“Another fun night at ACRE!”
Review of Acre

Acre
Price range: US$ 45 - US$ 65
Description: Breakfast 8am-12 pm, Lunch 12-3pm Mon-Friday, Dinner Daily 5-10pm, Brunch 10am-3pm Saturday & Sunday. Happy Hour 5-7pm Daily. Acre is a 25 acre piece of farmland situated 7 minutes from the quaint, scenic, "old town" of San Jose del Cabo. The first phase of the development is a restaurant and bar set within a natural palm grove. Five acres of organic crops will provide fresh produce and ingredients for the restaurant and bar. The grounds are lush, with pathways and other points of interest such as mango and citrus orchards. Parking for 80 vehicles will be provided at the southern entrance to the property. A separate event space for behind the restaurant will accommodate and cater to larger groups of up to 250.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Celebrating special event and a dive trip, returned to ACRE for another spectacular dinner aided by the lovely and charming Brittne, who made the four of us feel very much at home. This place has a very cool vibe with a mix of fun couples that enjoy adventure and fine dining. Laid back, with great service, this gem has it all -- from lunch to weddings (how cool is this place for the ultimate CABO wedding?!) Check out the tree houses-- just ask Brittne...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Heard all the great reviews so we went here instead of Flora Farms for our “Farm To Table” experience. Big mistake...Huge. The place looked lovely - lots of lush plants and concrete and very dim lighting. It all went downhill from there. The music was very loud throughout the place. It was electronic dance music (oontz, oontz, thump-thump-thump) that seemed more fitting for a dance club. Not the farm to table ambience we expected, but whatever. Ordered the famous margaritas, which were good, but not much better than we had anywhere else, just more expensive and with a sprig of thyme (straight from the garden!!!) Service was friendly, but very slow. Food was mediocre at best. The fried tomatoes (from the garden!!!) were drenched in oil and heavy batter; seared tuna was not very warm (had it been sitting around?) and the steak was certainly not worthy of the $75 it cost. The short rib cube was tasty, but swimming in grease. At this point, we were tired of the loud thumping music, had enough of the overrated and overpriced food, so we paid our bill and began walking out. A young man (maybe a host but we weren’t sure) approached my husband. The guy was dressed in very short, very tight denim shorts with suspenders, a tight short sleeved shirt unbuttoned down to his mid-chest, and sneakers. (Think Freddie Mercury meets Pinocchio.). He’d been walking around the restaurant all night, didn’t seem to be doing much. Any way, the three of us were taken aback by this guy’s appearance (hugely inappropriate for an upscale eating establishment) and the fact that he was following my husband quite closely. He was literally whispering distance from my husband and my husband just stopped and stepped back. He said something to my husband, and my husband just told him that we were leaving. The guy inquired as to where we were going (?) and my husband then told him “back to our hotel!” And we left shortly after that. Just a very strange, hugely disappointing experience for us all round.

1  Thank CaliKitty
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are after an ambiance and into how your pictures will look on FB then sure, do visit! If you also want to eat well.... then maybe you should find another place. Hyped fried tomatoes..? way too fried, bread crumbs obscure the taste. same goes to fish and dessert... Overall we don't regret going but would not repeat the experience and would not suggest as a destination, way too touristy for us.

Date of visit: November 2018
romali7, Public Relations Manager at Acre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Marina,

thank you for your visit and for your review. We appreciate your feedback and take it seriously, and always work on improving! Los Cabos definitely is a popular tourist destination because of its beauty, and many fantastic activities, but there are many spots off the beaten track as well that are appealing to travelers who want to explore Los Cabos more than from its usual route. We hope you give us and Los Cabos another chance and explore the unspoiled beauties of Baja.

With our best regards,
Romana & The entire Acre team

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We arrived after dark and what a beautiful setting. The lighting and decor are beautiful. The food was fantastic and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a gourmet meal.

Date of visit: October 2018

Dear Michelle,

thank you so much for your visit and for taking the time to share about your experience with us! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your Acre experience, and look forward to welcoming you back soon! Next time you visit, come before sunset, so you can see our little animals, our rescue donkeys Burrito, Merlin, and Rasputin, dwarf goats, peacocks, and puppies; as well as the rest of property with our lush landscaping, treehouses, villas, and mango orchard.

Warm regards from Acre,
Romana & the entire Acre team

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Beautiful restaurant, especially in the evening! I was so looking forward to this experience. I ordered catch of day for dinner and two hours after we left, I spent the next 15 hours vomiting non stop. I was with two others, we all ate the same, with the exception of the fish. My friends did not get sick. I do have to admit that I was slightly underwhelmed by first look at the dinner menu and thought the few bites I took of my friends' meals were mediocre. I won't be back for food but possibly for a drink should I be up in San Jose Del Cabo again.

2  Thank GreggS18
romali7, Public Relations Manager at Acre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Greg,

First of all, thank you for visiting Acre! We are very sorry to hear that your experience was not as you expected, and as we created it to be. Please accept our apologies, and feel free to contact us through FB or Instagram next time you are in Los Cabos. We'd love to make it up to you, and show you the Acre experience how we intended it to be.

With our best regards,