29 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$1,158
FindHotel$1,158
Orbitz.com$1,158
Trip.com$1,258
1,543 results
All reviews sea grill rooftop terrace ceviche bar evian spray four seasons beach cabana private dinner our honeymoon butler service ocean front personal butler dinner on the beach moment you arrive junior suite mariachi band incredible service tequila tasting
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2020

Check in here usually is accomplished with a brief (but too long for me) welcome featuring an exec, a few staff, one's butler, a mariachi quartet, and a small glass of something chilled. My illustrious travel consultant, knowing of my distaste for fou fou, arranged a skip of this so straight out of the luxury SUV, into the arms of butler (Enrique) who escorted me to the villa and into a pitcher of rum punch.

Villa 11 is an oceanview two-bedroom Signature villa with 2.5 baths, gated patio entrance, foyer, full kitchen, large living room, large shaded terrace, smaller sun terrace, private pool with embedded jacuzzi, firepit.

The master bath is gargantuan and features dual sinks, a makeup vanity, jacuzzi tub for two, expansive outdoor shower/ patio with tropical foliage, large indoor shower/steam room with bench (and a view!), Toto toilet alcove, walk-in closet and sufficient space to stage a small dance. Each night, candles flicker above the jacuzzi

Master bedroom features sumptuous built-in king bed (as often is the custom in Mexico); side surfaces with accessible electrical outlets, lamps; fireplace, shelving furnished with books and chatzkahs, ceiling fan, two floor-to-ceiling glass walls with simpatico views and sliding doors, flat-screen TV, bedside light controls. It is set up so that, in amenable weather, both glass walls can be retracted entirely leaving the room open-air. Never have stayed when sufficiently cool to do so but makes super photos for marketing material.

Second bedroom is a simpler although entirely comfortable affair with king bed, walk-in closet, vanity, en-suite bath, ceiling fan, no view.

Living room includes foyer, built-in couch, two easy chairs, coffee table, dining area with large round marble table, large flat-screen TV, shelving with books and Mexican art, two glass walls with sliding doors. Half-bath just off the living room.

Kitchen: Large and stocked with every imaginable amenity, untensil, glassware, diningware. Large fridge with ice cream drawer, ice freezer, etc. Stocked with beer, water, soft drinks, water and anything you ask for. There is a wine mini-closet with bottles charged to account. Gratis snacks (smoked salmon, homemade bread, lots of fruit, all the limes in the world, tortilla chips, potato chips, etc.) and for-purchase snacks (nuts, chocolate and what-have-you)

Outdoor areas: Huge shaded terrace off the living room with built-in couch, two easy chairs, built-in coffee table, two lounge chairs with table, ceiling fan (needed!), lighting, Mexican decor. It's a lovely area. Pool accessible here. It includes an embedded jacuzzi and a table surface. varying depths ans in-water lounging areas. Another, smaller, terrace off the master bedroom has two (clunky, I fear) sun loungers with knee pillows (!) and two shade umbrellas. Tropical planting. Pool accessible from here as well.

In a word, service is stellar. The Signature villas come with a dedicated host/butler. For my four visits here, that person has been Enrique and he is unobtrusively brilliant, has an extra sense that intuits when a service might be welcome and the discretion to know when to disappear (e,g., when I want to skinny dip in the private villa pool). He arranges for and contributes to housekeeping, mixes drinks and pitchers, cooks breakfast, orders room service meals. He would arrange expeditions but I never go anywhere. Can't bear to leave the villa.

All other staff encountered are lovely but never obsequious. In these pandemic times, I was often geeted with "Thank you for coming."

When (my beloved demented) Jim traveled with me, Enrique was unfailingly engaging with him which took some of the stress off me and, for certain, was above-and-beyond the call of duty.

An example of their superlative service. The master bed is very high. I am short. I usually resolve this problem by getting a running start, then jumping up on the bed. Can’t do that here because bedroom configuration doesn’t permit a running start. Also, I’m getting older and running is contra-indicated.

There are many thick books in the villa, mostly style and photography books (not my usual literature but useful in this case). I grabbed several, piled them up next to the bed and, voila, a very literate step stool. The following morning I neglected to pick them up. The housekeeper noticed, shelved them, then provided a tailor-made step stool. I am not their only short person.

Dining is where Las Ventanas falters. Breakfast (in this case prepared to order by Enrique the host) is super, and so generous lunch never rears its head). Drinks, also crafted by Enrique, are very good. He introduced me to the Mezcalito and, oh my, it's wonderful

Dinners via room service varied between yikes and pretty good. Do NOT order curried anything. Seafood and steaks were the better choice. Best scallops ever but shrimp was overdone. Excellent oysters on the shell; could have been served better chilled. Good salads, great guacamole. Keep in mind not all their kitchens were open. Yet, historically, food has been a weak point compounded by stratospheric prices.

San Jose del Cabo, an authentic old Mexican town, is worth exploring — the zocalo, the church, the handicraft shops and galleries. A lovely boutique option on the zocalo in this authentic town is Casa Natalia, excellent. Cabo San Lucas is an ersatz town full of not-always-well-behaved American tourists and best avoided. There is no there there.

Beaches are gorgeous but most are not swimmable due to lethal rip tides. I'm told surfing is decent and fishing is marvelous. But I'm just a hunker-down-by-the-water person with a penchant for margaritas, rum punch and guacamole.

This was my fourth stay at Las Ventanas which now is my go to place in Cabo but have not always been able to afford. Overall, we've been to Cabo 12 times including other ostensibly lux venues (Esperanza, Chileno, Pedregal) and less august accommodations

2  Thank CatalinaW
Las Ventanas Restaurants, Owner at Las Ventanas Al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2020

Dear CatalinaW,

It was very kind of you to take the time to write such a lovely and detailed review of your visit to Las Ventanas. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service you received from our Team Members, specially Enrique. We are thrilled to learn you enjoyed your time in Paradise so fully.

All of us at Las Ventanas truly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 August 2020

Our terrace suite with rooftop access was absolutely gorgeous. I loved that we were not the first row of building but one back for some privacy but still had pristine views of the water and mountains. The staff was amazing from our welcoming birthday cupcake with sparklers arrival to the pampering we received during our whole stay. Our butler, Jesus, did an amazing job taking care of all our requests and needs and making sure we were always having a good stay. The Tequila and Ceviche bar is amazing and I would highly recommend the tequila tasting. Oliver and his team did an amazing job. The cabana down on the beach is worth the view and having your private plunge pool. Arbol is gorgeous and has amazing food. For the money spent, the staff works extra hard to make sure you are happy and I appreciate that. They go above and beyond on the smallest details. All COVID precautions are taken. The property is pristine and gorgeous to look at. I would definitely come back.

2  Thank lthomas476
Las Ventanas Restaurants, Owner at Las Ventanas Al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2020

Dear lthomas476,

It is an honor to hear Las Ventanas was the resort of your choice for this trip. Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay and experience. We really appreciate your thoughtful comments and kind words particularly regarding the food and service.

Hopefully, we’ll see you at Las Ventanas again very soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2020 via mobile

We went to las ventanas and had a wonderful time. They upgraded our room to ocean front. Not sure why. But we were happy. There are 8 pools so it never feels crowded. The service is spot on. Make sure to visit the speak easy. The tequila bar. And Arbok the Asian Indian fusion delight. Make sure to use the transportation service. It just makes the entire experience that much better. Enjoy.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NickellFamilyTravel

Dear NickellFamilyTravel,

It was very kind of you to take the time to write such a lovely review of your visit to Las Ventanas. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service you received from our Team Members, particularly at the Tequila and Ceviche Bar, Arbol and La Botica.

Cordially,

Reviewed 15 August 2020

I have just returned from a first time trip to the famed Las Ventanas resort during the covid pandemic. While we enjoyed our time and would consider returning, I will explain my hesitation and inability to give this resort 5 stars below.

Check-in:
Checking in with a birthday cupcake and a mariachi band playing was truly impressive. I can’t say I’ve experienced such a welcome! After that, it became awkward. Our room wasn’t quite ready (I really think a hotel of this caliber needs to have rooms ready right away especially during a pandemic), and our butler (?) seated us at a bar area for 15 minutes to wait. We thought it was odd that no beverages or welcome amenitity was given to us while we waited. Truly bizarre to awkwardly sit there for 15 minutes with nothing to do. Other properties of this caliber would have offered us something to eat/drink to kill time.

Ambiance:
I get the impression that this resort originally opened as a very intimate property with some bungalows scattered around pools on the beach. Since then, they added residential buildings in back that definitely take away from the charm. Do note if you book a residential building there are steps and steep hills to walk over.

Rooms:
As I said above, rooms I imagine vary a lot. We booked a two bedroom garden suite and were given 3202. It looked nothing like the photos on the website and was not even in the building we were promised. Everything in 3202 was broken- curtains, fans, phones, etc. Furniture was downright hideous and mismatched. Rugs were stained. Master bedroom had two dressers and a desk but no actual night table. Upset that we booked a suite at a five star resort and not a condo at 3 star bulk vacation hotel, they moved us to 4301. This furnishings were significantly nicer and looked more like the photos online. Do note that the room could still use some minor improvements (lamp shades had holes, unfitting toilet seat, and a patched leak on the wall). 4301 in sum was a significant improvement.

Even the nicer room we were given needs upgrades. I’ve never been to a hotel without an I cube/ihome charging dock station for example. I think the old jetted tubs should be replaced with newer, more sanitary options.

I think ocean view rooms might be the best on this property as the ocean front rooms are directly on the pools. They don’t afford a significant amount of privacy and pool noise can be heard.

I’d discourage anyone from booking a residence. There is a reason why so many of them online don’t show pictures of the interiors! My recommendation for the resort would be to have owners buy units that are already furnished with comparable interiors. My other recommendation would be for the resort to rent out the residences on an entirely different website with a separate booking engine to avoid confusion. A few individuals insisted that the suites are the same as the privately owned residents but the differences still seem substantial to me. You can even book a “suite” and a “residence” as separate categories (with different rates) on the booking engine.

While the resort made up for our complaints against 3202, I still think they should have charged us the residence price for it - not the suite price for it. The hotel’s website clearly has 3202 listed as a “two bedroom garden residence.” You can see it for yourself if you look at the residence section on thier wesite.

If I were to return, I’d be really wary booking a suite or a residence. I’d note that the hum of traffic noise can be heard (and seen) from the further ends of the property. If I had a disability, I’d request a room near an accessible pool with minimal steps.

Service:
Our complaints about the original room were addressed by a woman evening/night manager. As other reviewers noted, her service was downright offensive and horrible. She argued with us about the quality of our room while we were supposed to be eating dinner! Her defensive demeanor and inability to address what was an insignificant problem really left us with a sour taste. We explained to her that we were promised on the phone a two bedroom ground level suite in building four (not a condo) with a possible upgrade. She said we were making this up and no one would tell us this on the phone. She sarcastically said the phone calls are recorded and she can share them with us. We haven’t heard or seen the recordings. She should not be working at this resort.

The manager Michael handled the situation with grace and style- truly fabulous. Our butlers provided us with fabulous service. We also felt pampered by those at the pool and beach. I liked how they would move umbrellas for us and offer us popsicles. I think they could offer more diversity beyond popsicles and should consider giving out sunblock.

COVID:
This resort takes guest temperatures upon arrival, and offers Covid sanitary kits (masks, sanitizer, gloves,etc). Employees wear masks. I did not feel safe waiting for our room in the bar area. Also, there were too many people fixing our drab residence to be safe.

food:
Arbol was truly incredible. Really the most delicious food and most exquisite service I’ve ever had at a restaurant. The chef also made us an exclusive bbq dinner in our room that was delicious. I think sea grill was good but not outstanding. One has to try the breakfast pastries!

Would I return?
I don’t know. The resort seems to have been at one point the zenith if luxury. Some employees were truly outstanding while others (namely the night manager) were worst than those I’d find at a hampton inn. the push to build more residences seems to have been the catalyst in letting this resort really slide. I think I'd only return if (a) I am charged the price for the residence garden room and not the garden suite and (b) if I can be promised a very specific room. I am disappointed that the resort just argued with me claiming that 3202 is the room I booked when it was not. I think I would look at the montage next time I come to Cabo.

Room tip: Do not get a residence
4  Thank michael f

Dear Lovz2Travel,,

On behalf of the hotel management we really appreciate your detailed feedback. Please know since your departure, we have had several meetings with the Executive Committee about what went wrong.

We are glad to learn you met with our Executive Assistant Manager, Michael Chiche, and appreciate your positive comments in regards to the rest of our team.

Hopefully you will give us another opportunity, we very much look forward to exceeding your expectations next time.

Best,

Reviewed 15 August 2020

We spent six nights at LV in Aug and really enjoyed our stay. All of our butlers were incredibly helpful, discrete and kind. To that end, the entire staff was gracious and focused on providing great service. Additionally, the hotel's focus on a safe experience, during the pandemic, was excellent. They are doing absolutely everything right and we never felt like our safety was compromised during our stay.

I am an incredibly particular traveler and therefore, I always have a few suggestions for improvement. Please note...none of these would be a reason not to book Las Ventanas. If you are an obsessive review reader like I am and comparing One & Only, Pedregal, Esperanza, etc., rest assured that your decision to book LV will be a good one. I've stayed at all and I would rank LV near or at the top.

The things that I would like for Las Ventanas to think a bit more about include: 1) During Covid, while the Mexican restaurant is closed, I'd love a few other, more casual (but delicious) food options. 2) If someone becomes very ill during their stay, be sure to find out what happened and how you can help 3) The pool service was spotty and I think needs a bit more attention. 4) It's difficult to eat breakfast in your suite if your suite has an uncovered patio. The sun is unbearable. And, it's a bit awkward to balance plates and seating using the small trunks at the end of the bed.

1  Thank jilllV4725QU

Dear jilllV4725QU,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad to hear you had a great experience here at Las Ventanas.
We believe every part of your experience is equally important and strive to make it the best it can be, therefore we appreciate your honest feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Las Ventanas.

Hasta pronto!