1,396 results
All reviewscactus gardensan joseswim up barsmall resortall inclusive packagelos cabosan older hoteltaco barbar closeslots of fresh fruitpartial ocean viewtacosstar resortmariachi bandmexican dishesgarden viewbuffet style
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This is a smaller, older venue. Personally I liked that aspect. This was our 4th trip to Mexico in the past year. At the larger resorts, it takes days to learn your way around. Not here. 1 pool, 2 bars and two places to eat. Food was excellent. Drinks were not weak pours and Benito and Edwardo the servers were awesome. They knew our name the first day. They would greet us daily by name and thanked us everyday for coming. No swimming in ocean as it was very rough. Beautiful view though No fitness center, couple of machines and a barbell with maybe 20 pounds of weight. I spent a total of under 5 minutes there. Am usually in gym over an hour at least 5 days a week. Many places to walk to.

If you are craving a 4-5 star place with large bars and many restaurants, this is not your place. It you want a place to relax, get to know the other travelers and feel appreciated, give this place a shot.

Also just maybe a 20 minute ride from airport that is not busy like Cancun or DR and easy to get around.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tom G
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Tom G,

I am happy to know that you had a great time at Posada Real Los Cabos.

I appreciate your comments and we hope to have you among us in your next visit to Los Cabos.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I've been staying here over the past 10 years one to four times a year (usually for 1-5 days duration). It's a hidden gem now squeezed between ugly mega hotels. The grounds are listed very with a well-kept cactus garden, a well-kept pool (cleaned every morning) and access to the beach (lovely for walks but unsafe for swimming). Breakfasts are traditional Mexican food (freshly prepared) in buffet style and almost all of the staff are friendly and helpful. However, Alfredo at the front desk was not helpful during our check-in. Benito is the best waiter I've come across and he is attendant and always goes beyond what is required. He's been there for 11 years and works the pool/beach area.
Suggestions: stop using plastic straws in every drink (most people get free drinks at the poolside bar, part of the deal you pay for) plastic straws little the sand and are unnecessary contributing more plastic rubbish to a beach already inundated with rubbish.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Margie0704
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Margie0704,

Thank you for your preference to Posada Real Los Cabos.

I have taken note about your suggestion of stop using plastic straws.
I will talk with our Beverage team to decide when we can start to server our drinks without straws.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

It will be a pleasure to see you in your next visit to Los Cabos and Posada Real.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel was booked as a package with our fishing trip, never been here before and not sure what to expect. From the exterior the hotel looked good when we pulled up for a 30 year old hotel. The lobby, bar area and the seating area for the restaurant is clean and looked good the rooms were good size but the restrooms need to be updated they were in rough shape, but since I went with all guys it wasn't an issue. The staff at all ares of the hotel were all friendly and very nice, always made you feel welcomed. The pool area and beach was nice even after the storm that just passed. All the food throughout the day was good and they had some sort of entertainment every evening and was different each night. Since we fished most of the morning and early afternoon we asked the staff if they could make us box lunches for the boat and that was not an issue. Just make sure you ask for burritos and not the cheap plain sandwiches. Since we did good during our fishing trip we brought back fish and they cooked it up for dinner for us with sides at no extra cost and it was amazing. I'm not sure if this would be the place for me to bring my wife back to on vacation but for our guys trip fishing it was perfect and we had a great time.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rick M

Dear Rick M,

I am happy to know that you had a great time fishing in Los Cabos and you enjoyed your stay at Posada Real Los Cabos with your friends.

If you decide to come with your wife, please let us know. We will do our best to offer you a very good experience.

I really appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Wife and I stayed her at end of August for 5 nights. Service and food is great. We had all inclusive....water was safe for us to drink. Great location ....laid back area...beach vendors really don't bother you. Room was good ...best A/C unit I have ever experienced in Mexico....been there a total of 4 times on both sides. The A/C was so good that we needed to turn it down because the room got to cold! No musty or damp smell.

Service excellent....very easy to talk to wait staff and bartenders! Every night they also had live music!

Only 2 negatives .....beach is great however not very swimmable as the locals will concur... Definitely rent a car and go towards Cabo San Lucas there are some public beaches along the way or swim in San Lucas.
Buffet variety was good for breakfast and dinner.. ..lunch was the same everyday.

Grounds are kept very nice and this place is very family friendly!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Journeeman
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Journeeman,

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Posada Real Los Cabos.

Unfortunately, most of the beaches in Los Cabos are not swimmable because the strong undertow.
Near our hotel there are public beaches where our guests can swim like Palmilla and Chileno.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

My husband and I have made about 12 trips in the past 20 years and always say here. The staff is so friendly...wonderful people. We do the All Inclusive...the food and Margaritas...excellent! Rooms not too modern, could use upgrades, we go for the quaintness and the amazing staff. Have met some wonderful fellow people on vacations...quiet a few Canadians, so fun!!! (We have gone in Nov. and March...have avoided the college break scene.)

Room Tip: You pay more, but once stayed on end room overlooking Sea of Cortez...Lovely!!!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank duanew618
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear duanew618,

I appreciate your comments.

It will be a pleasure to have you among us, again.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.