I want to help people fully understand Bel Air Resort in Cabo, and the things that you should be aware of before you book a stay at Bel Air. I would encourage you to read the other reviews if this is the first review your reading. You will notice that some people have glowing reviews while there are some that have several complaints. The Bulk of the complaints are from people that were placed in the "Old Building." I stayed in both the new and old building so I can tell you there is quite a difference. If you are placed in the new building you will love your stay. If you are placed in the old building than you will be disappointed.
Allow me to illustrate Bel Air Collection. Imagine you book a trip staying at the W hotel. Your excited to stay in a nice place (Hey you paid for it.) Little did you know that there is a Motel 6 right next door to The W Hotel. So the W Hotel buys the Motel 6 and slaps a sign on it that Says "W Hotel." You get your room and find that its not what you thought, its not the pictures that they advertise, it's not even the same building, put the pieces together and realize that they are trying to pull a fast one on you.
This is basically what they try to do with only some people, or in the busy season if the new building is too full than guess where the overflow goes to? That's right in the old building, the building that you didn't pay for. The old building was bought by Bel Air Collection, it used to be called Playa Del Sol. Here is the real issue, we called and emailed in advance to request to be put in the "new building" they told us this is only a request and you get what you get. So with that said, Why would you book a stay at a nice resort with even the slightest chance that they will stick you in a old, next to the highway totally different from the building you paid for? There are tons of resorts there, so why not pick a resort that you will for sure get what you pay for?
So how do you know that what I am saying is really legitimate? I will be posting pictures of the "Old building" AKA Playa Del Sol. Once you see the pictures than you can decide for yourself.
Also I believe that the old tripadvisor review for Playa Del Sol has been taken down, if you can find it online that may be informative as well for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Los Cabos is a hotel that offers a unique experience in a sophisticated atmosphere where the desert meets the Sea of Cortez. Visit one of the best hotels in Los Cabos and discover why it is one of the favorite destinations of the stars of Hollywood. The hotel has 97 luxurious rooms and suites spread over two buildings: The Tower "La Joya" and "Palmilla" tower. All rooms have a beautiful view of the stunning Sea of Cortez along with luxury amenities to make your stay pleasant at all times. Rooms with sea view Deluxe amenities in every room Unparalleled views of the Sea of Cortez Bel Air Los Cabos offers exclusive amenities that will make you feel at home at all times, the "Bel Air Delights" Some of these amenities are: Welcome Cool Amenitie Welcome cocktail Early Bird Breakfast View all Bel Air Delights The Bel Air Experiences offer the opportunity to travel under a concept of personalized service focusing on the little details. Bel Air Experiences: All Gourmet Experience All Romance Experience All Spa Experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Playa Del Sol Los Cabos
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo