11 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 05/08/21
PricelineUS$ 334
Official HotelUS$ 334
eDreamsUS$ 326
All reviews rooftop pool private beach recording studio borracho unique art restaurant downstairs hot tub flora farms san jose main restaurant fish tacos swimmable beach rented a car food and drinks swim up bar gonzo cabo
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 March 2021 via mobile

The hotel itself is stunning - the facilities are really nice and the views are superb! HOWEVER the staff and especially the "manager" were awful! No prices on any menu and the only way you can view the menus is via QR code, most of which don't work! Food very average and prices are ridiculous! Ordered one small glass of red wine to drink in my room and was charged 25 US dollars - when I returned to my room I called reception as of course I thought this was a mistake! It wasn't.. The manager shouted at me the following morning and demanded I leave his hotel when I was checking out and whilst trying to explain what had happened! ALSO sunglasses went missing from my room and when I read through the reviews online apparently this is very common in this hotel - BEWARE! The spa facilities were also broken despite paying 80 dollars for a massage! They're quick to take your money but not so quick to help you out!

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank antomi
Reviewed 1 February 2021

Front desk agent stopped me from joining friends for a drink and claimed a $75 cover charge to have a drink at the empty pool bar at 135 on a cloudy day. Can’t find any evidence of that fee online—not sure if the money would go to the guy demanding it or to the hotel, but whether it’s a scam or it’s hotel policy, it is absolutely not worth it for a drink and chair—any of the bars in San Jose Del Cabo would be a better bet. My friends wonder if they snuck in on accident, but I don’t know. The hotel should post the price to enter the restaurant online. If you do really want to go, make sure to call up and ask in advance.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 42lanee
Reviewed 1 February 2021

This is more than just a Hotel, it is a place where magic happens every single day: the amazing team, attention to detail, service, spacious-comfortable rooms with awesome sea view, fantastic roof top infinity pool, and the coolest beach club located on a perfect spot where you can actually swim! In addition to this, Art and Music are found on every corner -and the SPA is great.
Everything is absolutely outstanding, by far my new happy place.

Room tip: Balcony rooms are amazing
Date of stay: October 2020
El Ganzo GM, Owner at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2021

Dear AmazingElena

We appreciate all your comments about the hotel, the staff is very grateful for your words, it motivates us to continue working to maintain the quality of service that you deserve.

We hope to be able to serve you again very soon

Best Regards

Reviewed 27 January 2021

Absolutely loved this hotel and everything it is about, supporting music and art, local and international talent. The staff was completely friendly and attentive. Clean, good COVID protocols and local clinic for the new required testing. Loved the easy to walk and quick taxi to local restaurants....and no crowds! Surrounded by Spanish speakers, who were patient and helpful as I tried speaking the language...definitely a perk when you seek luxury and some authentic Mexican hospitality and friendliness.
The rooftop and Beach club were fantastic!

Room tip: Amazing views
Date of stay: January 2021
El Ganzo GM, Owner at Hotel El Ganzo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2021

Dear lemay1005

We appreciate your comments, we will share them with the hotel staff, we will continue working to maintain the quality of service that you deserve.

And we will strengthen our COVID protocols for your safety.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 January 2021 via mobile

If you like cheesy Art Deco and overpriced cocktails. This is your spot. The boat noise didn’t really bother us too much. However last night there were 10 people in the jacuzzi , there were 7 Mexican people that were in the jacuzzi for over 3 hours. Two people from Austin and a few from our party. They came by and asked us and the 2 from Austin to get out and did not bother to ask the others to get out. This is super petty , but it was really offensive.
Here is another thing that really bugs me. First of all I am a big tipper during COVID and don’t mind throwing down for great service. They added automatic 20% gratuity for mediocre service.
Also they do not let you bring in any beverages into your own hotel room and they charged us $100 for 6 drinks.
Food was good but no vegetarian dishes.

4  Thank W2688STalexd