We just got back from 4 nights and 4 days at the Riu Santa Fe. I was very neverous as to how the hotel would be after reading multiple reviews. The hotel was immaculate that goes for the Landscaping, Pools, Dining areas, Bars and rooms. We Stayed in Bldg 7 which is the furthest from the Reception area, but closest the beach. During the 4 nights we ate at the Buffet, the Asian Resturant, the Itailian and the Steak house. The Asian was the best, with the Buffet being the second, Italian the least favorite. The breakfast had plenty of options as did lunch and dinner. The Food is middle of the road, not great and not bad, but with enough options you will get plenty.
We spent most of the time in one of the Pools, with a swim/walk up bar. The mixed drinks were not the strongest but that's probably just fine as you can always have a refreshment in your hand and still be able to enjoy yourself. The Beer is Dos XX, tastes just like any regular beer.
Those folks that complain about the resort probably wouldn't know how to have fun if someone drew them a map.
The courtyard bars were a blast in the evening time. The Sports bar did have a funny smell one night but why be inside when there is a ton seating and the evenings are warm outside in the main plaza. The Disco, we didn't even look inside until the last night. There are lots of clubs in Cabo to chose if that what you are looking to do.
The Beach was O.K. to swim a couple of times but mainly rough and you better know what to do if you are there when the waves are crashing.
All and All excellent time at a great resort without any unpleasant suprises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos