an hour away and they didn’t need any password. All you had to do was simply "accept” and you were into the web just like that. It helps with you are using an internet tablet with a touch screen, don’t it?

I was reading some people on here complaining about the lack of generosity with towels so I decided to test them to see if they were telling the truth on it. Yep it’s true. I asked for a couple extra towels a few hours after I checked in and employee who looked like an asian-indian they gave me some song –and-dance about that they already “had 3" in the room. Another reviewer said it’s more like a “motel” Yep-yep ditto. We could do better for the price.

I don’t require or desire any responses from the Days Inn manager, or representative to my review on here like you did to everyone else who gave this motel a poor review.. There’s no point in trying to deny it or apologize regarding my experience. Don’t waste your time. Everything I said is true. Just update the rooms, doors, wifi, and service and then we’ll have nothing to complain about -especially those doors, I nearly hurt my shoulder trying to get my door to lock right.).

Thanks,John

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank LandAgentDunbar
As you have every right to post a review the hotel is respectfully declining your request to not respond to this. The reason why is that it is important to us as a hotel, and to you our guest, to let you know that this information is valuable to us. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay and that you had a bad experience. I want to address some of the issues;

Based on your review I contacted the wireless Internet provider to have them do a search to see if there are any issues they could find with the service they are provided based on a blind search. If we aren't made aware of a problem when a guest is here it is hard to correct once they have left. Regardless, the Internet service has been upgraded and seems to be running fantastic. We had no complaints so we did our best as an overall upgrade.

In regards to needing to use a password to get online. We have to protect our bandwidth due to our location in a suburban area, also next door to a Best Buy. I am sure you can imagine if we didn't that it would run very poorly due to capacity issues. That is why we have to use a code. We provide it to any of our guests and haven't had a complaint prior to this of it being difficult or complicated. Most people seem to understand, but regardless we are sorry it was an issue for you.

I wish you would have let us know while you were here that you had a problem with your door as I have zero way of knowing what door it was that may need servicing. All of our doors are updated and are industry standard with electronic locks. I'm not sure how else we can improve upon them at this point.

Overall, again I apologize and have been able to take some of this review and correct some would be problems. Thank you for your compliment on our clean rooms and feedback and know we have made needed changes. If you ever have any issues in the future it is important to let the staff know while you are here, so we can help.

Regards,

Lori Terry
FOM
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

We usually stay at the hotels around the airport when we are up visiting family in the Philadelphia area. At the recommendation of a friend we chose to stay here at The Days Inn which is only 2 miles from our family! We are so happy we did! The staff was super friendly and the rooms are clean and affordable. Being that we were visiting family, we were really only in the room long enough to sleep, but it was still a great relief to only have a short drive back and forth in a very safe surrounding area! There are many great restaurants and shopping areas very close to the hotel! We will definitely stay at this hotel whenever we come up to visit several times a year! It sure beats the overpriced hotels near the airport, where you have to drive through “death and danger” to get to and from my family’s home.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sunnyaprildawn
Takoma Park, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here the night of December 1st 2011. We were in town for a show at Tower Theater, which was about a 15 minute/$20 cab ride away. It was considerably cheaper than staying closer to the venue, so the cab ride was totally worth it. The ladies who checked us in and out were extremely friendly -- really above and beyond what you'd expect at a chain motel. Our single queen room on the ground floor was pretty small, but everything was clean, functional and comfortable. The heater started making some weird noises in the middle of the night, but thankfully it stopped pretty quickly. My boyfriend had a lot of trouble connecting to the wireless, but it wasn't clear if that was just his device, or the network itself. We didn't have a chance to check out the restaurant. I would certainly recommend this spot for anyone coming into town for a show at the Tower, who doesn't want to spend an arm and leg staying in University City.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
7.2 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University
6.1 km away
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport

Been to Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK