2,230 results
All reviews mango deck medano beach tribes restaurant time share recommend casa one bedroom suite sand bar rooms are huge pool concierge the location is perfect walking distance to town pool or beach living area full kitchen sales people lands end spring break
Reviewed 3 January 2018

This was our first trip to Cabo and to this resort. We traveled in December and had a great time. We made some good friends along the way too.
Let’s get the not so great average part out of the way:
We did not like the "upscale" dining. Skip it! Waste of time. It was cold, food was just average and even a couple wait staff were just average. They were not like many of the others around the resort.
Now for the Friendly and Fun part:
Front desk staff was great they worked quickly to help you and acknowledged you while you were waiting.
Bartenders were fantastic! Something different at every location. They even worked to make something we liked if they didn’t have what another bar had. Food was good. It’s not the same as home so you can’t compare it. It was good and we had choices. Breakfast was great!
I wish I could remember the name of the lady that worked at almost every location I think it was Evet. I think she was there sun up to sun down. Evet was bright, happy and made our mornings when we saw her.
The beach area was nice and clean. Pools were clean with plenty of room. The activities were fun. Even if it’s something you might not ever do.... just try it. They are great at getting you involved and making you have a great time.
I really don't have just one favorite although many stick out in my mind. Everyone was so very accommodating, friendly and fun.

Room tip: Rooms away from the pool area are best for quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
OzielGaribayC, Director of Rooms at Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Hola Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent experience while at our Resort.
We look forward to welcome you back in the near future and make along with you more wonderful memories for life.
Best Regards!

Reviewed 31 December 2017

We haven't stayed at Casa Dorada in a few years despite several trips down a year. A great deal came up so we were able to book it and enjoy a one bedroom unit. Everything about Casa D is still fantastic. The rooms are huge, bigger than my house! Rooms are well appointed and very comfortable! *Had to laugh that I forgot the darn shelf holder still falls out in the fridge door when we stacked cans in it, happens every time I have stayed there. The grounds are still beautiful and well kept. Staff is always welcoming and friendly, they will recognize if you have been there a few times. Maids keep the room clean, well stocked. Of course we appreciate them and leave them a daily tip. Glad to see the spa was redone and pool area is repaired and finished (I was there 5 weeks before visiting a friend staying there and the wall was still up at the far side of the pool).
Pool service is always great and always nice to see Emilio. Didn't spend much time at the pool as we are mostly beach people.
Now here are a few issues that I found to be not so great. These "issues" really only pertain to those that love to spend most of their time on the beach. The stairs leading to the beach are still wiped out from the tropical storm Lidia in September. Not a huge deal but its a bit inconvenient and disruptive to walk through the people eating at the outdoor tables when carrying floaties, towels etc. Come to find out that they seem to be having a bit of a "tiff" with Omega next door and dont want any of their patrons to eat there....hence the stairs not getting repaired. We put our stuff down on lounge chairs and ordered several rounds of drinks and some food from Casa D. Occasionally we would go to Omega (as I have known all the staff for years) and yes occasionally I would bring back a mango marg from next door. A good mix of buying from Casa and buying a taco from next door as we have always done. I understand the staff feeling a little pissy about this but here is the deal. I could put my towels down and leave for several hours like a lot of jerky people do or I can buy from both and still tip the casa d staff. The servers we have known, tipped and often brought gifts for wont provide us service any longer and sent over a new gal. It certainly didn't warrant a manger to come down and speak with us then go next door to Omega and talk with their owner/manager. By the way, she approached out the wrong person initially as my friend was walking by and stopped to talk with us, with no intention of sitting with us at Casa D. she was headed elsewhere. I called her off my friend and said to come talk to me if there is a problem instead. Come on you guys! Tourism is way down (beach was very empty, tons of lounge chairs) and there were 7 of us staying and purchasing food and drinks from the pool and beach staff for a week. You all need to work together and not put the paying customers in the middle of your disagreements. I would be happy enough to just hang out at Omega all day if thats the case. Gees, beach politics are not part of my vacation. If you still had 2/1 food offers I would buy even more from Casa D. By the way, 2 brand new watches that I had brought down for the activity guys that work on the beach went "missing" from my beach bag. Hope you can figure out a plan so that you all can work together...

Room tip: most all rooms have fantastic views except 1st floor
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank smrbrz
OzielGaribayC, Director of Rooms at Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Hola Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great comments about your recent vacation at Casa Dorada. We do appreciate your patronage and preference.
We strive to give you the best experience and are very proud to know we were close to perfection with you and your family.
Thank you also for your recognition to our talented and hard working Staff.
In regards at your report at the Beach Club, we of course have a different perception. The Beach Club is a Restaurant of the property and has food and drinks in it that is there for the sole purpose of being ordered by customers. It is not a problem of a dispute with the neighbor restaurant but from respect to our place.
We look forward to welcome you back in our Resort and make along with you more memories for life.
Happy New Year and big hugs to everyone in your family!

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We spend time every year at Casa Dorada and it never disappoints. This year the new spa was open and it was a great place to relax and renew. The staff at this hotel are above and beyond the level expected anywhere, but in addition are friendly and anxious to improve my day - recommending restaurants both on-site and downtown, making off-menu accommodations, and on the beach, Luis the lifeguard, is ensuring everyone has their chairs and umbrellas at the optimal comfort level, at the same time vigilantly scanning the water to make sure no one is overwhelmed in the water. He seems to know everyone and is a welcome familiar sight every year. Along with Luis, the waitstaff everywhere at Casa Dorada are happy to converse in half-Spanish and answer questions about the language. The concierge will cheerfully to print a file, arrange a ride, and help with anything you need. The staff welcomes us "home" every year when we walk in.

All of this pampering makes the difference between just another hotel and a true vacation from stressful civilization. One could say that being treated like royalty has given some of the clientele the idea that they are now actually royalty and I'm amazed at the staff's ability to deal with the occasional impolite entitled Americans who have gotten full of themselves.

The GBS staff could soften the sales pressure and remove a great annoyance. Having purchased and upgraded to my best potential purchase, as a long-time member, I would appreciate the opportunity to "opt out" of invitations when I make reservations to a members meeting which is nothing more than trading hours of my limited time off with my family to be marketed to. If I wanted to upgrade further, it could be done with a phone call.

Room tip: If the Mango Deck music potentially bothers you, request a room east of the lobby.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mckenzey B

Hola Dear Mr. McKenzey,

Thank you very much for a lovely review and for taking the time to post it.
We appreciate your recognition to all the Staff and especially to Luis, our humble and hard working Life Guard. I do not get tired of saying that he is the vivid representation of the spirit of service of our Staff.
Thank you also for your comments about our "room for improvement" that we take very seriously and will address properly.
We look forward to welcome you back in the near future and keep on surprising you and your family with new things and the same level of commitment.
Big hugs, blessings and love to you and your beloved ones!
Happy New Year!

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Great location easy walk to every place - you do not need a car! Every room has amazing ocean view. We enjoyed the free spa and equipment rental at the pool. Daily room service - very rare for timeshare. Easy walk to many restaurants on the beach. Very easy to find a beach chair on its private beach. One of our best vacations ever!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hola Dear David,

Happy New Year ! Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are thrilled to know you had such an amazing time here with us during your recent vacation.
Our hard working and warm hearted Staff do their job with huge passion and enthusiasm and the result is what you notice and feel.
We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Have a wonderful year full of blessings and great things.
Big hugs!

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

All I can say is that the Casa Dorada staff are excellent. They are truly so hardworking and giving. I went for a week with my mom and I’ve never experienced anything like it. Luis, the lifeguard at the beach is extremely helpful and nice. Eduardo, who also works by the beach, is so kind and it’s easy to have a good conversation with him. Emilio, who works by the pool , is also very friendly and nice and always gives off positive vibes. Leo, who’s in the Lobby and room service, is so friendly and delightful. He always gives you a great, happy smile. Nareem in the bar is great and easy to talk to. The women in housekeeping are so hardworking and nice. They do an amazing job. The men in the front lobby who greet guests are very kind as well, especially Ají who was truly nice and also Aquiles. Lluvia and everyone working in the office near the bar are very kind. Basically EVERYONE is amazing at a Casa Dorada. They are nice, humble people who have quickly become friends of ours. It feels great to be treated the way one treats others. So overall, our experience was a memorable one.
Thank you so much to all of you!
We hope to see you again soon!

Date of stay: December 2017
OzielGaribayC, Director of Rooms at Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Hola Dear Natasha,

Your review is music for our ears!!, lovely! thank you for taking the time to post your great experience while at the Resort and thank you for your recognition to all our great co-workers whom make possible to achieve this high level of service with their great attitude and hard work.
They all will get a printed copy of your review so they can bring home a sample of the love and friendship they collect in life doing what they like the most: To serve with the heart of a King.
Happy Holidays to you and your beloved ones and we look forward to welcome you back here soon!
Hugs and Blessings!