“Great restaurant, all around”

Habanero's Gastro Grill
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 40
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Opened in October of 2004 by celebrity Chef F. Tadd Chapman, Habaneros Gastro Grill and Tequila bar has developed into one of San Jose del Cabo's most recognized restaurants among locals and tourists alike. Nestled behind a wall of eureka palms between San Jose's hotel zone and historic downtown, Habaneros blends the European style bistro with an eclectic "Mexican Fusion" menu all the while keeping things "Baja" Casual. In the fall of 2006 Tadd was joined by his mother, Christine Chapman to create a family operated restaurant with over 50 years of joint restaurant experience. After 4 years of satisfied clients the opportunity to expand to the adjoining local arose, and thus was born Habaneros Gastro Grill and Tequila Bar.
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

My wife saw a little quiet place out of the way as it was getting late and we needed a restaurant right away. We really lucked up. For starters, our waiter, Victor, was very attentive and a slick magician to boot. The kids couldn’t get enough of him. The menu was very eclectic and expertly executed. I Had some Crevalle Jack that had caught that day on a charter, and I wanted to see what the chef could do with it. After some translation, basically, brought to chef and left it to whatever he thought was best. Ceviche, sashimi, pesto spice, curry, pineapple mango, and blackened versions were all great showcases for the chef’s talent. Never had C Jack before, but the red colored fillets were mild and almost undistinguishable from ahi tuna. I can’t remember what the kids got, but there were no complaints...and they are usually picky eaters. My wife had a gluten-free pasta which she enjoyed as well. Great restaurant, all around, and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Great hidden gem, amazing food ,amazing staff ,reasonable prices ,servings were generous, we showed up twice for dinner without reservations and got a table,would probably recommend reservations as seems to be very popular.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in before going to the art walk in downtown. The service was impeccable from start to finish (an older very sweet gentleman took care of us and he was an absolute pleasure!). We started with the tuna tartare which was fresh and very well prepared. We happened to be there during happy hour and so I was able to enjoy 2 skinny margaritas for the price of one- and may I say the pricing was a steal and they use Jimador! I ordered the fish and shrimp tacos with a Greek salad as a side. It was absolutely delicious, perfectly cooked and an ideal portion size. My husband ordered the chicken tinga dish which was huge and delicious! Highly recommend this establishment to anyone in the area!

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

This was a short walk from our hotel and was a great lunch before shopping. .We sucked down the passion fruit margaritas far too quickly so we needed a second. My best friend and I shared the arugula salad and the asedero fried cheese dish. The only downside side was the salad did not have enough of the delicious goat cheese! So we will order it as a side when we go back because we can never have enough cheese. Our servers were very attentive and gave great service. We will be going back this trip. Prices were good minus the alcohol of course.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The bloody mary and bloody caesar were very disappointing but the food was tasty. The machaca and eggs was delicious and the eggs benedict were also good.