Lock in the lowest price from these sites
yescapade.com
Hotels.com
Hilton
5,933 results
All reviews vista club la vista vela restaurant los cabos infinity pool diamond member breakfast buffet swimmable beach beautiful property swim up bar rented a car ocean view sushi san jose lounge chairs food and drinks fish tacos
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 April 2006

HOTEL: I did lots of research about this hotel and I agree with all- THIS HOTEL IS PURE LUXURY. Like a previous writer stated, "Its a Four Seasons at a Hilton price tag" Yes- its not cheap. My room was a double with ocean view for around $350 a night. Had the best view. Totally worth it. Service was top notch, too. I have travelled the world and this hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed in. From the marble in the bathroom, to the beautiful setting. Its nicer than some Ritz Carlton hotels is LA.
The front staff is very helpful and will do everything to make sure your stay is an enjoyable one.

POOL: Best pool in Cabo. Its just so beautiful. Cant fully describe unless you see it live. The "Infinity Pool" looks directly out into the sea. This is where all the action is. Trust me, you will never leave this pool.

FOOD- Book the Hilton "Bounceback" rate because it includes the breakfast buffet. This alone costs $28 each and its worth it! I had a family of 4 so this really saved me lost of $$.
There is a "Deli" on the 1st floor that makes awesome sandwiches with a small salad for $5. Great quality food and really inexpensive. Try it!
The sushi by the pool is also very good and costs $9.
We also had the dinner buffet and it was great quality food.
Also, on your way in from the airport, stop at the "Mega Supermarket" and stock up on beer, chips, sodas, etc. Thats what we did and it worked out fine.

We are already planning our next trip to Cabo and will stay at the Hilton. 5 STAR all the Way.

13  Thank DayTrip26865
Reviewed 14 April 2006

Stayed in a double room overlooking the pool / ocean. Excellent amenities, room was great. Cleaning people excellent. Continental breakfast in bar is minimal (+ plastic utensils) but arrive early (closes at 10am) as when they run out of food, they don't replace. Bottled water is free if asked for at the front desk - costs $ everywhere else. Try to get the buffets for dinner (certain nights) - definite value - sometimes includes all-u-can-drink margheritas. Visited Todos Santos - rented car at hotel ($75/day includes insurance)- 1 hr+ drive through twisting narrow roads frequented by 18 wheelers. I consider myself an agressive driver, but I behaved myself on these roads. Witnessed 3 accidents (one an overturned truck) - told by locals there are accidents every day on the road. Todos Santos is quaint but not worth the drive - except for Santa Fe restaurant (Italian - pizza and lobster ravioli excellent!) and Hotel California.
Cabo San Lucas more for younger bar/club scene. Cabo San Jose more for shopping, restaurants, etc.
Hilton hotel staff was excellent. Open, airy environment - very tropical. Infinity edge pool and bar/restaurant at pool excellent. Go early in morning to reserve lounge chairs with towels. Excellent work-out facilities. Would definitely go back. Wave runners, ATVs, golf all excellent.

8  Thank Cohibaba
Reviewed 11 April 2006

Hilton Los Cabos was one of the most recommendable hotels known to man, woman or dog! Starting with checking in...the smoothest was actually done in our room. My boyfriend and I entered an immaculate and ever so modern room with music playing, marble bathroom, spacious and impeccable view! The service was superb and better than any hotel i have stayed in mexico. The staff is super friendly and helpful. The food was excellent. We did dine out. We enjoyed Edith's (down town) and "C" charlie trotter's restaurant. I must add one of our favorite nights in terms of food is when we ordered almost everything on the menu at the hilton for room service! Having said that, room service was excellent. Whale watching is a must and a wonderful experience. ATV's were cool too. My boyfriend went fishing, but if you book through the hotel it was very pricey, he found a deal down town.
Back to the hotel, i was told there were no swimmable beaches and i was wrong. Hilton has a wonderful swim at your own risk beach but it is swimmable and enjoyable. Oh and how can i forget...they accomodated my dog! i brought my yorki who i try not to leave home without and he had just as good as a time we did. I recommend Hilton Los Cabos to anyone, it is a 5- star hotel in my book!

Date of stay: January 2006
8  Thank Supergirl421ny
Reviewed 10 April 2006

The bad from our perspective of owning Starwoord & Marriott timeshare and having stay at first class resorts. This is not a true timeshare. It is a wing of the Hilton resort hotel. It is hotel rooms with a lack of comfortable furniture with 2x2x5 kitchen counter with two electric burners & microwave with no place to eat if you dared to use the questionable dishes & equipment. Ours was a studio. One small sitting chair and one desk chair. I viewed a one b/r unit which was just as inadequate with a hideaway bed to sit on in front of TV resembling one that my in- laws had 40 years ago.

The worst was that the Hotel used the timeshare pool for 4 large group events in our week which meant that we were squeezed into the hotel pool area. Even worse was the loud music until 10:30 plus. Do not try to go to sleep. Its impossible. Make its tough for an early tee time the next am.

The good is the view and pool are when you are able to use it. Every unit has a fantastic view of the sea of cortez. Staff particularly the waiters,etc, and Abril(customer service for timeshare)and gym who is staff by an interesting personality(Pieto)work hard to make it an enjoyable experience. Food is okay for resort hotel. Cost is no different from one expects of a top los cabos resort--pricey!

As is probably typical of the area, it is not kid friendly. I must acknowlege that hotel tries to make up for private groups which they cater. We got two fine bottles of 1000+ pecos when I complained. I rather have had quiet. I was told that the hotel which I believe is now being operated by Hilton is reviewing its group preference policy that it is committed by contract for two more years. I was told that this will not likely change as the $$$ is in large groups.

There is some hope as Casa Dorata is building more timeshares at adifferent location. Maybe hilton will step and buyout the current owners who enjoy privacy and quiet that the first class timeshares have.

11  Thank Footprints11593
Reviewed 19 March 2006

I would reccomend the Hilton Los Cabos to anyone traveling to Cabo looking for a first class hotel and top service. Our room was immaculate, as well as the rest of the hotel. The pool was beautiful and the beach front setting was unforgettable. And finally, the service was top notch. Every employee was so helpful and provided the highest level of service. we've stayed at a number of 'world class' resorts and none compared to this. I did not feel like a foreigner in Mexico like I thought I would because of the spirit of the staff. Stay here!

18  Thank Expedition1432