We stayed 6 nights at the Hilton on the Corridor and then moved to The Tropicana for 2 more nights.
The hotel is old Mexico style. It is situated right on the main street and almost in the town center. Great walking location to most anything in town...shops, bars, restaurants, etc. There is a large, secure free parking lot for guests. Check-in was easy and quick. We booked a standard room. It was very clean and just fine for our 2 nights there. A little dark though. A good size ceramic tile shower...with good water pressure and good hot/cold. Room has a cheap hairdryer to use. Not central a/c, but a split. We are not fans of these type of a/c coolers...but it is what it is.
Lovely, large courtyard with a clean, refreshing pool. No handrails at the pool though...so be careful. The steps in are rather high. The pics on the site show a thatched pool bar. It is there, but it is not operable. You can get drinks/food brought out from the hotel restaurant though. Or, you can bring out your own. The thatched hut could use a trim...the fronds are almost touching the water in the pool. A good amount of lounge chairs, tables, etc. LOTS of pretty foliage and 2 bird cages with 3 happy looking birds in them. There is a cabana that is the small spa for the hotel. We booked a treatment and we really enjoyed it. VERY reasonable for the services.
It has a very good restaurant and bar(see separate lisiting).
The hotel is very clean and well maintained. There was no room noise from other guests. But, there was a carnival/fair during the time we were there and there was noise from that.
We would gladly stay again..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Tropicana Inn Located in the Art District of San Jose del Cabo. Tropicana Inn offers our guests a great atmosphere and quality services. A colonial mexican hacienda-style meets tropical ambiance and the essence of a boutique hotel to put within your reach what we truly believe are the best dining and lodging services among Los Cabos hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tropicana Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Tropicana San Jose Del Cabo
- Tropicana Inn Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo