9 people are viewing this hotel
TravelocityUS$ 126
PricelineUS$ 131
Trip.comUS$ 198
1,610 results
All reviews san jose an older resort small resort los cabos all inclusive plan partial ocean view star resort snack bar all inclusive option tacos mariachi band beach chairs tortillas nightly entertainment pool side food and drinks benito
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 April 2021

The Viceroy Los Cabos charges around $100 to upgrade to a seafront room, on top of a $600+ room charge.

The Posada Real, its next-door neighbor, charged for our dates $100 for a seafront room in total. I've stayed at both, and the Viceroy is undoubtedly a better hotel, but the Posada Real is where I'll be coming back.

This is the archetypal Mexican beach hotel, with a pool (with pool bar), a breakfast buffet, and a pretty garden. It gives the impression of one of Cabo's first hotels, with a perfect location a few minutes from the airport. The décor is all ocres and tiles and cacti. The furnishings are from decades ago and yet everything works. The coffee maker is ancient but it brews coffee and is very clean. The hair dryer is an old white plastic contraption but it dries hair. The bedsheets are soft and white and the room is perfectly clean. Service is fast and friendly. There are more sun loungers than guests. The hot tub is nice and warm. The soundproofing isn't great, but the (small crowd) is laid back, and we woke up to the sound of birds singing.

In the end, I will drink the same beer facing the same ocean dipped in a pool, and if I can avoid paying thousands of dollars for the privilege, then all the better!!

Room tip: 'Partial ocean view' rooms face the garden and then the ocean and are worth paying for. Ocean front rooms really are ocean front.
Date of stay: April 2021
Raul Chi, Director General at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2021

Dear asar,
I am pleased to know that you had a good experience at Posada Real Los Cabos.

I really appreciate your comments, it motivate us to work hard everyday to get happy our guests.

It will be a pleasure to be at your service again.

Sincerley

Reviewed 6 March 2021

We have been going to Posada for about 10 years. We love it! The staff is what makes this place special. Sure, other hotels have a beach, but what they lack is the exemplary staff that keeps us coming back. Pulling up from the airport and being greeted with a "welcome home" couldn't sum it up better. We feel at home!
The friendly atmosphere, combined with beach front accommodations, makes it perfect. Talk about relaxing!
Sure things have changed with Covid., but what hasn't? So we had to get a test three day before we left. test was done on site, with an appointment. The fabulous Urbano hand delivered our results to us on the beach. Urbano, I owe you for mesin with me! Your crack me up!
This place is special, Talking to other guests, many of them are return visitors. That says a lot!
I want to give a shout out to Jeramiah and Victor in the dining room, The two of them were so attentive, and always made us laugh! Miguel who helped us when we needed it most, and last, but never least, the wonderful Benito.
We can't wait to see you next year. Because we will be back. Again.
Thank you all for a wonderful trip.
Corinne and John

Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank mogy
Raul Chi, Director General at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2021

Dear Corine and John,

I really appreciate your review. It make us happy.
With pleasure I will share it with all our staff.

Looking forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 29 January 2021

This place is 1 of the smaller more affordable hotels in San Jose so please understand it’s not the ritz Carlton before you get the wrong idea. But it’s clean and well priced. The staff isn’t just good but exceptional. They remember your name and make it a point to say “hi” and ask if you’re enjoying your stay. They legitimately work for their dollars through kindness and consideration. I don’t typically write reviews but the hospitality was exceptional.

I only booked it originally based on price and the fact that it was all-inclusive for food and drinks. The concierge hooked me up with a life changing whale-watching tour, and my favorite spot, the pool side bar, was fun and lively.

If kindness and hospitality are important this is a great spot. I WILL COME BACK HERE!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank JoshFrmTX
Raul Chi, Director General at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2021

Dear JoshFrmTX,

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our staff and I, will be happy to have you among us again.

Reviewed 27 November 2020

The Hotel was very clean, and all the staff were very friendly. We stayed for six days, and we will return. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We took a guided bicycle ride into San Jose Del Cabo, which was very easy, and a good way to get your bearings for a return trip , to do some shopping. Our guide Rocio was very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

Room tip: Ocean or partial ocean views are wonderful.
Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank Mike S
Raul Chi, Director General at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2020

Dear Mike S,

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It will be a pleasure to serve you again in your next visit to Los Cabos.

Sincereley

Reviewed 23 October 2020

Kind of a complete disaster - Here's a quick list of why I give such a poor rating and why I am writing this review:

1. Lobby Bathrooms - they were dirty and stinky, really. Incredibly dirty bathrooms (talking about the ones in the looby) and for both, men and women (my gf told me hers was the same). just horrible. I told this to the girl in reception and just said "oh ok" - and that's it.

2. The shower on the room assigned kept licking water (not just a drop, a considerable amount of water) this happened throughout the whole stay. told the reception guy, the same answer as above. (could've told this to the right Authority and have impose them a big fine just because they keep wasting water that's not even theirs.

3. With some exceptional exceptions of waiters (Orleans, Victor, José and Berna) the rest of the waiter, bartenders, receptionists, managers and hotel employees were just not as I expected, they all lack of soft skills, they even were rude at some instances. just disappointing.

I am from GDL and have visited many of these traditional and "low-cost" posadas as they tend to offer great service at an also great price. this one was not the exception on the price but in the service - and you know what, do you know how much it costs to offer a great service and have your guests to come back? $0.00 USD/MXN

In my opinion, if you are going to Los Cabos - is best to spend a little more on a better hotel than staying here and having to deal with people who hates working there.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank josesR4201DX
Raul Chi, Director General at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2020

Dear Jse R4201DX,

I appreciate your time to share your experience with us.

I will have a meeting with the Front Desk Manager to talk about this matter. It is for our own interest.
You are right, we have to follow up all the comments and recommendations our guests tell us.
It is our interest to offer a very good service.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences.