“Rafting was awesome ”

Exploradores Outdoors
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in San Pedro
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The Transport was good organizied, breakfast was standard but good, instructions on the way and funny, the ride on the river was pretty cool. The Lunch was also very good. I would defenetly recommend that Tour.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"dry season"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I went on the rafting tour Monday March 25th with my son. The rafting trip was amazing and William, the guide was beyond excellent and super funny also. After the rafting trip, we were dropped off at our hotel in Puerto Viejo. Because of the great experience, we decided to zipline with Exploradores and that was excellent as well. When I got back to California on Sunday April 1st, i was sad to realize the rafting trip pictures were not correct, I immediately emailed, Exploradores, they immediately responded and they were able to locate the correct file and sent me a picture to confirm. I am so happy to say, the entire file will be sent to me shortly. Exploradores gets 5 stars and two thumbs up from me in every department, customer service, punctuality, response time, experience, guides, drivers, i couldn't ask for anything more and when I return to Costa Rica, I will definitely book my adventures through them.

1  Thank ameerahtucker
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This was my third time on the Rio Pacuare and this by far was the best! I have taken students for all 3 trips and this year we used Exploradores. The guides, which make a huge difference, made the trip memorable and fun for all. Ninja, William, Mula, Yonder and Luis made this trip the best two days on any river I have ever had.i highly recommend this company but more specifically these guides.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We booked the Pacuare River rafting day trip. Our guide Noel Leon was very informative and safe. He was an excellent guide and really made the experience fun.

We shot several rapids, had a great lunch and we were delivered to our next destination.

Overall, it was a great way to get from San José to Puerto Viejo, Talamanca

See more reviews
A TripAdvisor Member
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We did the transfer from Tortuguero to Arenal, with a half day rafting included. We were amazed at how well the pieces fell together - not a single hitch. We started with a boat transfer to a taxi shuttle to a coffee shop, where we waited only a few moments before being picked up by the Exploradores van. Miguel, the guide in the van and on our raft, was so friendly and happy to point out sights as we drove. Once we arrived, we were given a delicious buffet breakfast before our rafting. Rafting itself was a BLAST. Even though it was the dry season and lower water, it was still exciting and Miguel made it a blast. The scenery is gorgeous, and we were encouraged to jump in to cool off periodically. Lunch was served picnic-style before we continued down the river, through rapids, gorges, and rainforest. Once we finished, they took us in a van to La Fortuna and dropped us off where we requested. So for $50 more than a basic shuttle from Tortuguero to La Fortuna, we got 2 meals and a day of fun on the river. Totally worth it!!