“Beautiful place in lush gardens, mediocre food.....”
Review of Acre

Acre
Price range: US$ 45 - US$ 65
Description: Breakfast 8am-12 pm, Lunch 12-3pm Mon-Friday, Dinner Daily 5-10pm, Brunch 10am-3pm Saturday & Sunday. Happy Hour 5-7pm Daily. Acre is a 25 acre piece of farmland situated 7 minutes from the quaint, scenic, "old town" of San Jose del Cabo. The first phase of the development is a restaurant and bar set within a natural palm grove. Five acres of organic crops will provide fresh produce and ingredients for the restaurant and bar. The grounds are lush, with pathways and other points of interest such as mango and citrus orchards. Parking for 80 vehicles will be provided at the southern entrance to the property. A separate event space for behind the restaurant will accommodate and cater to larger groups of up to 250.
Reviewed 9 November 2018

If you are after an ambiance and into how your pictures will look on FB then sure, do visit! If you also want to eat well.... then maybe you should find another place. Hyped fried tomatoes..? way too fried, bread crumbs obscure the taste. same goes to fish and dessert... Overall we don't regret going but would not repeat the experience and would not suggest as a destination, way too touristy for us.

Date of visit: November 2018
romali7, Public Relations Manager at Acre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2018

Dear Marina,

thank you for your visit and for your review. We appreciate your feedback and take it seriously, and always work on improving! Los Cabos definitely is a popular tourist destination because of its beauty, and many fantastic activities, but there are many spots off the beaten track as well that are appealing to travelers who want to explore Los Cabos more than from its usual route. We hope you give us and Los Cabos another chance and explore the unspoiled beauties of Baja.

Romana & The entire Acre team

Reviewed 7 November 2018

We arrived after dark and what a beautiful setting. The lighting and decor are beautiful. The food was fantastic and I would recommend this to anyone looking for a gourmet meal.

Date of visit: October 2018

Dear Michelle,

thank you so much for your visit and for taking the time to share about your experience with us! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your Acre experience, and look forward to welcoming you back soon! Next time you visit, come before sunset, so you can see our little animals, our rescue donkeys Burrito, Merlin, and Rasputin, dwarf goats, peacocks, and puppies; as well as the rest of property with our lush landscaping, treehouses, villas, and mango orchard.

Warm regards from Acre,
Romana & the entire Acre team

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Beautiful restaurant, especially in the evening! I was so looking forward to this experience. I ordered catch of day for dinner and two hours after we left, I spent the next 15 hours vomiting non stop. I was with two others, we all ate the same, with the exception of the fish. My friends did not get sick. I do have to admit that I was slightly underwhelmed by first look at the dinner menu and thought the few bites I took of my friends' meals were mediocre. I won't be back for food but possibly for a drink should I be up in San Jose Del Cabo again.

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank GreggS18
romali7, Public Relations Manager at Acre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Greg,

First of all, thank you for visiting Acre! We are very sorry to hear that your experience was not as you expected, and as we created it to be. Please accept our apologies, and feel free to contact us through FB or Instagram next time you are in Los Cabos. We'd love to make it up to you, and show you the Acre experience how we intended it to be.

Romana & The entire Acre team

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

My experience at acre was like nowhere else I've been before. The perfect blend of nostalgia and novelty, a place where you feel like you've been before but with a unique twist. With countless activities that activate your inner child (table tennis and giant Jenga) it feels a bit like a sophisticated adult sleep away camp (but with amazing cuisine and impressive mezcal selection). The staff are warm and accommodating and it's easy to strike up conversations around the fire pit, making new friends from around the world. Highly recommended! It's difficult to explain, you have to go there to truly understand. Acre isn't a place, it's a feeling.

Date of visit: April 2018
romali7, Public Relations Manager at Acre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear Jessica,

Thank you so much for your visit and for taking the time to write about your experience here on Trip Advisor! Thank you for your beautiful words. I'm so happy your experience was unique and fabulous, just like we intended it to be!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Romana & Your friends at Acre

Reviewed 5 November 2018

My partner and I went to Acre to get out of the tourist-y Cabo scene and it did not disappoint. Rather than order off the menu, we opted for the prixe fixe tasting menu. If you do this, there is no actual menu of items for you to choose from, it's chef's choose and the ask you your food allergies and away we went! The food was absolutely divine with unexpected flavors. Service was phenomenal -- one of the best I've ever had -- and the scene was unlike anything I've ever experience. It was like we were eating in a tree house! I highly recommend Acre for dining while you are in Cabo San Lucas or San Jose. If you rent a car and drive yourself, opt for a larger size SUV - we were in a Chevy Beat and the back roads were tough to drive with our tiny little car. GO TODAY!

Date of visit: October 2018