6 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 30/06/21
Official HotelUS$ 386
PricelineUS$ 386
eDreamsUS$ 377
All reviews rooftop pool private beach recording studio borracho unique art restaurant downstairs hot tub flora farms san jose main restaurant fish tacos swimmable beach rented a car food and drinks swim up bar gonzo cabo
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 May 2021 via mobile

The perfect marriage of place and hospitality indeed: we were here for our daughter’s wedding. The events planner, the concierge, waiters and housecleaning staff were professional and personable. The location is as relaxing as it is beautiful while offering a variety of outdoor activities. The rooms are comfortable with stunning views and original art. We have already decided to make this an annual visit.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2021

We went to the Ganzo and sat in the lobby/lounge area for a glass of wine and to listen to the live music. The only place I went other than our seat was the gift shop. When we went to leave I couldn't find my purse. Checked the gift shop and it wasn't there. Staff pretended to be helpful but really weren't. They said they couldn't check the video cameras and they would get back to us the following day, which they didn't. Returned to our boat in the marina and checked our credit card online and already had over $2000 worth of charges and another $2000 in declined purchases. Talked to some locals here and they said there has been several instances of theft at the hotel and that it has been the staff working together. We had no access to the manager. The night manager was the front desk man- when we called later in the evening he knew nothing of the incident. So apparently the staff we talked to didn't pass on any info when they got off shift. Stay away!!!

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 25 April 2021 via mobile

We didn't stay but will next time! We came to go to the beach and what a deal! About a $70 F&B min but totally worth it for private calm beach action and delicious food and drink. Margarita at the Front Desk was lovely and accommodating helping us get checked in and Eduardo was our server at the beach and he was top notch. We loved the vibe and will stay at El Gonzo la próxima vez!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2021

Great place but watch the reciepts...they sneak in tips and leave a blank line for tips and you will double tip.

They add a "voluntary" fee at the end and don't tell you that you can remove.

Come on hotel. Just be honest and it will make for a better experience for all.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 262kirkb
Reviewed 2 March 2021 via mobile

The hotel itself is stunning - the facilities are really nice and the views are superb! HOWEVER the staff and especially the "manager" were awful! No prices on any menu and the only way you can view the menus is via QR code, most of which don't work! Food very average and prices are ridiculous! Ordered one small glass of red wine to drink in my room and was charged 25 US dollars - when I returned to my room I called reception as of course I thought this was a mistake! It wasn't.. The manager shouted at me the following morning and demanded I leave his hotel when I was checking out and whilst trying to explain what had happened! ALSO sunglasses went missing from my room and when I read through the reviews online apparently this is very common in this hotel - BEWARE! The spa facilities were also broken despite paying 80 dollars for a massage! They're quick to take your money but not so quick to help you out!

Date of stay: March 2021