15 people are viewing this hotel
$266
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
travelup.com
$259
Agoda.com
$220
eDreams$266
Hurb$273
FindHotel$326
2,845 results
All reviews bedroom villa javier's restaurant full kitchen swim up bar serenity pool time share san jose timeshare presentation sales pitch ocean view rip tides cab ride lounge chairs tacos kids pool fitness center beautiful property
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 August 2019

First the good news; the staff (always friendly and helpful) and property were great. Based on availability, they actually gave us an upgrade to the top floor with an ocean view - it was awesome! The different pools and swim up bar are great as well. The pricing is reasonable given the quality of the resort and services. We have stayed at some of the top resorts in Cabo over the last 20+ years and I am happy to say Cabo Azul is a solid contender for families. There is one real shining star at the resort - Angel Sandoval. He is a rock star and provided us with exceptional, five-star service!
Now the bad news. Lock your valuables or don't bring them. I brought a watch that had sentimental value - my first mistake. Sadly I did not lock it in the safe but rather a secret pocket in my travel backpack - my second mistake. Without blame, I can only assume housekeeping stole it. I promise I did not lose it! Sad that we cannot trust housekeeping - it ruined the experience. Period. I did get an email from the front desk manager and front office manager saying that the missing watch is being looked into. Even Angel emailed me and said he would follow up and that is not his responsibility. Nothing from the general manager though. I am out a $$ watch. The stealing leaves a bad taste. I wish they had more Angel Sandoval's working there.
A final note, the front office manager was nice enough to offer us a substantive discount should decide to return. We will see.

Room tip: The higher level roooms offer best views. there is construction next door so be aware. Finally, lock your valuables.
1  Thank ChrisV3335
Sebastien_Arnaud, Gerente at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for your comments. It was a great pleasure to have the opportunity to speak with you on the phone. Once again, I would like to offer my most sincere apologizes and as I mentioned we would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Resort in a near future.

Sebastien Arnaud

Reviewed 28 August 2019 via mobile

It’s very beautiful and relaxing here. Has everything you would need right at your fingertips. Only item of note is that some things aren’t exactly as described (for example ATM is not on property , but is next door outside property gate—still easily accessible). Overall a very good choice! We’re having a blast!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Rachel C
Sebastien_Arnaud, Gerente at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased to hear that you are having a fabulous getaway and we hope you continue enjoying the Resort amenities. Concerning your comments about the ATM location, I would like to confirm that indeed is on our premises, just located in the limits with the neighbor Resort.

Cordially,

Sebastien Arnaud

Reviewed 27 August 2019

We just got home from a week at Cabo Azul. It is a beautiful resort. The staff are all super friendly and go above and beyond to make sure your stay is pleasant. The pools are awesome, the pool chairs are really comfy with a nice thick pad and teri cloth cover. Towels are replaced constantly on empty chairs so you don't have to go to a towel shack to get towels. The grounds are immaculate. Food at the restaurants are very good. We had a 3 bedroom penthouse and it was huge, plenty of room for 6 people. Nice pool and ocean views from our huge patio The beds were comfortable and the kitchen was well equipped. My only complaint was that the living room furniture (couch) and patio furniture were not very comfortable to relax on. They were beautiful and aesthetically made for a grand impression, but not the most practical. But other than that, we had no complaints. They have a really nice fitness center! We will definitely stay here again and will highly recommend it.

2  Thank Renee T
Diamond R, Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide this thoughtful review! We are happy that you had an enjoyable stay and can't wait to welcome you back next time! -HN

Reviewed 26 August 2019 via mobile

The flor de noche swim up bar had amazing service. Sergio, Ismael, and the rest of the staff made us feel like we were at home. Drinks, food, and service really lived up to my very very high expectations. I would highly recommend this resort to anybody

3  Thank davidaT3811KH
Diamond R, Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2019

Thanks for the amazing feedback David! Were happy our team was able to contribute in presenting you an amazing vacation. See you soon!

Reviewed 25 August 2019

We came here on our honeymoon & it was the perfect place to be. We were able to relax & enjoy the services of the hotel, the different pools, room service (delicious food & always prompt), swim up bar, and bar in the lobby. Plus the restaurants here taste incredible! We loved hanging out at Flor De Noche & talking with the bar tenders there. Make sure you ask for Efraín, Ismael, or Sergio! The three of them are really great, but truly all of the bar tenders were! All of the staff were actually extremely welcoming and held great conversations. Each of them always remembered us by name which always makes you feel good. Room service was always so nice & much appreciated considering we relaxed a lot of the time. We did get rained in from some excursions while here, apparently it was the first rain of the year. And it really poured. But while it rained it was really great to be able to still have things to do here at the resort while we wandered. Everything here is so clean, neat & professional. I would recommend over and over again! We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Trip740940
Diamond R, Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2019

Thank you for the fantastic review! We are ecstatic you had an extraordinary vacation, and that our attentive staff contributed to that.We cannot wait for your next fabulous visit.