All reviews arts district main building pool suite san jose second building art walk la paz nice pool we loved our stay town square ceiling fan pool side junior suite tacos annex galleries wedding
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I would suggest paying little extra and stay in one of the rooms that open up to the pool area.You will feel like you are in paradise. We are return guests and plan on returning on our next visit to Cabo.

Room Tip: Book room in main building.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Blanca P, Owner at El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Dear Travelgamma6,

We really value your comments towards out hotel, please let us know when you decide to come back so we can acomodate in the room that you like the most.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

This is my first time staying at this place, and and it left a very bitter taste. When I checked in, the front desk never advised how to check out. In my mind, the front desk would be staffed. No instruction or anything whatsoever. In the morning at 7a, I tried to check out, the gate was locked, the entrance to the lobby was locked, I wasn’t able to get in since I stayed at the other hotel building across the street. That being said as a foreigner, I didn’t have a cellphone coverage, I didn’t speak any Spanish, I panicked because my flight departs at 8:50a. Finally I ran into another guest in the hotel, he said maybe to just leave the key in the room. That’s what I decided to do. Not knowing how to call a cab, I walked to the square hoping there is a taxi - There was none on Sunday morning. The clock was ticking, and finally saw another hotel called Tropical Inn. They were willing to help to call a taxi. They did and I got a taxi. Unfortunately it was too late by the time I got to the airport. I missed my flight, it costs me hundreds of dollars to buy a walk in ticket that day since I had to get back home the same day.

By the way, when I called them to ask about it, it says the hotel policy that it’s not staffed until 7:30a. I’m a guest, I totally understand that there will be no staff, but they can’t expect me to read every single line of their hotel policy to know if I’m supposed to self check out. And how about calling a taxi? I don’t have any cellphone here. I would expect this is the very basic thing a hotel would do - to help calling a taxi. They had zero courtesy even when talking on the phone.

Also, one thing to note, when I checked in, I asked how much the taxi cost to the airport. They said $35 fixed. Tropical Inn (the hotel around the square that was willing to help me) called a taxi and it only costs $25 for a suburban type vehicle. That alone it shows that the El Encanto tried to rip you off.

We’ll see if they cancel my CC deposit or not. Since they charge for everything provided in the room. Since I left the key inside the room and leave it unlocked, who knows what would happen.

It’s totally not worth staying here. The building is beautiful, but their operation is a deal breaker. Lesson learned, next time I would rather pay at a chain hotel than risking my trip staying at this “so called boutique” inn.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Blanca P, Propietario at El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear John,

Thank you for your comments, however, I totally understand your frustration about losing your flight, it’s totally understandable an experience like that can ruin any good memories of your vacation.

Let me start, your reservation was made by you with Expedia, company whom has all the hotel policies including our itinerary and schedules.

It’s very well informed the hotel front desk is open from 7: 30 am to 11:00 pm, it is also our policy to inform our guest upon arrival, and the same information is in our website and in our hotel rooms.

Early check outs when a taxi is required, all arraignments are made the night before for our clients, we have a taxi service whom provide the services 24 hours if required.
In regards to the cost, we do not control the taxi fees, we do not have our own transportation, on the contrary we always look for the best interest of our clients, and the cost varies depending on the size of the car, the company, and the time due to rush hours.

A minibar is provided to better serve you, free coffee and water are included, any other items are charge to your account.
We are very sorry you lost your flight, the opportunity to serve you, was taken away from us from the moment we were not aware of your needs.

Sincerely
Blanca Pedrin

Reviewed 26 April 2018

We had a poolside room that was very nice. The hotel from office staff were very helpful. The courtyard is idyllic! Our stay was very good! Hmmm beds are hard, so I asked for a quilt that we put under the sheet, and it was more conmfortable - if you enjoy a softer bed. :-) Only drawbacks are - the walls are not noiseproof, so bring earplugs if your neighbours are noisy. Last year there were 2 weddings in the nearby churchyard/patio, and the noise from the first (speakers pointed towards the hotel) was deafening... til after midnight. Prior to the next wedding, we asked the planner if she'd point the speakers the other direction, which they did... and the noise was OK. This is a lovely hotel in a lovely area of San Jose. There are lots of good restaurants nearby - Jazmine's is excellent. Hotel staff Maria Carmin & Xavier were truly amazingly helpful!

Room Tip: Not sure how many rooms have 2 beds.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Blanca P, Owner at El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear Perrycanuck,

We value your comments towards the hotel and our service, we have already taken actions on regulating the noise levels in the area, we also let out guests know with time if we are going to have an event in our grounds. We are very grateful for your mention of Mary Carmen and Javier, they try their best on making all our guest happy.

Please let us know when you decide to come back.

Saludos!

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We loved our stay at this charming Inn. The grounds are beautiful and colorful with all the beautiful landscaping. Our suite was spacious. We loved that we could walk into town and partake in the art walk festivities. The bartender, Victor made excellent drinks. The whole staff made you feel at home. We definitely would return

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Ms. Margaret,

Thank you very much for your review and that you enjoyed our grounds. We look forward your next visit to our hotel. Victor will be happy to serve you again at cascabel restaurant.

Best Regards!

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Situated right in the centre of San Jose del Cabo, El Encanto was a perfect base for us. The main hotel building has a beautiful central gardens with pool where we could go to relax and have a drink when we tired of the exploring and the comfortable apartments, just a few steps away offered very comfortable accommodation for us and our daughter and also allowed us to prepare some meals ourselves which helped to manage the overall cost of the trip. The staff were friendly and responsive.

Stayed: May 2017
Blanca P, Owner at El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Dear wadadlicat,

Thank you for your comments, our Art District is it truly a magical place in downtown San Jose del Cabo, full of restaurants and local shops, we are glad that you enjoyed our grounds and gardens. Our staff will be happy to hear your kind words.

Please feel free to contact us on your next visit.

Saludos!