Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews pool bar every night eden shuttle cuisine guys dogs wine
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2018

We booked Eden Resort Country & Spa, Ugento Italy a few months ago, through voyage prive, for June 2018. As my partner is not a big drinker, we choose the “light all-inclusive option, as I think for the full all inclusive it was another few hundred pounds each.

We arrived at 1am after flight delays etc and the 1.5-hour journey from the airport to the hotel (cost 100 euros, one way) we were looking forward to a nice cup of tea, but there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room. We were entitled to a “welcome drink” which we didn’t get, but I would have thought surely, they would have had the forsight to just leave us a bottle of water. Luckily, we had a bottle with us so it wasn’t a major problem. The room itself was very modern and clean as was the bathroom. The hot water was only just about warm for the first two nights and then they must have turned up the temperature as it was fine after that. There are no mattress protectors under the sheet, which again would be beneficial to them as those mattresses won’t stay clean for too long. The TV in the rooms only show Italian programmes, nothing in English.

The resort itself was beautiful and as a previous review mentioned, and has so much more potential. While we were there, they seemed to be getting ready for the summer season. One review mentioned algae in the pool, but the pool was spotless. The pool bar was full of cobwebs, but after a few days they cleaned it up and put a young guy there serving ice tea etc. They were putting on evening lights, which they hadn’t done in the first few days we were there, so your holiday could depend on what time of year you go. There was no evening entertainment, just recorded piano music, which drove us mad. Mosquitoes were also a nuisance so take your sprays.
There is a light all inclusive option, or a full all-inclusive option and this is where the problems started. So, the light all-inclusive option, only includes some cheap tasting wine at meal times. If we wanted water in jugs at mealtimes that was free, but if we wanted bottled water to take to the pool, there is a charge for that. There is a very very small bar there, with a couple of bottles of spirits, but we would have had to pay for them anyway. The bar seemed closed most of the time. The light A.I. option does not include transfers to the beach in the hotel courtesy bus. That will cost another 80 euros. For both A.I. options, you get your 3 meals a day and that’s it. There is no afternoon tea, or someone providing snacks throughout the day, you just get your 3 meals a day. There isn’t a 24- hour service, in fact, there isn’t a telephone in the room. A couple we met on the full A.I. were very angry to find out they would have to pay for the ice-creams they had eaten during their stay. They aren’t included in the all-inclusive option. I never tried the spa, but I saw the newly polished nails from one of the guests, she wasn’t impressed, and I am glad I didn’t waste my money.

The food was average. Breakfast consisted off a choice of 2 cereals, a few yogurt options, one choice of bread for toast, a plate of cheese and ham or a choice of around 10/12 pastries. Did I forgot to mention fruit, slices of melon and watermelon. There are no eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes. Quite often there was never any cold milk out and you had to go searching for someone to help. Very disappointed as I love eggs for breakfast. You pre-order your lunch and main meals and to be honest we had no idea what we were ordering. Although there was a translation Italian to English on the menu, it was very vague. The side dishes were pretty much the same every day and the same for lunch/dinner, although they did vary the odd thing. If you are a dessert lover, forget it. One choice of deserts in the evening and I noticed if they didn’t all get eaten in one night, you had the leftovers the next night as well.

As for the staff, they speak very little English, as I speak very little Italian, but if I was managing the hotel, surely you would have someone on shift who can translate. After all, you are paying for a service. Although the staff may smile, we didn’t find them particularly friendly. Possibly the language barrier, I don’t know. The caretaker Muhammad was great though and he was the only person that sat down with us and talked to us.

Under the right management this could be a thriving business and we did see the manager on several occasions, who I would have thought would have mingled with guests, but unfortunately not. Maybe they need to re-think their policies and question why the hotel is half empty. The potential is there.

This is an honest review of our experience but as they seem to be getting ready for summer, I guess it is quite possible they could now start producing snacks during the day, or open the bar, I don’t know, but I would suggest to check your booking and check your All-inclusive options and what exactly you are getting for your money. To me it seemed very little.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank sueB9898XE
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Very clean rooms but boring and simple. The bed was very uncomfortable it was two single mattresses pushed next to each other. Plesent hotel manager who spoke good English. But that was the only good thing about the hotel. The pool was covered in green algae not sure if this was because we went early in the season, but not what you’d expect from any hotel for price we paid. We got all inclusive and the food was so bad we ate out every time. The hotel itself has a lot of potential,it’s a very beautiful resort with good facilities, just certain parts of the experience was disappointing.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ktmurrphy
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We were at this property for a week, greeted by a amazing staff, and we were blown away by everything. The rooms are furnished with modern style boutique furniture and equipped with every comport: bath and very large shower. We did full board very well by eating both breakfast and dinner. In particular the breakfast was very generous and varied as well as dinner where we could enjoy delicious appetizers and side dishes and tasty followed a choice of three starters and three main addition fruit and cake in abundance. All products were of excellent and high quality. Also the preparation of buffets and tables were well cared for and nice and professional courteous waiters. Being a resort there was no entertainment but every evening was accompanied by the pleasant presence of the bar or chatting poolside piano. Exceptional evenings of San Lorenzo and August with a lot of fireworks. I do not understand and do not agree with some rare controversy under reviews read. The engineering and architecture of this resort is a professional designers dream!. Guys continue so that you will have a great success !!! Special mention to Angelica Margari who made our stay the best experience of Italy for a non Italian but made us feel like family, she was amazing!!
Ciao

Room tip: I couldn't faulty any room as we had a big party, everybody was extremely happy with their accommodation!!!!
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mickysayid
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Lovely "not expensive" family run resort!!
Four of us (two adult one child and a baby ) enjoyed our stay in Eden for the week.
The hotel was brand new with a very nice contemporary furnished style room. Firstly the good points and one niggle: the rooms were very clean and had everything you could need for your stay.
Housekeeping, restaurant-staff were fabulous very polite and nothing was too much to ask.
Awesome chef!!!
Stand out for this hotel has been Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and the baby food corner!!
The beautiful pool was great for children, max height 5 ft.
The niggle is a no wi-fi rooms!!
A shuttle to the 5 minutes drive took to the beautiful beach, (please provide a decent fresh water shower).
Special thanks to the driver a very nice hard worker guy!!
I definitely consider a visit again!!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2015

I have just returned from my holidays, that I spent in Eden resort country and spa with my husband. And what can I say about this place? I absolutely love it! The hotel is very nice. We had very comfortable and clean room with the super modern shower in the bathroom. The territory of the hotel is big and green, there is very very beautiful swimming pool. The staff is very nice and polite, all time was ready to help us. Very important thing that there were people who speak English. And the best thing I left for the end of my review... Food!!! Absolutely amazing! Everyday there were seafood, meet, fish, different first dish. I think I tried all, everything was very delicious. I highly recommend to visit this place!

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ANGELICA MARGARI, Proprietario at Eden Resort Country & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2020

Thank you so much for your rewiev.
I hope we can have you back soon. Have a good life
Cheers