1,418 results
All reviews cactus garden san jose wahoo swim up bar small resort mexican families los cabos all inclusive package an older hotel taco bar bar closes lots of fresh fruit partial ocean view tacos star resort buffet style mexican dishes
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Here we're on visit # 3. We make it a point to stay here. The staff at the reception are welcoming and accommodating. Inquire any time you have a question. They sure know how to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Now let's talk about the rest of the staff: anybody with a uniform greets you. The staff that cleans your room is thorough. The morning person that prepares your omelette, awesome smile. All the waiters go the extra mile. We love coming back to find they're still working here. The friendly staff at the bar by the pool are so dedicated. The food is delicious. We stayed in two rooms. Mine had breakfast only and my husband's room was all inclusive. He was very impressed with the dinner assortment. All around this is the place to stay with your family. The rest of the guests are friendly and are there to relax as well. See you next time, Posada Real.

2  Thank 565carinaa
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Carina A,

I really appreciate your confidence towards Posada Real Los Cabos.

It has been a pleasure to have you among us and we will be waiting for your visit #4.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

After reading way too many reviews about this resort I was nervous. But once we got there I was nervous no more. Remember you get what you pay for! A very quiet place not a party hotel. Food was great at the poolside restaurant service was fantastic. Food in the buffet... meh! Drinks pretty good. Rooms are dated but comfortable. The highlight of this spot is the staff. Most are absolutely amazing. They work their behinds off for you. Walking distance to SJDC about 25 minutes or a 5 minute bus ride for 12 pesos. Many restaurants and shops 5 minuets or less away. One thing the resort could do is give the guards at the main entrance a proper shack. It’s way too hot for them doing a 12 hour shift. We will definitely be going back. But please remember you get what you pay for! If you’re a 5 star person stay down the way at a different resort.

Date of stay: July 2018
3  Thank darrinb340
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Darrin B,
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Posada Real Los Cabos.

I will be a plesure to have you among us, in your next visit to our wonderful destination.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

I stayed at this resort in August of 2018 and I had a great time. The room was clean and spacious, the bed was comfortable, and the balcony looking over the ocean provided a perfect view. The air conditioner in the room was the best air conditioner that I have ever used and the room was good.

All of the meals were provided in a separate building that contains the lobby and bar. There was different food each day and it was nice to eat some warm homemade food while looking at the ocean.

The resort has a swimming pool, massages near the beach ($45 USD per hour with a discount from the front desk), and direct access to the beach. The Bach provides a beautiful view but swimming was not allowed when I was there due to high waves,

I had a great stay and I can provide the following general comments about the report and the community:

To operate the air conditioner, you have to put one of your room keys into the master power slot inside the room door. You then have to pick up the remote control for the air conditioner, turn the power on, and push the lower button on the temperature until it gets to 20 degrees. You then have to wait maybe 10 seconds and then the air conditioner will kick in. You can then adjust it accordingly with the up and down buttons.

Downtown San Jose Del Cabo is an interesting play. There are several stores and businesses, but there are no street names so you will have no idea where you are if you are a tourist. Each bus that goes downtown travels a different way and the returning buses travel a different way as well. If you do decide to walk downtown, I would encourage you to catch the Urbani bus going towards the right when you get outside of the resort. The bus will continue going right before turning left towards downtown. The bus will pass a fire station at the edge of downtown and the return buses follow the same route until,that point. If you get off there to explore, you should be able to catch a ride back from the fire station as long as you can retrace your steps.

There is some shopping near the resort as well. If you leave the resort, cross the street, turn left, and follow the curve around to the right, it will be a 5-10 minute walk before you run into a convenience store and then a shopping mall containing Le Comer (clothing, food, department store): Starbucks, McDonalds, and other restaurants, stores, and services.

At the resort. The front desk staff and door people usually speak fluent English. Luis who worked as a baggage attendant was fully bilingual and a wonderful source of information. He truly cares about his job and although all of the hotel staff are welcoming, Luis really stood out for me,

If your airport transfer is with Terramar, they have a little stand next to the front desk which is usually staffed by 9-4 each day. The representative there is named Victor and he is fully bilingual as well. Victor was able to provide great information on the Los Cabos area as well as Mexico as a hole. If you have any questions about Los Cabos, Victor has the answer and he is great to chat with.

All in all, it was a great stay and I will def8nate be back.

Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank travellingpete23
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear travellingpete23,
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Posada Real Los Cabos.

It will be a pleasure to have you among us in your next visit to Los Cabos.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

First time to San Jose Del Cabo, 3 families with 7 kids under 8. Everyone had a great time that we're already planning a return trip. The staff was great, Felipe, Benito really took care of us at the pool area. Our room was always clean, the food was good, a little different each day. We were there 7 days and we could always find something yummy to eat everyday. We cannot say anything bad about the resort, we loved it. We upgraded to the ocean view room 214 was amazing. Great garden, ocean, pool view, my girls could not stop taking pictures of the view. We'll be back!

2  Thank majuliainnapa
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear majuliainnapa,

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It will be a pleasure to have you among us in your next visit to Los Cabos.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

This was our 4th time - last time being a couple years ago. We liked it that much that we've been back! The staff brings us back. They remember us - Benito, Jeremias and a few others were still there. Service is outstanding, someone is always checking if you need anything. This place has the best snack bar out of any place I've been to. Food is great and they bring your drinks and snack to your spot on the beach. Get an oceanfront room or partial ocean view.

If people did research prior to visiting, they could manage their expectations. There is one buffet restaurant, there is not glitzy entertainment and the beach is not swimmable (same for the other hotels). The resort is older but they make improvements where they can. I noticed our bed was softer than before. They have added security at the entrance to the hotel drive. It is a family resort, not a party resort - there isn't an animation team constantly bugging you. They do offer a bar crawl in the evening and volleyball/darts during the day.

With a small resort, you see the same people often and you will make friends. We have 2 sets of friends from a few years back at home in Calgary that we met at the Posada.

The only reason I didn't give a 5/5 is that I did notice that they need a major reno sooner rather than later. There are some things that cleaning and patching doesn't fix. Fixtures in the bathroom in the main bar are falling from the season, bathrooms have rust, bathroom tiles need to be replaced, tiles in the bathroom ceilings are rusting. Staff does the best with what they have. But at a certain point it will need a reno.

With that said, the air condition worked like a charm which was important this time of year. We had a great time and this hotel certainly has character. Great location to get to shopping and a 30 minute walk or 5 minute cab to downtown San Jose.

Room tip: Get an oceanfront room or partial ocean view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank lkf1967

Dear lkf1967,

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your last stay with Posada Real Los Cabos.

I really appreciate your comments.

Our Staff and I, we hope you visit us pretty soon. It will be a pleasure to have you among us, again.