My wife and I visit Mexico 6-8 times a year now that we have more time, We most frequently visit Cabo because we belong to Diamante Los Cabos. In the winter we like to come mid-week and stay at properties in San Jose or Cabo San Lucas.
Several years ago we booked at Hyatt Ziva in December but by the time we traveled it had been destroyed by the hurricane. We vowed to try again when it was back in service. So we booked January 2018.
We've stayed at many all-inclusive resorts both in Cabo and Riveria Maya. I would rate most of them as just average. While they have lots of fun activities, everything else is just average. We rate the Hyatt Ziva as number 1. We liked everything about it, other than the alcohol.
The workout facility is awesome. We enjoyed the food. When we read reviews here we were confused about the mix of reviews. In our case, we enjoyed the Italian restaurant the most.
The pools are very nice. The coffee shop is great for a morning Latte.
The one thing that sets Hyatt Ziva apart more than anything else is the staff. It would really be difficult to have a bad day after spending time with any of them. In Mexico, almost every resort we have visited will say "welcome home." We experience it at Diamante where we have known many of the staff for several years. We had the same feeling at Hyatt Ziva. The professional staff all make a genuine special effort to make you feel like family. Other reviews have mentioned many names and if you are considering a visit, I recommend writing down the names and then making an effort to find each one.
For us, our morning started at the coffee shop and then the Mexican Buffet breakfast. Each morning we were greeted by Margarita, Jennifer, and Alejandra. They will have you smiling the rest of the day!
So, in a nutshell, we liked everything about Hyatt Ziva other than the mixed drinks. But, what we loved about the resort and what will bring us back again were the people who made our stay memorable. They are awesome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most majestic peninsulas in the world and offering spectacular views of the Sea of Cortes, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious all inclusive oasis of sophistication and comfort. This magnificent beachfront resort is minutes from beautiful downtown San Jose del Cabo and features plush accommodations, impressive amenities, impeccable service and is just minutes from the international airport. Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a unique, all inclusive experience that offers a myriad of activities from fine dining options at six a la carte restaurants and two gourmet buffet restaurants, to unique spa treatments, children’s programming and nightly entertainment shows. Enjoy deep-water fishing, scuba diving, world-class golf and many more adventure activities nearby. Or, simply relax and soak up the sun in one of the resort’s five swimming pools and breathtaking beachfront. This luxury resort also features 35,000 square feet of meeting facilities and ideal locations combined with the special touch of event planners who will attend to every last detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Los Cabos Palace Deluxe Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Barcelo Hotel Los Cabos
- Barcelo Resort Los Cabos
- The Grand Baja
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo